The Future of Moderm Warfare

41 replies to this topic

#26 partyzanpaulzy

Professional

• 316 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 17:38

Well some indian texts (Mayan or Hopi) says there will be (cataclyzmatical) end of cyclus in 23rd December 2012, some ppl say Nostradamus said something like this too and some text of one Middle Age monk shows popes and 2 last are Benedict XVI and Peter II Roman and mention that Rome will be destroyed during his function in 2012.

I think it's possible Al Qaida will nuke Vatican. :chillpill1:
Posted Image
(I'm making RA2YR mod, check Revora Forums for more info)
Posted Image
Posted Image
+ equivalents :p

#27 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:08

View PostSharpnessism, on 18 Aug 2008, 11:50, said:

People watch too much movies when they think that the pesky Russian/Chinese/Euros will be able to hax all teh nukes in America and blackmail the world.

The problem with Hollywood fanfare... :wahhhhhaa:
Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

#28 TWPC920

Semi-Pro

• 220 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 23:28

just out of curiosity... could taiwan be wiped out by a single nuke??
"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker... and a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself; he doesn't like that. Not... one... bit. So, me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me, and says, "Why so SERIOUS?" So, he comes at me with the knife, "Why so SERIOUS?!" He sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face! And... why so serious? -The Joker (The Dark Knight)

#29 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 27 August 2008 - 23:55

If the nuke was big enough, sure, though most of the largest weapons (>1MT) are scrapped or in storage these days. Even a small tactical device probably wouldn't remove the whole island but would certainly stop it from operating.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 partyzanpaulzy

Professional

• 316 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 13:39

If you use Tzar H-bomb with original construction (third inner shield had to be from Plutonium, but was from the Lead), you could destroy whole England (100 MT TNT eq.) and whole Britain would be devastated badly.
Who knows why Soviets haven't used original construction, maybe they were afraid of such power (or chain reaction in atmosphere).
Posted Image
(I'm making RA2YR mod, check Revora Forums for more info)
Posted Image
Posted Image
+ equivalents :p

#31 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 28 August 2008 - 13:54

During the test run the Tzar Bomba had been nerfed in order to avoid excessive radioactive fallout IIRC.

#32 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 13:57

View PostWaris, on 28 Aug 2008, 14:54, said:

During the test run the Tzar Bomba had been nerfed in order to avoid excessive radioactive fallout IIRC.

And knocking the plane out of the sky.

#33 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 28 August 2008 - 14:38

View Postpartyzanpaulzy, on 18 Aug 2008, 19:38, said:

I think it's possible Al Qaida will nuke Vatican. :chillpill1:

I think it's possible that I could start a nuclear reaction by banging two pieces of pitchblende together really hard, doesn't make it any more likely. Why the hell would they nuke the Vatican, of all places?

#34 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 28 August 2008 - 14:59

Pope maybe?
Disorganising the whole Christian world? |8
Posted Image

#35 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 28 August 2008 - 15:33

Which would accomplish..... what, exactly?

#36 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 18:09

Yea, I can see the destroying the Pope will really bring the Protestant West to it's knees. They could make a dirty bomb but they couldn't make a full blown nuke.

#37 TWPC920

Semi-Pro

• 220 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 21:22

"we shall now crush the symbol of the catholic west wit this nuclear device!!!"
"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker... and a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself; he doesn't like that. Not... one... bit. So, me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me, and says, "Why so SERIOUS?" So, he comes at me with the knife, "Why so SERIOUS?!" He sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face! And... why so serious? -The Joker (The Dark Knight)

#38 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 22:05

View PostDauth, on 28 Aug 2008, 14:09, said:

Yea, I can see the destroying the Pope will really bring the Protestant West to it's knees. They could make a dirty bomb but they couldn't make a full blown nuke.

I thought that the protestants were the ones that did not follow the pope (hence America was afraid that JFK would be a puppet of the pope when he was elected (only catholic US President ever)).
Posted Image

#39 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 23:00

Sorry I should have emphasised the sarcasm a bit more there, your appraisal of religious leaders is correct.

#40 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 28 August 2008 - 23:24

so theyre going to troll each other into a cease-fire?

Mikh3il wrote: GTFO my country
Putin1 wrote: N0 U GEORGIA!!!111

that pic of the comparison to hitler was hilarious

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 28 August 2008 - 23:31

Hmm... getting a bit risky there, I think; I know you didn't mean anything by it, but it's probably best not to bring that up. I mean, look what happened last time.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 02 September 2008 - 00:15

The future of war shall be dirtier than ever. Hey, at least we'll fight World War 4 with sticks and stones. :P
Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users