1.06 Zero Hour Community Balance Patch

15 replies to this topic

#1 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 20:26

New link: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=380765
DL Link and original change log is there. To install, it's a .big file so put it in your main directory, remove if you don't want to play 1.06.

It is not quite the finalized version that'll be released as there's no installer or changelog attached but from what I can decipher, these will be the main balance/design changes.

Changelog:

● All China Gattling Cannon HP back to 1000, same as 1.04 (This was a stupid leftover AGM change).
● Infantry Attack Outpost tooltip changed; showing the correct number of slots now.
● Nuke Missile and SCUD Storm tooltip changed; showing the correct countdown timers now.
● All Helixes napalm/nuke bomb instantly available for use after upgraded.
● Tank Helixes price increased to $2250.
● Nuke Helixes price increased to $2000.
● Nuke Cannon promotion criteria changed from 0, 400, 600, 1000 to 0, 400, 500, 1000.

● AK47 upgrade availability moved back to Palace, to counter GLA camp earlier in mirrors. Price increased to from $1000 to $1500, research time increased from 30s to 60s.
● VGLA Camouflage upgrade research time decreased from 60s to 30s.
● VGLA Hijackers availability moved to pre-tech. Still requires gen point.
● Anthrax Beta upgrade price decreased to $1000.
● Toxin Bomb Truck; Bio Bomb upgrade gains additional High Explosive effect after Gamma is researched.
● Toxin SCUD Launcher weapon specs increased from 200 damage, 30 radius to 250 damage, 50 radius.
● Marauder build time decreased from 10 to 8 seconds.

● Chinook price decreased to $1000 for all USA's excluding USAF.
● Paladin PDL fixed, where they now zap all kind of missiles in one hit, including laserlock.
● SWG Alpha Aurora secondary blast radius reduced; it's now about as big as the bomb of the normal Aurora.
● SWG Particle Cannon price increased to $4000.
● USAF Avenger availability moved to pre-tech, just like all other USA's.
● King Raptor PDL doubled (back to 1.04 values again).
● VUSA and USAF Patriots power requirement decreased to 2.

● Stealth Fighters kill ECM Tanks in one volley (2 missiles), where their missiles are also invulerable to deflecting.
It's much less gimmicky than it sounds and also promotes China mixing in the form of Outposts and Chain Gun Gattling Tanks. Stealth Fighters don't really die to Gats while on the move because they recloak so fast, so don't worry about that.
Extra information: For Laser in particular since he doesn't get Tomahawks, Nuke Cannons can be quite the nuisance. Stealth Fighters severely cripple a Nuke Cannon now that their missiles don't get deflected by ECMs anymore, but don't completely kill them. However, they do with the Laser Guided Missile upgrade. Theoretically this can then be countered by Artillery Training where a veteran Nuke Cannon still survives a LGM SF volley, but nobody is really going to do this anyway :/ But it's there.
Additionally, USAF Stealth Fighters have PDL and they zap missiles without decloaking, so they can be used to defend your Humvees versus MiGs for example. This is an amazing thing, but you do need good micro to pull it off.
Avengers still PDL Stealth Fighter missiles.

● Comanche armour increased:
First value is pre-Countermeasures, second is post-Countermeasures.
The percentages mean damage taken.

Normal Comanches:
bullets/avenger: 120% - 70%
patriots/tows: 130% - 110%
inf missiles: 120% - 100%

1.05e
bullets/avenger:100% - 75%
patriots/tows: 130% - 110%
inf missiles: 120% - 100%

bullets/avenger: 90% - 70%
patriots/tows: 95% - 85%
inf missiles: 95% - 85%

USAF Comanches:
bullets/avenger: 100% - 62%
patriots/tows: 100% - 90%
inf missiles: 100% - 90%

1.05e
bullets/avenger:100% - 75%
patriots/tows: 100% - 110% (yes, mistake)
inf missiles: 100% - 100%

bullets/avenger: 90% - 70%
patriots/tows: 95% - 85%
inf missiles: 95% - 85%

Keep in mind that even though these 1.06 values seem to make Comanches actually even better than in 1.04, they don't really. Their promotion criteria is doubled, USAF Comanche price is increased to $1300 and GLA Radar Scan availability is moved to Palace.

