43 replies to this topic

#1 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 14:14

Like topic says, post if you've received the email saying You're in

email from ea said:

July 26, 2008 – Beta Release 2

It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the first wide release of the Red Alert 3 public beta test. We will continue to grow the pool of beta participants over the course of the beta, but for now you will be one of the first people outside of the development team to have the opportunity to play Red Alert 3.

This beta program is intended to provide the Command & Conquer community with an early look at the game and give you an opportunity to submit feedback directly to the development team. We will use this feedback to help improve overall game balance, identify bugs, and ensure a smooth and stable online experience for the game's launch. This beta revision of Red Alert 3 includes online multiplayer play with full access to our three factions; the Soviets, Allies, and The Empire of the Rising Sun. You may play on two of our new maps, "Cabana Republic" and "Roundhouse Redux," in two or four player games (although note that AI opponents are disabled). Some parts of the current beta user interface may reference “ranked” and “unranked” games, but all of the beta multiplayer games are unranked.

While we are extremely excited to finally allow our fans to play Red Alert 3, the game is obviously still in development. You can expect to see bugs and balance issues, and even the occasional crash or multiplayer desync. We are counting on your feedback to help us continually improve the code over the course of the beta and for the final game. This email will provide the crucial information that you need to download and install the game, in addition to important hints about how to get the most out of your beta testing experience.

If you encounter problems, please let us know about your experience by posting your feedback to the official Red Alert 3 beta forum. We can't promise an individualized response, but our staff of community managers will be monitoring your feedback on a regular basis. You can expect that most of these issues will be corrected over the course of the beta and we will strive to update you on our progress through the beta forum.

Red Alert 3 Beta Forum
http://www.redalert3.com/betafeedback

In addition, we encourage you to use FilePlanet’s bug reporting tool to submit bug reports.

Bug Submission Tool
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/redal.../bugsubmit.aspx

Ok, let’s get started! Your personalized beta key is:

(insert beta key here)

Do not share this key with anyone. This is your personal key and can only be bound to a single online account. Put this email in a safe place; it’s possible that you will need to refer to this key multiple times over the course of the beta.

To access the beta, navigate to:

http://www.fileplane...3_key_auth.aspx

Login to FilePlanet

If you have an existing FilePlanet account, you can use it. Otherwise, you will need to create a free FilePlanet account. Note that after creating a new FilePlanet account, you may be taken to the FilePlanet home page – simply navigate to the link above, login using your new account name and password, and proceed to the next screen.

Enter your beta key

After logging in, enter the beta access code provided in the previous section of this email.

Download the beta

After entering a valid key, you will be able to download the beta. Click the Download button…

… and select a mirror location near you. Click the appropriate “Download Now!” button. You can use either the FilePlanet Download Manager or click on the “Click here to begin your download!” link to obtain the beta.

OR

Save the file RedAlert3Beta2.exe file to a convenient location. Once the download is complete, run the file to install the game. When the installer prompts for the “CD key,” enter your beta key.

After you launch the game, you will be presented with the main menu. The first step is to log into the Red Alert 3 online service. From the main menu, click on “Versus”, then “Online”, to proceed to the login screen.

To play online, you need to have an EA Account. If you already have an EA Account you can go online immediately. At the online login screen enter your account name, password, and your desired Red Alert 3 beta online alias and click login. If you do not already have an EA Account, click the “Register” button.

Begin the account creation process

Clicking “Register” will bring up your default web browser and take you to the EA Account login page. You can also access this page using the following link:

https://profile.ea.com/login.do

Click on the “Create a new account” button to begin creating a new EA Account.

“Help! This link just takes me to EA.com.”
If clicking on the game’s “Register” button simply takes you to EA.com and not the EA Account login screen, this means that you already have an EA Account and your browser has cached your login credentials in a cookie. If you know your EA Account name and password, you can simply use these to login to the Red Alert 3 online service. If you cannot remember your account name or password, navigate to https://profile.ea.com/myinfo.do. This should bring up your profile page, where you can learn your account name and/or change your password.

Create your EA Account

To create an EA Account, fill out the information in the form. The email address you enter will serve as your account name.

After you click continue, you will have a chance to review what you entered and go back and make corrections if necessary.

If the information is correct, click finish. You will be taken to a confirmation web page and receive a confirmation email.

You can now use your EA account to login to play Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 online! Enter the email address and password you used to create your EA account, choose your desired Red Alert 3 beta online alias, and click the “Login” button.

Terms of Service

The first time you login you will need to accept the beta’s Terms of Service before you can play online. Please read the TOS text carefully before accepting.

After logging in to the Red Alert 3 online service, the first thing you will see is the Community Lobby Screen.

Here you can move between lobbies and chat with other players.

Click on the “Custom Match” tab to see games that other players have created and that you may want to consider joining:

Select a game from the list that has openings for more players and click “Join Game” to join. You can also click on the “Create Game” tab to host your own game.

Initial game setup

The beta doesn’t support ranked games, so leave the game mode as unranked; choose a game name; and if desired choose a password if you want a private game. Click “Accept” to proceed to the game setup screen.

Game setup

From here you can choose a map, open or close player slots, and select your faction, team and color. All players must check their “Ready” box before the match host can click “Begin” and start the game.

