The Boidy Thread

83 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll 5 (8 member(s) have cast votes)

To buy, or not to buy...

1. Buy (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Not buy (7 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:03

Posted Image

Sorry for the tiny image, you can get a bigger one here: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/inde...3D1%26spc%3D155

Anyway, with Black Friday just around the corner, I was looking for some clothes to buy, and this caught my eye.

Is it at all worth the $75 do you think? Will the price drop at all next Friday? Would it be worth it then? I don't know. I think it's really nice but I want your input!

Edited by Boidy, 17 November 2010 - 03:01.

#2 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:42

If its not too expensive, buy it.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:03

Any reason you want to pay for the name? Otherwise pretty much any belt will keep your trousers up.

#4 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:59

Hahahaha. I've missed you, man. :D
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#5 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:27

I specifically ban you from buying a white versace belt Boidy. Dear God it's burning my eyes.

#6 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:17

Kitsch for my tastes.

At the risk of sounding like a fashion victim, there is more to a belt than it holding up your trousers. Belts accentuate style, and a good belt at your waist can make you feel like a million pounds - not to be confused with pounds in weight.

I also wonder if braces will ever make a come back? Geek chic?

Edited by Stinger, 01 June 2008 - 11:18.

#7 Teron

Absinth drinker

• 938 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:37

That's the most disgusting belt I've ever seen :wahhhhhaa:
"It's not the cards you have, it's how you play them!" - Gambit (X-Men)

#8 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 01 June 2008 - 13:23

Ghey looking. Not to buy

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#9 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 01 June 2008 - 14:57

I dont think you should go for a white belt. You'd need to have a darker skin tone for it to look okay on you without looking totally gay.

Also. I see you've learned Italian stuff is the best :D

Check out other Euro stuff too.

G star (I believe dutch?) is nice as is Lambretta (British copying Italians) as is Lacoste (frenchie :D)

Otherwise stick with Diesel Armani, Gucci, Versace, Dolce & Gabanna, Valentino etc. etc. etc... :D (Italian :P)

Europeans dress the best :P

#10 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 16:43

I actually like Versace items for the Greek Key pattern on a lot of it and the Medusa Head on a lot of it. Not the name.

-Boidy

#11 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 17:18

UPDIDDLYDATED

#12 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 01 June 2008 - 17:21

I like this Shirt.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#13 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 17:44

So do I. Now to whoever voted no, speak up, or I do not welcome your votes in my thread. I want reasons as to why not.

Anyway, so today, I'm bored. I have nothing to do. And I'm angered by a small cluster of pimples that has grown on the right corner of my mouth. Disgusting. Blegh. And plus, when I open my mouth up wide, it hurts. At least it isn't herpes simplex though.

I'm considering hosting a party, but parent permission isn't going too well.

-Boidy

#14 Crobar

Semi-Pro

• 211 posts
  • Projects: Just Chilling

Posted 01 June 2008 - 17:51

Nice shirt :D I voted yes, buy the shirt
Posted Image

#15 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 18:02

I agree, tis a nice shirt.

I would buy that.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#16 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 02 June 2008 - 00:40

The shirt is sexy ;)

View PostC. Boidy, on 1 Jun 2008, 18:44, said:

So do I. Now to whoever voted no, speak up, or I do not welcome your votes in my thread. I want reasons as to why not.

Anyway, so today, I'm bored. I have nothing to do. And I'm angered by a small cluster of pimples that has grown on the right corner of my mouth. Disgusting. Blegh. And plus, when I open my mouth up wide, it hurts. At least it isn't herpes simplex though.

I'm considering hosting a party, but parent permission isn't going too well.

-Boidy

I'll bring teh booze n teh drugz n teh gurlz! :loel:

#17 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:04

I know plenty of girls to invite as it is. More would just be overwhelming.

-Boidy

#18 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:15

You could pull in that shirt for defs - 'tis rather trendy.

