Removed from the public models thread

132 replies to this topic

#126 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:18

ok, that's why i'm edittiing it. AFAIK, ZH can allow tanks less than 600 polys right? this is around 300
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#127 Fincer

<Custom title available>

• Project Leader
  • 566 posts
  • Projects: SZ (Founder/Visual Artist), EC (Cameo Artist)

Posted 17 June 2008 - 13:44

Zero Hour can allow a tank model, for example, less than 10 polygons. It's just a question of details and quality. More than 1000 polygons are not recommended since it causes lag otherwise. Structures could probably include more polygons, max. around 2000 I think.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#128 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 17 June 2008 - 15:57

There is no poly limit in ZH. But there is a limit from which on the polycount causes lag. IIRC for tanks it was 5000...at least on my previous comp (from 2004) it was 5000.

#129 Noswar

Amateur

• 122 posts
  • Projects: Command and Conquer Generals: World at War, CNC Renovatio

Posted 17 June 2008 - 16:11

You also, need to take into account that not everyone in the world has a super computer, I usually shoot to get a model of about 700-900 for Zero Hour, you can make any decent looking vehicle for Zero Hour that you can build a lot of without it causing any lag. You have to take in account the lesser computers. 5000 can be built without causing lag, but you want to be able to build lots. And besides, the texture will give the little details. Remember this and you'll be creating stuff that works just fine. And remember, practice, practice, practice.

-Noswar
"In this day and age, we must always remain prepared for the worst of things, for the worst of things may come at the worst of times, and when that happens, we cannot afford to be off guard."
General Zachary Noswar, Commander and Chief, United States Army, the Third World War, from future book "Blackened Skies," by Robert M. Rawson

Posted Image

Posted Image

#130 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:07

So, I guess, a true good modeller can model a good model with least possible amount of verticles and faces?

#131 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:24

Yea. I created a Merkava once with 500 polys. Quite detailed for a Generals model. D:D

Too bad it is wiped when I reformatted.

#132 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:42

So it means .. that a true good modeler doesnt waste polies on useless thingys ...
Posted Image

#133 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 31 July 2008 - 22:42

no damaged skin? :O
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

1 user(s) are reading this topic