If you want to be quickly matched with other players who are also looking for an opponent, choose the Auto Match tab:

Again, note that the beta doesn’t support “ranked” games; but you can choose either a “1 vs 1” or “2 vs 2” game. You can also enter the faction you’d like to play and your preferred color. Click “Begin” and the servers will match you to another auto-match player.

The star icon at the top right of the online screens brings up the CommLink.

The CommLink allows you to continue chat from any multiplayer screen. In addition, right clicking on a player in the CommLink’s Lobbies tab allows you to add friends, invite players to game, chat privately, whisper to players, and ignore players.

Now you’re ready to play! With three full factions, there’s a tremendous amount to explore. Or maybe you’ll choose to specialize in just one of the factions. In any case we recommend that you start out slow, taking care to read all of the tooltips presented to you in the user interface.

Please enjoy the Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 beta – we look forward to seeing you online and in the forums!

R.I.P. Luyo, I will never forget you.

#2 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 27 July 2008 - 14:27

Another E-Mail?Meh not got..Only got the E-Mail saying I'm in and in the queue. (Unless that's the one?)
Posted Image

#3 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 14:28

Ditto ^

you must have posted really early to get it now :/

Edit: don't you have to pay to get a fileplanet account?

Edited by Tactical_person, 27 July 2008 - 14:59.

You almost did, didn't you?

#4 Kamikazi

Your worst nightmare

• Project Team
  • 1252 posts
  • Projects: EC Co-Leader and NLS Beta Tester

Posted 27 July 2008 - 16:40

Damn it, really need to buy Kane's Fart fast =o
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 16:42

you don't have to pay for a fileplanet account, (the base one is free, which is what i use)

and i did put my code into the que the first day i could. (when the site actually worked)

#6 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 27 July 2008 - 17:41

View PostKamikazi, on 27 Jul 2008, 17:40, said:

Or you could buy a Fileplanet account and buy the Beta key.

I just hope EA E-Mails me :/.
Posted Image

#7 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 17:53

View PostKamikazi, on 27 Jul 2008, 18:40, said:

Hahaha! :/

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#8 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 18:23

Downloading right now.

Also; I'm back from Italy
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#9 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 27 July 2008 - 19:04

View PostKamikazi, on 27 Jul 2008, 19:40, said:

Same :/

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 19:49

View PostZhen Ji, on 27 Jul 2008, 19:41, said:

I just hope EA E-Mails me :/.

i dont, my pc blow up i will fell bad if i cant play it till i get my pc D:
Posted Image

#11 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 23:34

lol, well i sucked against the three ppl i played against today, went 0-3, the navy aspect is new to me...

#12 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 27 July 2008 - 23:37

Are you allowed to post screenies?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#13 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 23:38

I don't have any :( but if i did i would, in short, yes you are allowed.

Edited by ultra1437, 27 July 2008 - 23:38.

#14 Brad

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 23:39

dont you mean....yestersay?

Anyway, as i stated before, i am currently waiting for my beta key as i got my confirmation e-mail two days ago :P, so if im lucky ill get it in the next launch :P

#15 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 23:41

i got another email today about it, and apparently i am/was in the 2nd batch, so some people got theirs with the confirmation ones.

#16 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 00:42

Damn, another example of EA being greedy (you only get a beta key if you buy our 30 dollar expansion. Well, i guess you gotta make profit in anyway you can to become successful. I wonder if you can get into the beta in other ways, I mean, I abused that for supreme commander (and forged alliance) because some generous individuals posted their beta key online. However, I have a feeling that EA will track the beta keys, so to make sure that two people arn't using it at once.

Anyhow, please, do post impressions and pics when you ahve the chance.
Posted Image

#17 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:06

yeah, if you read the huge first post there, it says something about it.

#18 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:40

Yep, looks like i'll be going searching the internet for generous individuals who will give their beta key to the public.

EDIT:
After a 2 min quick search: http://palgn.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=27925&...a0b2dc0daa0eca4

I hope EA doesn't realize that probably at least 5 others are using the same key lol.

Edited by Eddy01741, 28 July 2008 - 01:49.

Posted Image

#19 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 21:55

I just got RA3 beta key today from my e-mail. Now, it's downloading now. :/

#20 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 22:22

View PostGeneral K, on 2 Aug 2008, 23:55, said:

I just got RA3 beta key today from my e-mail.

this, but i still dont have my pc D:
Posted Image

#21 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 22:29

Posted Image

One of the first things i did was build a Tesla coil.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#22 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 02 August 2008 - 22:42

Why didn't you buy any abilities yet? :/

#23 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 22:51

I didn't realize until halfway though the game :/

I still won tho.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#24 Brad

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 19:13

View PostThe Dr, on 2 Aug 2008, 23:51, said:

I didn't realize until halfway though the game :/

I still won tho.

winning dosnt matter :read:

Anyway ive just got my beta key and im downloading it.

My alias is Tactical_killer, and im certanly up for a game if you ever see me on it :D

#25 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:42

OK, I got install Hamachi and update RA3 patch. But, it seems nobody in RA3 Lobby hamachi network now...

I'm looking for fun match if someone contact me. :/

Edited by General K, 04 August 2008 - 06:43.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users