37 replies to this topic

#26 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:22

:fear us, my country maybe small, and u 230 times larger, we will win!:

@waris, which army obtains weapons from black markets?
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#27 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:36

To answer Rai: if 'they' means the MILF then yeah, they probably get their RPGs from black market arms dealers since no honest arms dealers want to be caught dead supplying arms to a terrorist group.

#28 chmsc girl komunista

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:38

bazalt, is the one who manufactures the rpg. that's where you can get them, I hope the Philippine Armed forces know where to shop! :stickattack2:
Posted Image
Posted Image
aray! sakit nun ah!!

#29 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 20:45

View PostAZZKIKR, on 6 Sep 2008, 12:22, said:

@waris, which army obtains weapons from black markets?

Georgia does (if you well informed you prolly know they bought a bunch of old serb weapons from the black market)

also the HV ( Cro Army) used to buy weapons from the black market in the past but now we are making our own arnaments

@rpg discussion: RPG's arent that all effective (unless your fighting against technicals and WW2/CW era armor)... Today's MBT's are quite durable (e.g. look at Chalenger 2 which managed to endure outstanding 90+ RPG hits and was still operable). Altough yes its quite effective against infantry (there is a bloody reason why Afghan forces use RPG's against the Taliban)

Edited by TehKiller, 07 September 2008 - 20:49.

Posted Image

#30 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:23

View PostTehKiller, on 8 Sep 2008, 4:45, said:

@rpg discussion: RPG's arent that all effective (unless your fighting against technicals and WW2/CW era armor)... Today's MBT's are quite durable (e.g. look at Chalenger 2 which managed to endure outstanding 90+ RPG hits and was still operable). Altough yes its quite effective against infantry (there is a bloody reason why Afghan forces use RPG's against the Taliban)

With the exception of the RPG-29.

As with human evolution, military technology has its own Darwinian principle.

For the military situation in the Philippines? I doubt it.

P.S. I do not want to sound politicking, but that's the main reason why my country and the US have close relations with each other. We do not have any capability to defend ourselves from a major conflict.

P.P.S. But if Uncle Sam refuses to aid us, hell, we shall use boulders to hurl at them invaders! :P
Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

#31 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:58

As for the RPG-29....thats quite new tech and yea it can pierce the armor of a Abrams in like 5 hits (frontal armor that is) which is quite effective for a LATW but on the RPG i mean up there was the RPG-7 (yup the best zook poor people can buy). Altough RPG-7 still shouldnt be undermestiated if we count in the double warhead nade that can pierce thro alot of armor (but hey that ammo aint cheap you kno)
Posted Image

#32 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 09 September 2008 - 14:15

The RPG-29 is one of the biggest threats facing tanks today according to armour trials; it's lightweight, fast-reloading, requires no set-up time, and can currently pierce more armour than just about any other anti-tank weapon out there, even modern ATGMs such as the Kornet and theoretically the TOW-2, Hellfire etc., though obviously it's never been directly tested against Western weapons. The RPG-7 on the other hand is all but useless against a modern MBT (though it is still very effective against lighter vehicles such as APCs, reconnaissance vehicles and armoured cars), though much easier to acquire. I mean, it's not like you can just walk down to your local supermarket and get one off the shelves, but any self-respecting weapons dealer is bound to have connections where you can pick up dozens plus ammo, which is still a heck of a lot less expensive than any other method of taking out a tank. They're simply the most prolific anti-tank weapon ever made.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 10 September 2008 - 00:00

View PostCommanderJB, on 9 Sep 2008, 22:15, said:

.... They're simply the most prolific anti-tank weapon ever made.

Just like the AK-47s. Almost anyone can build one.
Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

#34 chmsc girl maldita

Visitor

• 26 posts
  • Projects: Teaching, shooting pebbles into milk cans...

Posted 18 September 2008 - 23:20

PhilippineArmed forces experimental armored vehicles

since this week iv'e been wandering around looking for war-damaged philippine APC's

iv'e been looking around and found this....

Posted Image
the MX-1 kalakian, a modified V-150 commando, i forgot the company who created these...

and its smaller realtives;

Posted Image
MX-7 "Gagamba" Scout car or maybe not more like a ifv.. |8

Posted Image
MX-8 "barako" seems to be a modified simba... it has parts from discarded japanese trucks! :P

seems just filipino inginuety really goes far as expected...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:20

It looks like a humvee to me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 19 September 2008 - 13:13

Erm no.

#37 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 18:55

If that looks like a Humvee then in that case im Jesus :P
Posted Image

#38 chmsc girl maldita

Visitor

• 26 posts
  • Projects: Teaching, shooting pebbles into milk cans...

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:20

oh yeah, the barako looks like a humvee but according to the site where I found the pics, the barako has more armor compared to the humvee. according to the site its as tough as the GKN simba :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users