Rise of the Reds Recruitment Station N34

179 replies to this topic

#176 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 15:55

If my reading of the rules (I partly helped to devise) is correct, no. There will be no units at the base. You get to select your units at the beginning of each turn and at the end, whether they have survived or not, you loose the use of those units. Imagine if you will that they are loaned out to you to use and you have to pay for them with your RP. The bases won't provide additional units for you at the start of each turn.

#177 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 21 April 2009 - 16:02

That's quite right - the bases are where you take control of the units as Commander (that is, they're moved from your Officer's base to the combat zone), but they aren't 'stocked' with units per se. Keep in mind that the bases you start off with are all Tier 1, and thus can only generate task forces of a maximum of 15 units' size per turn, and only train infantry and light vehicles. This is to keep the first skirmishes to a manageable level.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#178 SorataZ

Professional

• 347 posts
  • Projects: For the hunt I sharpen my claws.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 16:39

Can the General the GM spawns if needed destroy bases or only units?

#179 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:53

As you may have noticed in the game thread, Scope's resignation as General and promotion of DerKrieger to fill the position has left us short a Russian 3rd Officer. As such we need a new one and I invite anyone with an interest in RotR and a few minutes free every couple of days to put an application in here.

Also, @KamuiK, not sure how I missed this for so long, so apologies for the delay. To answer your question the RotR General can do whatever he wants (a.k.a. whatever I think is necessary) as the situation dictates.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#180 SorataZ

Professional

• 347 posts
  • Projects: For the hunt I sharpen my claws.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:46

There is no need to apologize. Btw, why do you not just ask Messi Massey to come play with us?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users