Battlecast Primetime Ep.9

4 replies to this topic

#1 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:16

Battlecast Prometime Ep.9 is now available.

On this Episode of Battlecast Primetime…

--We show you all the steps in making a new Red Alert 3 unit from concept to creation to balance

--Louis Castle, creator of the Sacred Green Crystal, joins us to reminisce about Red Alert 2

--Adam McCarthy, lead animator on Red Alert 3, talks about art in the gaming industry – see how he animated his favorite new Red Alert 3 unit.

--Apoc's back in his corner, Amir’s answering your questions, and we have 5 great matches in the Battlecast Five.

--And of course… David accepts Raj’s challenge in The Main Event. Black's Big Battle – 2 MCVs enter, 1 MCV leaves! Who will win in the match Jason Bender is calling "A Noob Apocalypse"?

Link: http://www.commandan...tv/default.aspx

#2 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 26 April 2008 - 14:09

To bad that Raj got pwned :lol: but there were alot of mcvs :wahhhhhaa:

Edited by -Drag-, 26 April 2008 - 14:10.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 26 April 2008 - 18:59

Damn it Raj I was rooting for you :( .

Someone challenge David to avenge Raj plz!

Edited by Soul, 26 April 2008 - 18:59.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#4 Uber Daisy

• 536 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:26

Noob apocalypse indeed.

Raj would win if they'd been playing seriously.
Reactors Posted Image
Sensors Posted Image
Weapons systems Posted Image
All Systems Nominal.

#5 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:42

Because any RA3 info seems rather thin on the ground in this topic, if you don't mind I'll post up a summary courtesy of commandandconquer.filefront.com :

- There will be transformation animations for amphibious units, and of course unselected idle, selected idle, move and attack animations minimum.
- Walls are quite definitely back, and will be easy to place thanks to the grid-based system.
- RA3 will be unveiled next week in Moscow in a WW2 bunker, including MP, story, and graphics. So at the very least in the next BCPT they'll show us too.
- The campaign can't be played without either a friend or AI, but there will be some cool combination possibilities to compensate
- The terror drone is back, this time it is even able to attack ships, because it swims! It also has a second ability which they did not want to reveal yet
- Three female commandos confirmed
- The Flak Track was planned to return but instead it is replaced by the Bullfrog Transport when the latter unit goes on land (on water it functions as a transport, shooting men out of a cannon on the back instead of having to land to deploy them, but presumable still has limited AA capabilities). This is also an extremely popular unit among the development team
- New unit: The Sickle

Concept:
Posted Image

In-game:
Posted Image

There was also a background view of the sidebar:
Posted Image

So there you are. I thought there was some cool stuff I had forgotten from the episode.

Edited by CommanderJB, 28 April 2008 - 07:37.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users