General point system changes:

● The amount of points gained per general rank is tripled, with +9 for general level 5.
● Point changes (note that 3 points here is the equivalent of 1 point on previous patches):
China:
1 - Red Guard training
1 - Mini-Gunner training (infantry)
1 - Battlemaster training (tank)
1 - Artillery training
1 - Nuke Cannon
1 - Frenzy 1
1 - Frenzy 2
1 - Frenzy 3
1 - Emergency Repair 1
1 - Emergency Repair 2
1 - Emergency Repair 3
3 - Cluster Mines
3 - Artillery Barrage 1
3 - Artillery Barrage 2
3 - Artillery Barrage 3
4 - Carpet Bomb
2 - Cash Hack 1
2 - Cash Hack 2
2 - Cash Hack 3
2 - Tank Drop 1 (tank)
2 - Tank Drop 2 (tank)
2 - Tank Drop 3 (tank)
2 - Infantry Paradrop 1 (infantry)
2 - Infantry Paradrop 2 (infantry)
2 - Infantry Paradrop 3 (infantry)
4 - EMP Pulse

USA:
2 - Spy Drone
1 - Paladin Tank (vusa)
1 - Stealth Fighter
1 - Emergency Repair 1
1 - Emergency Repair 2
1 - Emergency Repair 3
2 - Pathfinder
1 - Paradrop 1
1 - Paradrop 2
1 - Paradrop 3
3 - A10 Strike 1
3 - A10 Strike 2
3 - A10 Strike 3
4 - B2 Carpet Bomb (usaf)
3 - Leaflet Drop
4 - Spectre Gunship
4 - Fuel Air Bomb

GLA:
1 - Technical training
1 - Marauder Tank
1 - Scud Launcher
1 - Emergency Repair 1
1 - Emergency Repair 2
1 - Emergency Repair 3
1 - Hijacker (vgla)
3 - Rebel Ambush 1
3 - Rebel Ambush 2
3 - Rebel Ambush 3
3 - Cash Bounty 1
3 - Cash Bounty 2
3 - Cash Bounty 3
3 - GPS Scrambler
4 - Anthrax Bomb
4 - Sneak Attack

Additional General Point changes:
● Emergency Repair timer changed from 4 to 2 minutes, healing 200 / 400 / 600 HP.
● Emergency Repair level 1 moved to general level 1 for all factions, excluding Infantry because he already has Frenzy there.
● Ranger Drop:
Name changed to Paradrop.
- Level 1: 2 Missile Defenders, 3 Rangers
- Level 2: 4 Missile Defenders, 6 Rangers
- Level 3: 6 Missile Defenders, 9 Rangers

Icon changes:

These may not have high priority, but for a well polished game they have some value. Besides, it shouldn't be hard/take much time to code these in.

GLA:
● Anthrax Beta icon to VGLA's Marauder Tanks added.
● Booby Trap icon added to Demo's Rebels.
● Demolitions icon added to Demo's Tunnels and Stingers, just like with all Demo units.
● Demolitions icon removed from Demo's Bomb Truck; it didn't affect this unit.
● Anthrax Beta icon added to Stealth's Bomb Trucks.
● Anthrax Beta icon added to Stealth's SCUD Storm.
● Camouflage icon added to Stealth's Rebels.
● Camouflage icon removed from from Toxin's Rebels.
● Anthrax Gamma icon added to Toxin's Stinger Sites.
● Anthrax Gamma icon added to Toxin's RPG Troopers.
● Anthrax Gamma icon added to Toxin's Marauder Tanks.
● Anthrax Gamma icon added to Toxin's SCUD Storm.

China:
● Radar upgrade icon added to all China's Command Centers.
● Napalm Bomb icon added to VChina and Tank Helixes. It was already done for Assault Helixes.
● Uranium Shells and Nuclear Tanks icons added to Nuke's Battlemasters and Overlords.
● Speaker Tower upgrade icon shown as purchased for the Emperor Tank.
● Patriotism icon added for Infantry's Tank Hunter.
● Nationalism icon added for Infantry's Mini-Gunner and Tank Hunter. It looks the same as Patriotism, but two icons are shown for distinguishment.

USA:
● Composite Armour icon removed from SWG and USAF Microwave Tanks.

Pretty interesting patch, mostly general point system was changed and the noticeable buff to commanches. Good community patch that balances the game, most online 1.06 games are played on the weekly tournaments and by a few people who want to play for each other.

For anyone confused about general point changes, works like this.

Take the original amount of general points and triple them. That is the total amount in 1.06. Then take all the "good" powers and triple their cost (to 3 points, essentially 1 point). Take the "very good" powers and quadruple their cost (to 4 points, essentially 4/3 points). Take the mediocre ones and double their cost (to 2 points, essentially 2/3 a point). Take all the crappy ones and leave them the same (1 point, essentially 1/3 of a point).

