Regret

9 replies to this topic

#1 shady45

• 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 13:28

I have loved a girl for 4 years now, I never said "I love you" to her, and never asked her out.
i haven't seen her for 2 and 1/2 years, recently i just contacted her and found that she moved to Hong Kong, now we are miles apart and i regret the fact that i never asked her out, arrrgh... the problem is that i still love her, but i am helpless. I wish no one else ends like me. I heard she would be able to return back next year. If she does return i would not let that chance go away again.

(any good tips of asking a girl out?)

what are your regrets?

#2 Zero

Commander&Chief of the Order of the Black Knights

• 581 posts
  • Projects: None, unfortunately

Posted 10 August 2008 - 15:43

A lot actually, but about 78% of them are the same as yours. I'm a really talkative and proactive guy, but at heart I'm a nerd and geek (a neek) and I get shy around girls I like. My other ones...... well, I talk too much and can't get myself to change and also, I wish I wouldn't have snapped at certain people.
Posted Image
Posted Image
[indent]Garrod "Newtype Killer" Ran[/indent]

#3 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 15:55

I regret that I chose computer science when I entered the 9th class. It brought me two years of pain which could have easily been prevented by choosing politics.

#4 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 15:56

I regret that I trusted some People.
You can't be always nice and kind because they are just abusing your Trust then.
It took me very long time to realize that, and it still (but rarerly) happens today with me that some Dude tells me he is such an Individual and then just falls into my back.

That crap changed me, some People describe me just as too harsh now, but I think it's balanced now. I take my time when I meet someone new and I usually feel if he / she is right or " false " for me.

About regretting something in terms of a Love Relationship, yeah I had tons of those.
Fact is, because of that I'm single now since 2 Years because I basically got sick of False Relationship's.

And that changed me aswell. :)

- E.V.E.

EDIT: About regretting, 99% of People who did some bad stuff with me regretted it, because later they all came back and whined about how sorry they were.
Posted Image

#5 Reaper94

rawr!!

• 1178 posts
  • Projects: Being more loved and less loathed by community

Posted 10 August 2008 - 16:12

View PostRayburn, on 10 Aug 2008, 16:55, said:

I regret that I chose computer science when I entered the 9th class. It brought me two years of pain which could have easily been prevented by choosing politics.

QFT

i regret snapping at nearly everyone (lets just say ive got a volcanic temper), and also regret not asking someone out as she's now going out with my best mate.

I might regret snapping but i'll never appologise, because i was sincere when i snapped at them, when in a fit of rage

RaiDK, on 3 Jun 2009, 10:09, said:

MY BEAK IS ONE WHICH WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Posted Image

#6 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 22:44

When I was 12 I did something I regret so much that I don't walk to talk about it. Other than that, I regret very little - regret is IMO one of the most useless emotions. As Shakespeare said, "things without all remedy should be without regard; what's done is done".

Edited by Chyros, 10 August 2008 - 22:45.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 22:50

When I was young I used to regret. Now just look back and think, what could I do better, then I do it next time. If there is no next time then I am happy just to learn something.

#8 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:00

What are my regrets?

1. I was born 60 years after the Russian Bolshevik Revolution.
2. I was born in the 20th century.
3. I was born in an era of politician gangsters, hoodlums in robe, and stuff like that.
4. I was born in an era of both true and false "marketeering".
5. I was born in a country that is under the strings of (name of a country). Yes, it is true. We have this very evil thing called colonial mentality, not to mention crab mentality. But no matter how hard I try to avoid such manner of thinking, I could not deny the fact that we need desperate help.
6. I was born in an era of rising and falling "empires" and "imperialists". Such events can cause global negative effects on economy, which in turn affects us people who wish not to get involved in anything political. See, no matter how simple we live, there are those who will make your life really uncomfortable. We cannot really live in peace.

Why the said regrets?

1. If I were born in the ancient times, let's say, Assyria, then I wouldn't have to worry about anything else. Just food.
2. If I were born in the time before Columbus "discovered" America, I would not have to worry about "Hmm, which condom will I have to choose?". Such is just a contrivance in life.
3. If I were to be born in the future similar to Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers, that would be a kick. No World Wars 1, 2, 3, 3.4, 3.5, 4, 4.1, etc. No Russia-Georgia conflict. No American hegemony. No European blackballing. No propaganda of any sort that defames a fellow human being. Because the human race is united against a common enemy, the "Alien Invaders" (WTH?? KW's Scrin, anyone?)
4. And I have to live in such a crazy, crazy, crazy world. Don't you agree?

P.S. I just want to live in a relatively simple life, but no, I cannot. I have to deal with such contrivances.
P.P.S. If you think that I wish to live in a Utopian world, well, guess what, I don't. There is no such thing as Utopia. But I do not want to live in a Dante-like Inferno, mind you.

Edited by The Wandering Jew, 12 August 2008 - 05:06.

Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

#9 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:56

View Postshady45, on 10 Aug 2008, 14:28, said:

what are your regrets?

Nothing! There are reasons for you doing or not doing something in your past. As you can't change them why regret it?? Learning from it should be the key. I have done stupid things, some really stupid things and then a lot things that were just plain dangerous. I don't regret one second of any of them. If I hadn't done them I wouldn't be who I am right now! So there shouldn't be things you regret. You can apologise for them if you need to, but don't think you shouldn't have done them.

@ TPAM - I don't want to keep reminding people about our no politics rule, but things like your above are the reason we have to. Keep it off our forum!!!

Edited by Wizard, 14 August 2008 - 08:58.

#10 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:44

@^:

I am simply stating my regrets that I have to live in this crazy heavily-politicized era, not to start a flame war. Anywhoo, I'll just have to stop here.

Edited by The Wandering Jew, 14 August 2008 - 09:45.

Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users