the suicide is the exit to the problems?

27 replies to this topic

#1 edsato82

Professional

• 317 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 20:09

I do not want to enter in detail, that would make me feel badly. I only want to know opinion
Posted Image Thanks Kid
Posted Image Thanks Abourror

#2 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 20:25

Just an FYI, we discussed something similar before. http://forum.cncreneclips.com/index.php?sh...&hl=suicide

As for this topic, I believe it does solve all of your problems, it also shows that you have given up, and the one thing I've known about myself is that I will always find some way to fight back. I have no empathy with someone who has given up, because I cannot think like that.

#3 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 20:26

NO NEVER. Suicide is for quitters, under no circumstances should people sacrifice the most important thing they have in their possesions for ANYTHING! Any problem can be sorted out, but we cant bring people back from the dead; every life is worth living, no matter what the problem may be, they'll over-come it.

Many people die from suicide every year, but they never tried to sort it out, oh they think they have their reasons, but they don't, they don't try to over-come it, they don't try to tell other people why they want to kill themselves, they never try to talk to their peers or their familey, but anyone who does talk, survives.
so, get my meaning? NO ONE SHOULD KILL THEMSELVES! Including you. Talk.
You almost did, didn't you?

#4 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 19 July 2008 - 21:52

I've thought of it on more then one occasion, but I've never attempted it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#5 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 22:18

IMO it depends on the state of mind. If someone is depresive it is most likely to fold on problems and eventually commit suicide. However if you see hope then you'll do everything you can to get out of the mess (ofc without killing yourself)
Posted Image

#6 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:02

Suicide doesn't solve problems.
It passes them on to somebody else.

-Boidy

#7 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:22

I won't lie, I've thought about suicide more time than I care to enumerate (is that healthy?) The fact of the matter is that suicide is viewed as the coward's way out. To kill one's self instead of confronting the problem, whatever that may be, shows a weak constitution and an unwillingness to "man up" to a give situation. Boidy is right. The problems aren't solved, so much as they're passed on. What's more is, not only are they passed on, but they're also compounded. If you thought life was hard for you, it's now exponentially harder for those left in your absence (close friends, family, etc.)

As much as I've thought about committing the ultimate act of cowardice, I don't believe I'll ever go through with it. There's too much to see and life is short enough as is. Do yourself a favour and stick with life.
Posted Image

#8 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 13:02

Suicide is generally considered selfish and cowardly although the latter is something I disagree with. Even if it is the easy way out, it still takes something to make the choice and top oneself. It's easier than facing the problems but it's not a Sunday stroll either. I do not look down on suicidal persons if they have their reasons and eventually, it's their life. If they don't want it any longer, it's their decision which I'm not going to contest.

Edited by Rayburn, 20 July 2008 - 13:03.

#9 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 22:59

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 20 Jul 2008, 3:22, said:

an unwillingness to "man up" to a give situation

Damn I hate that phrase - it's been a little too over-used in my lifetime already. As for myself, I have thought of suicide a few times, but in a gentle, mulling manner, with no intent behind it. As a diabetic, committing suicide would be easy as refusing medical treatment, which I am perfectly at right to do. However, no matter whether life has really been getting me down for any reason I see it as a challenge for myself to come back and fight back against whatever it was that was getting me down - it's not a matter of cowardice, more a matter of finding my own self-worth. However, by committing suicide you are indeed passing the problems onto those who care about you most - and their suffering will certainly be far worse than anything that you could go through without experiencing the same thing, and would end up ultimately decreasing their quality of life, and how they feel about everything. It would be unfair to do so and to lay such a heavy burden. However, as Rayburn correctly pointed out, it is not cowardice, more an easy way out - it still takes immense courage to 'pull the trigger' as it were, and such if that is any person's definitive choice, I would certainly not see them as cowards, more simply unthoughtful as to the toll that their death would take upon others. That being said, no matter what is discussed wherever you may choose to look - it is the person's life to end as they see fit, even if the law sees differently, suicide is a personal choice that cannot be determined by such silly niggling matters (in this case) as laws or as said by others.

Edited by AjPod, 20 July 2008 - 23:03.

For there can be no death without life.

#10 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:01

Suicide's nice and easy. It's the pain that sucks.
Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

#11 Medve

I thought it's a box

• 567 posts
  • Projects: Cnc: Untitled

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:09

It's not so "nice and easy" unless you are already dying.

I thought only once to give up. I was very ill, and became that with no energy inside me. The worst in it was that I couldn't eat, but I needed some. What was also a bad factor, is that I had to apply for my summer workplace, and I had to go to several places with no chance to rest. Outside the office, I had to wait 1 and a half hours where it was hot and no air. If I didn't ask for a chair, then the next thing I would see is a hospital. I had a very long struggle for self conciousness, which I actually won though I felt I should give up sometimes. My back was hurting like hell, my head was hurting too, and I felt very tired and dizzy, everything was flashing and I was wavering. I could only move 15 steps before sitting down again.

The doctor of the workplace said "I can barely measure your blood pressure, it 's so low that it's only scratching the bottom of the meter" I've gone through a lot of things which my friends and classmates don't, but this was over the top.

People try and try but there's a point where it's all over. It easy to say NEVER GIVE UP, IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP YOU'LL SOLVE EVERYTHING. That's not true. You wouldn't say that if you are struggling with pain.

Medve
Posted Image

#12 General Kirkov

The very model of a modern major general...

• 1749 posts
  • Projects: MOF book!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 15:16

View PostThe Wandering Jew, on 21 Jul 2008, 1:01, said:

Suicide's nice and easy. It's the pain that sucks.

Watch the movie MASH then post again. Most people who want to kill themselves end up trying to find the most painless way out.