Edited by Sharpnessism, 23 June 2008 - 02:58.

Posted Image

#2 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:11

The new gen point system is interesting...

#3 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 17:19

That is absolutely interesting...
Posted Image

#4 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 19:07

And this is an EA patch? Very odd.

(If I'm being a n00b here, forgive me...but this is quite comprehensive, if indeed it's a community thing)

Edited by Foxhound, 12 June 2008 - 19:07.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 19:34

View PostFoxhound, on 12 Jun 2008, 15:07, said:

And this is an EA patch? Very odd.

(If I'm being a n00b here, forgive me...but this is quite comprehensive, if indeed it's a community thing)

No. It's basically a balance mod. The 1.05c version of this balance mod had a chance of becoming an official patch but official support for the patch was pulled, leaving it a "balance mod" instead of an official patch.
Posted Image

#6 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 19:51

If you will excuse me, but these guys clearly know their shit.

Pre-tech Avengers. Mmm, yummy.

I will check this out for sure.

Edited by Stinger, 12 June 2008 - 19:52.

#7 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 23:00

This thing will affect ShW or any mod installed, correct?

#8 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 23:18

It won't affect the ShockWave mod unless you are running ShockWave through the launcher - then the 1.06 mod will screw with the values of things.

As for it affecting other mods, well, your guess is as good as mine - most likely.

Just place the .big file into your Zero Hour directory when you want to play and remove it when you are done with it.

#9 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:00

Instructions on using the patch so it doesn't affect your ShW (may not work with TFD).

1. DL the patch.
2. Extract into your C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data folder (same one that holds your maps, saves, and replays)

3. Create a new shortcut of your ZH executable to the desktop.
4. Right click short cut---->properties
5. Type in " -mod 1.06.big" into the "target"

Target:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\generals.exe" -quickstart -mod 1.06.big

^Looks like that
Done!

Note, for step 5, if you renamed the .big file, just type in -mod *insertname*.big
Note, -quickstart makes the game skip the initial sequence, you don't need it

Edited by Sharpnessism, 13 June 2008 - 02:02.

Posted Image

#10 fusion

• 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 21:03

This does not work for me , crashes with the serious error. yes i have first decade installed but im not new to installing and uninstalling mods .... so any idea's guys ?? Sitting here bored 8| . Thanks in advance. soz just read the part about first decade ill try cut and paste into a new folder.

Edited by fusion, 26 March 2010 - 21:19.

#11 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 21:21

Omg, talk about a massive thread necro... Anyway, just extract it directly in your Zero Hour directory. Make sure you have no other mods (or remains of it) installed and make sure the big file starts with 00 or 0

Example:
00Thispatch.big or 0Thispatch.big

#12 fusion

• 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 21:26

Necro .. ah u mean bringing up an old thread i think ^ ^ , sorry i dont have intrnet at home well technically thats a lie beacuse i borrowed my mates usb internet yesterday ... so now i do! and only now i knew there was a 1.6 patch :( !!

Edit .. Still no luck , i cut my zero hour directory frm tfd and pasted it into "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour" (Folder i made). Renamed the Patch to 00Project.big and the shortcut to "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\generals.exe" -quickstart -mod 00Project.big"

I Got it from here http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=380765 so i'd assume it's legit ?

Is There something i'm missing or not doing right normally i dont have any problems with any patch or mod except Trinity-Force and this ...

Edited by fusion, 26 March 2010 - 21:32.

#13 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:41

Screw the -mod commandline in the shortcut, just rename the big file to start with 0 or 00 and open ZeroHour like you normally do.

And yea, that site is legit since they're the ones who made the 1.6 balance patch.

#14 fusion

• 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 15:27

k thank you.
off topic here but.
. im interested in making my own mod , i have many ideas written on paper already , i just need the programns , tut's and idea's for the gla and china sides. usa i think is almost finished [idea wise] , but ive never made a mod before so wouldnt have a clue where to start , whether to learn coding or modelling first ... and as for skinning god help me !!!!

#15 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 15:59

Our C&C Generals / Zero Hour Modding Forum and Modding Tutorials would be good places to start. Here is a good place to find all the programs you might need.

Edited by Bob, 27 March 2010 - 16:00.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#16 fusion

• 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 16:08

Thanks Bob... ill try find a tut now on how to use Gmax. hopefully ill be able to figure out how to make my own models :P aircrafts i want to do first as it's the main part of the mod i think ... see how it goes anyway lol !! thanks again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users