Contra 006 finally released

61 replies to this topic

#51 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:54

I thought no enemy units could fire when in the magnetic bomb.
I always get blue screened when i close it down
Anyone else get this problem???

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:59

Magnetic bomb powers down tanks (i believe planes get pulled to the ground too and they die), but does no real damage to the units, just powers them down if hit by EMP, but lasts for what seems forever.

Edit- at least that's what it did in 005

Edited by ultra1437, 04 August 2008 - 12:59.

R.I.P. Luyo, I will never forget you.

#53 WARthog

Hog of War

• 992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave

Posted 04 August 2008 - 22:31

I fully tried it now and i have to say...i am really impressed. Mainly about all the beatuiful models (B1 for example) he included in a very cool way. Also he is very good at creating new superweapons and generalpowers with working cursors and everything. The atmospheric Lense really stunned me. Also he pimped up all particle effects to über-awesomeness.

The only con is that teching up takes a while and some of the older units dont really match with the quality of the new stuff.

But really....hats off to creator: This is one piece of eyecandy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Glory to the HYPNO TOAD

Hedonismbot: I apologize for nothing!

#54 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 04 August 2008 - 22:47

Hm only thing I have a problem with Contra that is that Kwai get's Hacker School and his RG's come with Automatic rifles.. :S Other than that it's a nifty mod which could amuse you for hours.

Also don't know if anyone noticed but teching up is much faster than it was in 005
Posted Image

#55 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 23:51

Yeah E.V.E., it is an EMP bomb with ECM abilities (missiles off target).

Anyways, creator definitely gave more love to some factions over others. Toxin and Nuke general got the best stuff. It's undisputable. I mean, toxin general gets basiclaly anthrax for air units (and it RAPES, one sam missile took out my horde of 20 king manches), they also get clouds of acid and toxin. Acid is basically anti-vehicle toxin as well. Also, their super tank is insane too, i took on 3 cruiser tanks with it (the assault gen super tank), it rapes, the acid sprayer rapes, it even has a dust sprayer for Anti-air. Nuke gen gets a mirved nuclear missile (basically 5 warheads in one), and the nuclear storm (12 missiles at once). Did I mention that he has nucllear artillery that goes across the map (albeit the cooldown, it is still powerful), also has bertha, which is an overlord with dual nuke cannons on it that can even deploy neutron mines.

Some other factions got almost nothing, like demo general, everthing is very similar, their super unit is a nuclear bomb truck (but at least it really is nuclear, unlike the SHW nuclear bomb truck, it does as much damage as a nuclear missile). Also, the GLA assault general is very similar to vanila GLA (except they didn't include vanilla).

Oh yeah, and ALEXIS ALEXANDER (lol, such a wierd name.... pr0nstar FTW!!!!) is lame. 4 infantry units, 2 air units, and like 5 ground units, nuff said. THe only good thing is that tomahawk storm is cheap, as powerful as the demo general scud storm, and only requires 1 power. The other superweapons suck, they took out the hydrogen bomb upgrade on the ICBM, so it's a smaller radius nuclear missile with no rad (in short, it sucks).

I think I'm gonna like Pend's rendition better. From playing remix 3 alpha 2.20 and 2.29, it's a lot more unique, tank and laser generals have a unique tree in which you can't access all the units in one go.

Well, at least it was fun sampling out the GLA factions since remix alpha doesn't have them yet. However, I was disappointed with every one except toxin general.
Posted Image

#56 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:21

View PostZhen Ji, on 5 Aug 2008, 6:47, said:

Other than that it's a nifty mod which could amuse you for hours.

O rlly? I played for like 15 minutes, then I decided that I hate it. :/

#57 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:33

anyone played generals challenge as thrax against kwai? kwai paradropped tanks 3 seconds into the game. barracks not even made yet
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#58 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:35

^Sadly I can't as it keeps throwing a serious error everytime I choose a general...

@JJ: Meh :/
Posted Image

#59 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:59

god that AI is horrific. first they let you settle/rush/prepare and then it makes some kind of WTF monster rush and rapes your base 0___0

aside from that there are quite some interesting units and powers and the particle effects are really really good. some generals lack creativity however. (laser, demo, superweapon for example)

i give it 7/10. very nice and loads of fun for a while but gets boring pretty quickly.
it's time to wake up

#60 Eddy01741

• 2223 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 16:38

Yeah, i agree with above, they go easy on you at first, assault gen has a demolisher rush lol (those anti-dozer things, they rape buildings). I have never seen any AI ever do something like that. Anyways, late game they are monsters, they roll out the super tanks and make super weapons and all. FIghting toxin gneeral after he reaches rank 3 is futile if you are granger. His sam sites one shot basically any aircraft when upgraded with "dust", and it rapes choppers.

I was hoping for more unique factions, since some are obviously underpowered (like SW general, she has NO attack units, and her defenses arn't even that amazing). Looks like I'll be waiting for remix 3.
Posted Image

#61 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 17:16

View PostEddy01741, on 5 Aug 2008, 17:38, said:

I was hoping for more unique factions, since some are obviously underpowered (like SW general, she has NO attack units, and her defenses arn't even that amazing). Looks like I'll be waiting for remix 3.

You win very early with her though, LOLLDOZERRUSH WITHCAPTUREUPGRADE.

But Creator did say something 3 new factions in future versions.
Posted Image

#62 Eddy01741

• 2223 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:26

Yeah, covert ops USA general (i'm really looking forward to that one), electronic warfare china general (eh... more ECM... kinda boring, but at least not too overused), and some GLA gen that I don't remember. Pend said that he was in Iraq, so not many media updates.

EDIT: and about the SW gen comment, yeah, she can win early with her pre-tech superweapon (which is actually plenty powerful) and stuff liek that, but she's supposed to be the turtle gen with uber superweapons. I mean, nuke gen just kills her in that category, a single nuclear missile beats out the ICBM (since htey took out the hydyrogen bomb upgrade), and then when the nuclear missile is mirved... don't even get me started, and teh nuclear storm... rape.

Edited by Eddy01741, 06 August 2008 - 01:30.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users