Chronosheep's creations

50 replies to this topic

#51 Chronosheep

Amateur

• 106 posts
  • Projects: C&C: Renovatio

Posted 20 March 2009 - 16:30

Thanks, all.

If it ever gets a skin, could you possibly post pics here as well ?

It is unlikely that it ever will, but if it ever does, I will post it.

Can I have wallpaper (1440x900)?

I'm quite busy these days, but I'll see what I can do.

I don't think it is a very good looking Mammoth.
As a dual-barrelled heavy tank, however, it looks wonderful. It could be a next generation China Overlord Tank (sans bullguard).

as the Mammoth tank is relying on energy shield to protect itself, all that heavy amour would look out of place. But it fits the role of a next gen./Adv. Overload perfectly

I'm not quite sure what your reasons for this opinion is... this mammoth tank was not made as a replacement for any mammoth tank in any game, it's a completely independant design, not meant for any speciffic C&C game.
As for the Overlord, I'd say it's a variant of a mammoth tank... double set of tracks, twin cannons and huge size - the characteristic features of a mammoth tank.
I'm not sure which mammoth tanks used energy shields to protect themselves, but as far as I know, neighter the RA1 one, the Apocalypse from RA2 (and RA3?) or the Overlord did... and I don't think the one from TD did eighter.

how many polys?

Since the maximum poly count for the competition was 10k, I didn't hold back, so I think it ended up around 8300, and it's not optimized at all... could probably cut it down by some thousand without notable change to the appearance.
For use in a game, many of the details I modeled in would be replaced by a normal map.

Edited by Chronosheep, 20 March 2009 - 16:31.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users