Where is the love?

23 replies to this topic

#1 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 21:24

I have been listing to this song, and its great, but i also think it speaks the truth. Now many of you may thing Geez, what a slowass or Who gives a flying f***.

But, i belive that this song does ask a nice question, where is the love? I belive that the world needs to get rid of those godmaned idiots that still belive their race is better (I.e Black or white etc), Of course not forgetting those idiotic gangs that kill each other for no good reason. I hate these people, and i wish they would either realise what the hell they're doing or Die. They treat people, sorry, Discriminate people because they think, they honestly, think that they are better. Now in my humble opinion, these are idiots, and need to understand other people. This also concerns religeous matter, now speaking for Britain, some of these damned people discriminate people because they think they are funny, this, in my opinion, is not acceptable. In fact, and forgive me if this is not true, but i heard that a group of teenagers killed a boy, just because hes was a muslim. Now that, That is just awful.
EDIT: After some searching, I cannot evidence for my last statement, so I can remove it if you wish.

So, what are you opinions on this, rarther large, matter.

Posted Image

A quick google images search got me this :P ^

Edited by Tactical_person, 12 October 2008 - 21:35.

You almost did, didn't you?

#2 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 21:43

Other people are the vain of my life.

Posted Image

#3 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:03

Love is the paramount emotion of all, the source of any human's greatest strength, drive of all endeavours...

And

Equally the source of most negative emotions. The underlying thought of Lust is the absence of love. People are Envious as love isn't equally shared. Sloth evolves from the abandoning of love. Gluttony is a weary conquest to gain love. Wrath is the epitome of jealousy, where jealousy came from love. Greed, the ultimate desire to gain more of that love that is enjoyed led astray.

Maybe it is because I cannot lead Pride into an absence of love, is that it is Pride that is described as the source of all these negativities...
Posted Image

#4 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 23:23

View PostAftershock, on 24 Oct 2008, 11:03, said:

Love is the paramount emotion of all, the source of any human's greatest strength, drive of all endeavours...

And

Equally the source of most negative emotions. The underlying thought of Lust is the absence of love. People are Envious as love isn't equally shared. Sloth evolves from the abandoning of love. Gluttony is a weary conquest to gain love. Wrath is the epitome of jealousy, where jealousy came from love. Greed, the ultimate desire to gain more of that love that is enjoyed led astray.

Maybe it is because I cannot lead Pride into an absence of love, is that it is Pride that is described as the source of all these negativities...

From this (flawed)logic it follows that love is also a bad thing, because it engenders bad emotions.

Greed, for the lack of a better word, is basically good.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#5 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:14

From this (flawed)logic it follows that love is also a bad thing, because it engenders bad emotions.
I don't know how you've lived your life so far, but love isn't always everything, nor is it always pretty, I've found.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:21

Love: Been there, done that, am now single.

Love is a psycho-chemical state that the human body needs constant stimulus or training to repeat. Otherwise the human body can't keep it up.

Good luck to you finding it, I'll settle for the loveless sex atm though...

#7 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:35

View PostDauth, on 25 Oct 2008, 2:21, said:

Good luck to you finding it, I'll settle for the loveless sex atm though...

As would about 95% of men from the ages of 16-25.... fact of life really.

Love is something that people spend ages trying to find, and then having done so, find it's not what they want. Also, there is more often unrequited love, which is a right bugger. People form different veins of life will tell you different things about love - some will decree it as chemicals inducing the brain into feeling a certain way, which it is one certain levels. However, it's the matter of understanding and repeating those emotions without the lust, and hence a lot of the chemicals, that leads to true love. Very well, people can often say that they are in love with someone, but no-body knows love until they have properly experienced it - it's what you make of it afterwards that defines your thoughts on lust.
For there can be no death without life.

#8 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:03

View PostChyros, on 25 Oct 2008, 2:14, said:

I don't know how you've lived your life so far, but love isn't always everything, nor is it always pretty, I've found.

Just because love is a good thing, doesn't mean it's the only good thing.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#9 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:21

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 25 Oct 2008, 10:03, said:

Agreed. Compassion is one. Mercy is another.

Actually, that four-lettered word is not to be explained. It is just meant to be felt, if you ask me.

BTW, excessive love can lead to greed (or gluttony).
Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

#10 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:14

View PostThe Wandering Jew, on 25 Oct 2008, 5:21, said:

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 25 Oct 2008, 10:03, said:

Agreed. Compassion is one. Mercy is another.

Actually, that four-lettered word is not to be explained. It is just meant to be felt, if you ask me.

BTW, excessive love can lead to greed (or gluttony).

Justice>Mercy

Greed, for the lack of a better word, is basically good.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#11 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 14:52

I personally believe there is not such a thing like loving only one person ( talking about male-female relations ) from my experiences about me and the peoples around me; I noticed peoples always 'tend' to delude their loved ones, I not believe I will fall in love and love no other woman than her oneday and I do not believe she will do the same.

But I believe in love general, loving things, not necessarily a person ( ex: my love with cats :pimp: )

Edited by General, 25 October 2008 - 14:53.

