The Right to Refuse to Kill

32 replies to this topic

#26 markintellect

Professional

• 397 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 16:06

View PostInsomniac!, on 8 Oct 2008, 15:46, said:

View PostTehKiller, on 8 Oct 2008, 15:00, said:

Conscripts arent really expected to kill...they are trained to hold their ground as long as possible. They aint even used in offensive actions for Christ's sake. Sure that they are most likely going to kill but that doesnt mean a conscript will kill someone.

Im not talking about the goverment choosing what will you do but im talking are you going to be a coward and run away or you are going to stay fight for your country and your own self?

Conscription takes away the right of choice, thats the whole point. There is no choice involved. And really you should be more careful of your use of words such as cowardly. Does me not doing what my government wants me to do make me a coward? If anything its the opposite. The phrase war is hell is used for good reason. I have the utmost respect for those that choose to do it, especially with the wages they get paid compared to useless people like footballers and celebrities.

Too true. In any case, those who join on their own will should be rewarded, not through vast sums of mony that could be better spent (I don't mean that they shouldn't be paid), just that their courage and determination should be rewarded with a strong social respect, with them returning to a hero's welcome.

Conscription forces people to fight for something that they may not want, and therefore have no choice about it. If they want conscription, then it is only fair to conscript those who voted for them in the first place. Warmongering dictatorships have every control over who lives and who dies, and the people who are controlled cannot stand up for themselves. For example, I'm pretty sure many North Koreans only wish for a better life for themselves, not to be forced to fight against their will against an enemy that wants to help them enrich their lives. Conscription of those not able to vote is unforgivable, as those conscripted have no choice over the regime which chooses to waste billions of monetary units and ruin peoples' lives for their own, personal wishes. Conscription of children is even worse, forcing mentally and physically immature people to fight, destroying their innocence and corrupting their lives forever.
Posted Image

48 65 6c 6c 6f 2c 20 77 6f 72 6c 64 21

#27 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 16:11

This is a topic that can border on politics too much. Marketintellect please keep your posts as far from politics as you can and only about the act of conscription itself. I don't want to have to lock this for failing foul of the rules.

#28 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 16:36

View PostWizard, on 8 Oct 2008, 15:11, said:

I am sorry but if you are in the Military it is inevitable that lethal force is used, if not then it might as well be the Samaritan Army. To be Military means that you are trained to use lethal force. Therefore you are expected to kill. Whether you end up in the position to do so, as I said is circumstancial.

You aint going to fight with paper... sure you need to use lethal force and sure that you will want to kill the dude firing at you. I would kill the guy that tries to kill me. Also youre getting the wrong picture...to be in the Military your professional career has to be called Soldier (professional soldier) and conscripts dont have that title. A soldier is trained for more than half a year whilst a conscript is way less. Cons' get only the very basic training and their purpose during wartimes is garrison not on the frontlines as to popular belief.

Conscription is the act of a Government forcing you into the army, the point that we are talking about. If you are therefore forced to join, by an act of law, you have no will.

Think outside the box....you can always get out of the country before the authorities are on your back. This is the reason why my country looks more like an external nation as they all ran away before they could be drafted.

Does me not doing what my government wants me to do make me a coward?

No, but fleeing from your home without a fight makes you one.

Edited by TehKiller, 08 October 2008 - 16:39.

Posted Image

#29 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 17:37

And you are missing the point of the whole topic now.

This is about whether conscription is right or wrong. Everything I have said is based on my opinion that it is wrong. There is no point thinking outside the box on a subject that is about being pulled into a Government controlled force without your free will. There are options to avoid it sure, but if that is the case then it's obviously wrong to a great many people for the reasons I have stated.

#30 Z_mann

Professional

• 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 08 October 2008 - 20:02

It's quite simple. I want to chose to serve my beautiful country in a way that is actually helping someone, not to be forced into conflict I didn't start, support or approve.

P.S Thread might turn into powder keg, google 'Cavoglave', find out why.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Science is magic, only complicated.

#31 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:18

I feel the same way.
Posted Image

#32 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:31

something I wanna know, why the fuck does a random country like singapore have conscription? they dont need it! so why bother?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:16

View PostViper, on 8 Oct 2008, 6:36, said:

IMO, it's only right in time of war. however, if they do have a draft, people shouldn't be able to be excluded because of their religion/beliefs.

side note on religion. religion causes most wars lol from the romans the crusades i think and the taliban any wars caused my religion i missed?

conscription is good it turns society's bullies, druggies and dick head douche bags and the soft into a disciplined constructive people who can contribute to society unless they get fucked up physically or mentally in a war.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users