However for every successful suicide there are 90 failed attempts, leaving people more messed up with long term physical and psychological problems. Along with distraught family members especially the parents or spouses who tear themselves to pieces over what they did wrong to fail to prevent their loved one(s) from ending it all.
All Proud Canadians put this Mapple Leaf Ribbon in your Signature! Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Clicking on the picture will bring you to the latest part of the stories.
The Terran Invasions: A New Threat Part 5 is now up!
MOF: Lost and Found Epilogue is now up!

Red Storm, TI-Prologue, TI-Chapter 1, MOF #1, MOF #2, MOF # 3, MOF # 4, MOF # 5, MOF # 6

#13 Z_mann

Professional

• 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 21 July 2008 - 20:46

It is understandable that the desire for an entity towards self-destruction is questionable - by definition, all living things should work towards elongating their own lifespan into the infinite. It is a most basic desire, both instinctual and automatic. You cannot simply overrule it without acting against logic.

What most people forget is that the nature of the human consciousness is multiple, within which each entity produces a solution to a predicament. When faced with overwhelming emotion, one's self might act against logic at first glance; however, when divided into levels of consciousness, the action will obtain logical meaning. Paramount example of this is suicide: when faced with a crisis that incites a burst of emotion various aspects of that one self will react differently. The aforementioned survival urge is weighted down and can be voiced out this way.

As for this being an escape I simply cannot answer. It is up to the individual to decide on this, for there is no mind akin to another, and there is no way of communication perfect enough to convey information of such complexity. But, if you will, try to imagine an overwhelming guilt over something that is well done, that cannot be changed. Imagine as it turns and rips you to shreds until you are nothing more than a deranged lunatic, unable to think for one second without relapsing, over and over, into oblivion. Then slowly think through this whole ordeal again.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Science is magic, only complicated.

#14 EX-P.F.C. Wintergreen

Under Construction

• 578 posts
  • Projects: School, College Applications, Competitive Swimming

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:21

View PostC. Boidy, on 19 Jul 2008, 21:02, said:

-Boidy

Very true sir.

There is a girl at my school who's brother did it then her mom passed away about 2 years late from cancer. She is still alive and happy.

As you can see, more likely than not, she has been through more than you and is mostly fine.

It is never the answer.

I speak from experience btw.
Formerly:

General Admission

The Basilisk

#15 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:46

View PostC. Boidy, on 20 Jul 2008, 3:02, said:

-Boidy

Quoted again for epic truth. _o_
Posted Image

#16 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 21:17

Suicide has pros AND cons.

PROS
*If your life suxx ass, you can always consider that option!
*There are pain-free methods like a lethan injection or an overdose.
*It's not illegal! (From Judge Dredd)

CONS
*If you end your life, it is OVER! You can NEVER go back, EVER!
*If you kill yourself because your life sucks, you are a dumb-ass because you could never have thought that your life could get better, which it will!
*If you even let a single WORD slip out to your therapist about it, he's gonna put you in a mental hospital, whether you like it or NOT!
*If you want to commit suicide, you, mai friend, are an EMO!!!!! Just like Peter Wentz from the whiney, sucky Chicago boy band Fall Out Boy.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 21:43

Fall Out Boy is an alright band. :stickattack3:

-Boidy

#18 EX-P.F.C. Wintergreen

Under Construction

• 578 posts
  • Projects: School, College Applications, Competitive Swimming

Posted 23 July 2008 - 22:04

Its not legal. It is considered a form of murder, if you fail at it (somehow) then you get arrested.
Formerly:

General Admission

The Basilisk

#19 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 20:46

o rly?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Vaughan

Professional

• 390 posts
  • Projects: Resident Knicker.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 20:54

Its not legal. It is considered a form of murder, if you fail at it (somehow) then you get arrested.

I LOL'ed.

~V.
Posted Image

-Tha' rewf iz awn fiyah-

#21 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 21:26

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 25 Jul 2008, 21:46, said:

o rly?

How about more detail in this thread from now on?

#22 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:27

Never knew you could be arrested for failed suicide. Always thought they just put you in a hospital (for mental illness) or make you see a psychiatrist.
Posted Image

#23 TheGrimKnight

• 14 posts
  • Projects: Taking out the trash....If it wasent for me these forums would smell!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:49

Suicide is mans way of saying "God I Quit!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:48

@ Gen Kirkov:

No. I am not saying suicide is either painless or not. I am saying that the pain residing oneself will eat him up and cause him to commit suicide.

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 24 Jul 2008, 5:17, said:

Suicide has pros AND cons.

PROS
*If your life suxx ass, you can always consider that option!
*There are pain-free methods like a lethan injection or an overdose.
*It's not illegal! (From Judge Dredd)

How 'bout a shot to the head? Quick and easy.

CONS
*If you end your life, it is OVER! You can NEVER go back, EVER!
*If you kill yourself because your life sucks, you are a dumb-ass because you could never have thought that your life could get better, which it will!

That's the main problem. Many attempters fail to see this.

*If you even let a single WORD slip out to your therapist about it, he's gonna put you in a mental hospital, whether you like it or NOT!

With matching straight jacket, indeed.

*If you want to commit suicide, you, mai friend, are an EMO!!!!! Just like Peter Wentz from the whiney, sucky Chicago boy band Fall Out Boy.

EMO is just a fad. It will pass away.

If sad bastard music is what you're after, may I suggest music from Keane, A Perfect Circle, Trashcan Sinatras? It will perfectly be nice to play while drinking a drumful of industrial-strength cleansing liquid. lol :chillpill1:

Edited by The Wandering Jew, 28 July 2008 - 01:56.

Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

#25 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:43

In England attempted suicide was a capital offence for some time (I enjoyed first hearing that fact).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users