Community leader voting

40 replies to this topic

#1 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:34

None of the staff/admins should vote in this poll, we will be conducting a private poll in the staff area. Global mods please vote here.

If the nominees would like to say a couple of sentences about what they would do if chosen, that would be good, since we are working with you I know the staff would like to hear some ideas.

Original thread here http://forum.cncrene...showtopic=27713

Edited by Dauth, 06 October 2008 - 10:44.

#2 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:14

My vote goes to Alias.
Posted Image

#3 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:16

View PostCrazykenny, on 29 Sep 2008, 20:44, said:

My vote goes to Alias.

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:20

Good evening my fellow forum members. What would I do if I get this position?

For the moderating team I will:
  • Promote and encourage extra activity in areas that they may not normally visit.
  • Notify of events as soon as they come to my ears, whether by MSN or PM.
  • Provide feedback from both myself and the public on whatever issue is in discussion.
  • Notify of potential and current errors.
  • Maintain the relationship between the member base and the staff, doing my best to calm tension and to come to a good conclusion.
  • Not disclose classified information.

For the member base I will:
  • Provide an appropriate link between the newer membership and the older members/staff.
  • Help on any question that I can answer within my knowledge.
  • Allow them to bypass me if they wish, as was mentioned before.
  • Be active in as many areas as I can, creating a larger web of communication leading to the best possible unity between all members of this forum.

Edited by Alias, 29 September 2008 - 11:21.

Posted Image

#5 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:24

View PostAlias, on 29 Sep 2008, 12:20, said:

Good evening my fellow forum members. What would I do if I get this position?

For the moderating team I will:
  • Promote and encourage extra activity in areas that they may not normally visit.
  • Notify of events as soon as they come to my ears, whether by MSN or PM.
  • Provide feedback from both myself and the public on whatever issue is in discussion.
  • Notify of potential and current errors.
  • Maintain the relationship between the member base and the staff, doing my best to calm tension and to come to a good conclusion.
  • Not disclose classified information.

For the member base I will:
  • Provide an appropriate link between the newer membership and the older members/staff.
  • Help on any question that I can answer within my knowledge.
  • Allow them to bypass me if they wish, as was mentioned before.
  • Be active in as many areas as I can, creating a larger web of communication leading to the best possible unity between all members of this forum.

Those are exactly the things I would like a Community Leader see doing. :D
Posted Image

#6 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:43

*Edit; Oops..

Edited by Insomniac!, 29 September 2008 - 11:45.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:45

My vote goes to Swimmer, he has proven that he can maintain a reasonable and balanced head at all times, as well as an activity in all forums, and with experience of positions of trust before.
No 'offense' meant to anybody else in the poll though, I'm sure that whoever gains this position will do the community proud.
For there can be no death without life.

#8 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:14

Well it seems I have to follow that, not exactly given me an easy act to follow have you?

I have been on both sides of the coin, I know how the forum works from a mod point of view, and I know what its like to be a member on it as well. Over the years I have built up good links with several members of staff and certain members.

I've watched the community change fairly rapidly since the time I have been here, and have often complained a bit about it. Well now I have a chance to do something about it, and I intend to.

First of all, I know I am not currently active in the actual modding community, I plan for this to change with the release of RA3 even if I don't get the CL job.

For the moderating team.
  • I will discuss any issues I myself have, or the membership base has in a relaxed manner. My experience as both a forum mod and my connections with the majority of the most active staff members will help here.
  • I intend to improve the staff to membership relations, there was a time when there wasn't so much animosity between the two, and I find it a shame the current regime seems to clash so much. The moderating team should be the heart and soul of the community, not just the moderators.
  • React swiftly to on-going events, i'm nearly on MSN and ES all the time anyway ;Thanks insomnia, so it will reduce the chance of little events spiralling out of control.

For the membership base.
  • Utilize my staff links and previous mod experience to communicate your views and problems to the moderating team in a constructive way. So as to get a good result for everyone.
  • Answer any questions, either mod or forum related to the best of my ability.
  • Become more active in certain sections of the forum so that I am able to place myself in virtually any members shoes. And in doing so, can understand and sympathise with them.

