The Russians are so smart

29 replies to this topic

#26 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:35

Things like these have been done before Jesus was born. In World War II the British and the Americans have used dummy tanks that were a mockup of canvas covered wood. There was a dummy army encampment set up in a corner of England and put under command of General Patton during World War II so as to deceive the Germans about the location of D-Day. It included unfilled tents, dummy tanks, and bugle calls every morning at 6 am.

Deception and subterfuge are essential components of warfare and anyone who neglects them does so at their peril.

Edited by AllStarZ, 16 October 2008 - 05:36.

#27 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts
  • Projects: shockwave,rise of the reds

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:02

nice any one from far away or not with keen eyesight and perception could easily mistake those for the real thing miss-intelligence can win and loose wars

sets up base sir some of the men decided to bring some of there own inflatables with them unfortunately they won't help the decoy mission but they sure do help morale

#28 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 22:24

Lurker49a, on 15 Oct 2008, 23:18, said:

Inflate-a-base? *shrugs* There might be a crazy mod suggestion in here somewhere. Maybe.

Still, it's definitely a fast and easy way of "doubling" one's forces.

Yeah, it's already in the first Red Alert, and in Zero Hour, remember? the fake buildings?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#29 Zaho

Visitor

• 44 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:51

Phantom forces were used too often in the history of warfare. Any single nation that ever fought a war has officers trained in the art of making decoys. Even modern surveillance technologies are having hard time to say which is true and which is false. I bet that this tactic will be used in the times to come as well (hopefully wars will gradually decrease)

#30 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:05

lol^^ that's soo smart XD... are they expensive? I want one^^

Mr. Mylo

Edited by Mr. Mylo, 17 October 2008 - 11:06.

Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users