#12 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts
  • Projects: shockwave,rise of the reds

Posted 25 October 2008 - 19:31

greeds not good :o its a extreme form of ambition where one only wants more and more even if they don't really need it or a state in that you want everything to your self not others to obtain what they want out of life becuase you want everything

#13 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:46

View PostCryptkeeper, on 25 Oct 2008, 20:31, said:

greeds not good :o its a extreme form of ambition where one only wants more and more even if they don't really need it

You don't need anything. Even to live.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#14 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:35

Well thing is, everything said by people here such as love, greed, justice, mercy etc. are all circumstantial. They dont have a true definition, or amount or requirement. They are defined by the people that instigate them, or receive them. Problem is, not many people on this planet can just "agree to disagree". They believe that their version of love, their version of justice is the correct one. So really love is all around, just in different forms.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Z_mann

Professional

• 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 05 November 2008 - 13:30

You don't need anything. Even to live.

In order for this to be true, you must define the word need. And while we are at it, you might as well redefine greed. How can the impulse to acquire, or request things beyond a limit be good? It ends up damaging you in the end, no?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Science is magic, only complicated.

#16 IPS

Eisenhower Commander

• Project Team
  • 649 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave, Rotr

Posted 05 November 2008 - 16:11

I totally agree there

@Dr. Strangelove:
shure you could "live" with nearly nothing, but you will die after some month/years because humans actually need a sense to live, it's the dark side of intelligence and individualism
My Showroom
-{Aston Martin 4ever}-
Posted Image
"the earth does not deserve to touch my feet"
...:rofl:...:rofl:...:lol:...:rofl:...:rofl:...:lol:...
......... -.___.--"------ ................./ /

........ / ]: [][ I ]..........=======/
....... (-,____==o___.ยด ..............` --
--`-------`---..........

#17 Reaper94

rawr!!

• 1178 posts
  • Projects: Being more loved and less loathed by community

Posted 05 November 2008 - 17:51

i dont love, i just dont hate.. im normally to apathetic to care about anything and i keep myself to myself if i can, and i know what you mean about discrimination, everyone thinks im naff at p.e cos im *larger* than most of the other people and yet i can still outrun half of them. people should get a life and ignore peoples skin colour and religious beliefs and see people for what they are.

RaiDK, on 3 Jun 2009, 10:09, said:

MY BEAK IS ONE WHICH WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Posted Image

#18 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 00:54

View PostIPS, on 5 Nov 2008, 17:11, said:

@Dr. Strangelove:
shure you could "live" with nearly nothing, but you will die after some month/years because humans actually need a sense to live, it's the dark side of intelligence and individualism

I am saying that you do not need to live.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#19 Z_mann

Professional

• 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:35

Try and stop your breathing. See what happens. Life is an automated necessity - what is required for its immediate preservation is what you need, by definition.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Science is magic, only complicated.

#20 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:56

View PostZ_mann, on 6 Nov 2008, 1:35, said:

Try and stop your breathing. See what happens. Life is an automated necessity - what is required for its immediate preservation is what you need, by definition.

Necessary for what?
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#21 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:44

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 5 Nov 2008, 20:56, said:

Necessary for what?

necessary for the on going functioning of the thing you call a body

kinda like in order for there to be water (H2O) you must have 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen with out one of those crucial components you don't have water thus water needs 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen

tho many confuse want with need if something is just some thing extra say you need a hotdog but you don't necessarily need the toppings there just extra and hotdog can exist with out them as the identity of hotdog

Edited by Cryptkeeper, 06 November 2008 - 05:29.

#22 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:22

View PostCryptkeeper, on 6 Nov 2008, 4:44, said:

Necessary for what?

kinda like in order for there to be water (H2O) you must have 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen with out one of those crucial components you don't have water thus water needs 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen

tho many confuse want with need if something is just some thing extra say you need a hotdog but you don't necessarily need the toppings there just extra and hotdog can exist with out them as the identity of hotdog

How can x be necessary for x? You're saying life is necessary for itself. Which means it can't exist if it doesn't exist. Does that make any sense to you?
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#23 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:33

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 6 Nov 2008, 0:22, said:

View PostCryptkeeper, on 6 Nov 2008, 4:44, said:

Necessary for what?

How can x be necessary for x? You're saying life is necessary for itself. Which means it can't exist if it doesn't exist. Does that make any sense to you?

its actually more like Y(breathing) + Z(Respiratory system) is necessary for x(life) but of course there's more variable to life then just that y+z =x

but there are theories of philosophy that say existence is the very reason things exist but I believe infinite variables of existence and nonexistence cause the existence we perceive without any of them we would consumed by nonexistence or at the very least it would be a completely different

think of my theory or idea as a picture with out every pixel of the picture wouldn't be complete but now imagine if that same picture was set into a motion of continually infinite change if one of those pixels were gone or if there were more each time it changes it will have different effects due to the lack of or surplus of pixels thus altering the ongoing future or image of the picture

bad example and its very abstract but philosophy deals with allot abstracts like that

sorry for getting a bit off track but what i think your confused with is how I view the word need. My view of the word need is nothing but the required preconditions for something to exist or to happen that is what is needed anything else is a want

Edited by Cryptkeeper, 06 November 2008 - 07:58.

#24 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:44

dude its simplistic human nature for people to hate people and only care for their selves
i mean i can honestly say i have people not specifically races or stereotypes but people who i have met before who i have pure hatred for and that id really like to stab and see the life drain out of their eyes because they have caused me pain in some way or i just dont like their attitude
and i dont think you can change human emotions and instincts

edit: by any chance was that song u listened to was the "Wind Of Change" by Scorpions
on a side note get drunk and watch their music video on you tube and tell me what comes to mind because it blow it to peaces

Edited by Major Fuckup, 08 November 2008 - 09:48.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users