I feel my previous mod experience and my links with the staff are invaluable. In the past intelligent points have been lost in an angry swarm of moderator bashing. Case in point would be Alias's leadership thread, which turned into what shall forever be known as *Staff Strike* day. I can ensure that intelligent points like this get to the people that need to hear it, so that the action that needs to be taken, is taken.. After all, the staff have to be here too, they just want to make this forum a better place as well.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:17

My vote goes to Alias...
Posted Image

#10 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 14:19

I voted Nem.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#11 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 14:20

Alias. Posted Image

Voted Alias, who I have already established a long rapport with.

In a sense, he has been a shadow community leader as I can put a few check points beside the things he has noted in his manifesto.

Edited by Stinger, 29 September 2008 - 14:21.

#12 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 15:31

Bodiy :D
You almost did, didn't you?

#13 Wi-Ta

Veteran

• 471 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 16:02

I vote for Alias.

#14 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 29 September 2008 - 18:08

As those others running have artfully displayed their positions, I suppose now i shall as well.

To the moderating team:
As you well know, your job is to quell conflicts, and settle disputes before they get to bad. Unfortunately, by being moderators, in many cases you make them worse unintentionally. This is why you chose to create this position. I know that all the other candidates for the job are veteran members here, probably people you know better than you know me... by a lot. I do understand how this is going to affect your decision. However is the old always the right choice? Numerous pysch studies continue to indicate that people are intimidated by those with more experience then them. If one of the members who has been around longer is made community leader, while I don't doubt they will fulfill the job quite faithfully, just their multi-thousand post counts and multiple years of membership will work against them to create a gulf between them and your average new member.

To the members:
Not all of us have post counts in the multi-thousands. Not all of us have been around for two or more years. Does that make us less worthy, not as good members of the community? No, not at all. However, these sorts of differences tend to lead to conflict and tension between the "normal" member and the moderators. So I'm here, one of you, to represent you to the mods, and keep fights even. I don't say provocative things, and I try not to be involved in fights. So do you want me to represent you, or someone "so far above you" that they laugh at you like a newb?
kinda, sorta alive.

#15 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 18:13

Nice speech Swimmer. 8|
Posted Image

#16 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 18:15

And that is why I voted for Swimmer.
For there can be no death without life.

#17 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 29 September 2008 - 18:30

Insomniac is a former staff (or moderator don't quite remember) and knows the way things work on the inside. Therefore I vote for him to be our community leader.
Posted Image

#18 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 20:45

luls at the person who nominated me. (Even if I should rightfully be winning by XBOX HUEG quantities at this point.)

-Rorschach

#19 Dr. Knickers

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 506 posts
  • Projects: CnC 3: ConRed, CORE

Posted 29 September 2008 - 21:55

Voted Alias.
Posted Image

#20 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts
  • Projects: Co-Leader of Zero Hour:Unleashed

Posted 29 September 2008 - 21:57

Well I nominated Alias and you, Boidy.

Still, I believe that you could do the job well as well as Alias.
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig and avatar, 'Dr.

#21 DaRaptor0

• 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 00:04

If it should promote Blitz, I vote nem
Posted Image

#22 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 00:13

I am the most dedicated, productive member of this forum. As the creator of the C.L. I feel there is no need to outline what I will accomplish, a small excerpt from my original community leader idea will do.

Accepting the fact that staff will never be on the same level as your average joe member and that there will always be conflict between the two groups, a bridge level should be created. Filling the gap between community and administration, a new "community leader" rank would be charged with solving any issues before they got to the public level. They could help the community grow with advertisments, news segments and polling. Tending to the community and expressing their will would be there primary goal, this is why SWR's NergiZed would be a good choice.

Edited by Nem, 30 September 2008 - 00:14.

#23 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:35

View PostCrazykenny, on 29 Sep 2008, 20:44, said:

My vote goes to Alias.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#24 Uber Daisy

• 536 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:39

Alias is the man.
Reactors Posted Image
Sensors Posted Image
Weapons systems Posted Image
All Systems Nominal.

#25 WarMenace

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Tester
  • 624 posts
  • Projects: None.

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:06

Insomniac
"Sup son? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" - dSeleCT. Team Dignitas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users