←  News and Announcements

Fallout Studios Forums

»

ZHU is leaving

Dauth's Photo Dauth 31 Aug 2008

Shame to see a mod go, I enjoyed following you here, can't help but think I won't watch as closely now you've left.

IPS's Photo IPS 01 Sep 2008

yea that forum here was a lot of fun IMO... a shame that we've left...
Edited by IPS, 01 September 2008 - 16:27.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 01 Sep 2008

Stategia, I am sorry to see the mod go. I was deeply glad to have this mod on ES and it says a lot about the state of the forum that you felt this is your answer. What has happened here in the recent present is a travesty, look a Staff member saying it, but I do hope that you might reconsider. We all go through tough times, ES can't be an exception to that rule. Sure members aren't perfect and hell it's obvious the moderating team aren't, but there is, whether you want to admit it or not, a genuine atmosphere here that can't be replicated elsewhere. Turbulent shit aside ES is ZHU's home. Perhaps you will realise that in due course or maybe you are right. I hope for everyone's sake that you aren't. :(
Edited by Wizard, 01 September 2008 - 17:48.

Ellipsis's Photo Ellipsis 01 Sep 2008

Wizard, on 1 Sep 2008, 12:48, said:

Stategia, I am sorry to see the mod go. I was deeply glad to have this mod on ES and it says a lot about the state of the forum that you felt this is your answer. What has happened here in the recent present is a travesty, look a Staff member saying it, but I do hope that you might reconsider. We all go through tough times, ES can't be an exception to that rule. Sure members aren't perfect and hell it's obvious the moderating team aren't, but there is, whether you want to admit it or not, a genuine atmosphere here that can't be replicated elsewhere. Turbulent shit aside ES is ZHU's home. Perhaps you will realise that in due course or maybe you are right. I hope for everyone's sake that you aren't. :(

Fine words. :wink: Only time will tell what it has in store for us...

Wizard's Photo Wizard 01 Sep 2008

Well you guys know what the score is. I am not presuming to tell you that. At the end of the day you know us and know we do want this community to thrive, despite perhaps others thinking otherwise. I do hope that maybe you can reconsider. It would be a shame to loose this mod and the input of the peeps that work on it.

Shirou's Photo Shirou 01 Sep 2008

Yesterday I understood strats post.

Today I find it an impulsive decision which it is really, if ZHU's own team members are mourning for the departure.

Lord Atlantis's Photo Lord Atlantis 01 Sep 2008

I think that the least that they can do, if not more, is have update threads here with the same content and have a thread or two talking about the mod here. It will keep with the same atmosphere that Wizard has described also with their desires of moving to another forum. Kind of like having an outpost here.

Strategia's Photo Strategia 01 Sep 2008

I would like to have the (public) forums brought back tbh, though I'm still through with ES personally and internal development will occur at MGS, it'd indeed be beneficial to be able to post media updates and hold discussions here.

IPS's Photo IPS 01 Sep 2008

yea that would be realy nice IMO, hope we can do so

Chyros's Photo Chyros 01 Sep 2008

Never played ZHU, but it'd be a pity to see these good members leave :( .

Well, if you must, then adios amigos.

Z_mann's Photo Z_mann 01 Sep 2008

Oh lawd...

I finally came to myself after a very intensive illness, and immediately - CRAP.

Crobar's Photo Crobar 03 Sep 2008

Always sad to see members leave :( I understand that you have your reasons for leaving though, Strategia, and I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavours.

Zeke's Photo Zeke 03 Sep 2008

Wizard, on 2 Sep 2008, 1:48, said:

do I spot subliminal messaging? o: /conspiracy

Admiral FCS's Photo Admiral FCS 03 Sep 2008

Damn. Now me = BT pf nothing.
Spoiler

But, Strategia will sure post when we have a new version out, and go visit our new home at MGS.

Strategia's Photo Strategia 03 Sep 2008

Well, since our forums aren't coming back, I guess we'll just have to do with updates in Generals Modding.

☆FreedoM_FighteR☆'s Photo ☆FreedoM_FighteR☆ 04 Sep 2008

its bad to see great project's leaving this place =\
hope your new home more fitting to you guys =]

Shirou's Photo Shirou 05 Sep 2008

Strategia Inc., on 1 Sep 2008, 23:53, said:

I would like to have the (public) forums brought back tbh, though I'm still through with ES personally and internal development will occur at MGS, it'd indeed be beneficial to be able to post media updates and hold discussions here.

Reread your own flame. While the posure is courtly here your flame is apparent and I think you know you won't really be allowed to be hosted at two forums at the same time, even if you did not flame it like this.

MGS it is, MGS it will be.

Strategia's Photo Strategia 05 Sep 2008

Eh, I don't want to defend myself. You're right, we're at MGS now, and MGS it will remain.

IPS's Photo IPS 06 Sep 2008

hm that's kinda pitiful from the admins...
why is it impossible to host a mod on two forums?!
Yes maybe strat wasn't that polite but as an admin you should stand a bit above that...
I mean it's your choise and that's ok but it would still be nice to have a public forum back here
Edited by IPS, 06 September 2008 - 12:06.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 06 Sep 2008

I wouldn't call it a pitiful decision from the Moderating team. If the team wants to show their work here we are happy for them. They have the Modding forum to do it and we would be happy for them to. However, they hardly need a specific team forum now they are leaving. If they wish to go and we can't stop them, so be it. But I have never heard of double hosting, why would they need two areas to have development discussions? Their forum is there if they wanted to stay full time. But they have made their decision to leave, if that is the case then their forum is no longer required.

Edit: From my POV Strats tone in his post didn't have any bearing on the decision. Would be the same for everyone.
Edited by Wizard, 06 September 2008 - 12:10.

IPS's Photo IPS 06 Sep 2008

yea I can see your point
but imo it's very usefull for a mod (especially a quiet young mod) to have a public forum on a big side like that one to get great ideas
Edited by IPS, 06 September 2008 - 12:32.

Stinger's Photo Stinger 06 Sep 2008

Good luck in your future endeavours, ZHU.

Shirou's Photo Shirou 06 Sep 2008

Strats tone in his posts neither should be influental to the staff. However it does indicate the impulsive nature of the decision to leave here.

IPS's pleads to keep a forum here are also indicative of that. Strat, I would advise you to be a little bit more contemplative on things like this...

That's all I give you. Good luck on MGS. I hope you can help making that forum big.