#19 Cuppa

Semi-Pro

• 227 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:40

That actually looks pretty stylish.
Posted Image

#20 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:10

Good news, it looks like the parent figures are going to let me get the shirt.

In other news: I spent the day at the girlfriend's house. We went for a walk, and we were TAILED!

-Boidy

#21 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:09

The shirt is officially mine :loel:

-Boidy

#22 Cuppa

Semi-Pro

• 227 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:13

The fact that he has a trench coat alone makes him badass.
Posted Image

#23 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:23

Indeed

In 1975, Rorschach was searching for a kidnapped child and found her captor's vacant hideout. A cursory inspection revealed, to his horror, that the girl had been murdered, butchered, and fed to two German Shepherd dogs. In the face of this atrocity, Kovacs' mind snapped and assumed the mental identity of Rorschach as a separate personality. He killed the dogs with a meat cleaver and waited for the kidnapper. Kovacs later mentioned, "shock of impact ran along my arm. It was Kovacs who said 'mother' then, muffled under Latex. It was Kovacs who closed his eyes. It was Rorschach who opened them again." When the man returned, he wordlessly chained him to a pipe, ignoring his claims of innocence (the man telling Rorschach: "Y-you can't prove anything. I mean, wh-where's the evidence", suggesting that he fed the girl to the dogs to get rid of the 'evidence'), then placed a hacksaw near him and set the house on fire. Finally speaking, he told the terrified man that he would not have time to cut through his restraints before the fire killed him (implying that he would have to sever his own arm to escape). Kovacs calmly watched the structure burn from across the street; the suspected kidnapper did not emerge. (This sequence may be taken from the 1980 Australian film Mad Max, where the hero, Max Rockatansky does exactly the same thing in the last minutes of the film.) In an interview ten years later with psychologist Malcolm Long, Kovacs explicitly mentioned the incident as the point after which he became "Rorschach, who sometimes pretends to be Kovacs"; before that, he claims, he was only "Kovacs pretending to be Rorschach." He no longer refers to his "mask"; now he only calls the mask his "face".

That is bad ass.

-Boidy

#24 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:03

Posted Image
"Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face."
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#25 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:32

View PostC. Boidy, on 2 Jun 2008, 6:23, said:

Indeed

In 1975, Rorschach was searching for a kidnapped child and found her captor's vacant hideout. A cursory inspection revealed, to his horror, that the girl had been murdered, butchered, and fed to two German Shepherd dogs. In the face of this atrocity, Kovacs' mind snapped and assumed the mental identity of Rorschach as a separate personality. He killed the dogs with a meat cleaver and waited for the kidnapper. Kovacs later mentioned, "shock of impact ran along my arm. It was Kovacs who said 'mother' then, muffled under Latex. It was Kovacs who closed his eyes. It was Rorschach who opened them again." When the man returned, he wordlessly chained him to a pipe, ignoring his claims of innocence (the man telling Rorschach: "Y-you can't prove anything. I mean, wh-where's the evidence", suggesting that he fed the girl to the dogs to get rid of the 'evidence'), then placed a hacksaw near him and set the house on fire. Finally speaking, he told the terrified man that he would not have time to cut through his restraints before the fire killed him (implying that he would have to sever his own arm to escape). Kovacs calmly watched the structure burn from across the street; the suspected kidnapper did not emerge. (This sequence may be taken from the 1980 Australian film Mad Max, where the hero, Max Rockatansky does exactly the same thing in the last minutes of the film.) In an interview ten years later with psychologist Malcolm Long, Kovacs explicitly mentioned the incident as the point after which he became "Rorschach, who sometimes pretends to be Kovacs"; before that, he claims, he was only "Kovacs pretending to be Rorschach." He no longer refers to his "mask"; now he only calls the mask his "face".

That is bad ass.

-Boidy

That guy has the same name as he beam deflector in Battleships Forever. DO EET!
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users