When are we expecting public releases for future models?

31 replies to this topic

#1 PurpleScrin

Amateur

• 107 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 20:49

Only 3 models had been released since the Mod Sdk was first released: Titan by the TWA team (including Golan and Stygs), the Shatterer (by MasterChief) and the modified Pitbull (Stygs).

The list that I did make has been scratched off. I decide to search and extract them myself as long as mods are present and files are extractable. I may test them myself and that test mod will not be released to the public till the mod is done with.

The only difficult hope that EALA might do is to merge C&C3/KW into one so the MOD SDK will also merge into one. The bad news is that some C&C3 models are not in KW and most KW models are not in C&C3. Only Company of Heroes, C&C1/2 and RA1 had already done that.

I also have another question for you users: are there any public models released for Generals/Zero Hour? Can they be used in a C&C3 mod sdk?

Edit: Sorry for the flaming and asking for people's models. And oh, more Chinese users present here than all other C&C forums there.

Edited by PurpleScrin, 24 October 2008 - 20:37.

#2 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 17 October 2008 - 21:34

View PostPurpleScrin, on 17 Oct 2008, 21:49, said:

Besides if you refuse to release those models, the best mod of the C&C series [...] Tacitus Prophecy

exaggerate much?

you can't self-proclaim that, only the fans can.

[on topic]
From what i can tell, you're demading that models made by other people be made publicly avalable.
Posted Image

#3 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 22:27

WAT

So basically he's saying, I am going to make the best mod ever if you make all the bits for me to use as a jigsaw puzzle?

Posted Image

#4 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 17 October 2008 - 22:58

Besides if you refuse to release those models, the best mod of the C&C series (which was supposed to be named as the unofficial C&C3 2nd expansion pack: Tacitus Prophecy) I will be creating will be canceled unless I have those models and codes. If the KW Mod SDK does tend to go for a release, I don't need the KW models.

Wow, you really live in your own little fairy world, don't you. If what you're planning would be "the best mod ever", then surely the model creators would have made it already?

Not every model made must go public. Given your attitude, I would hope they are not all released.

#5 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 23:23

Besides if you refuse to release those models, the best mod of the C&C series (which was supposed to be named as the unofficial C&C3 2nd expansion pack: Tacitus Prophecy) I will be creating will be canceled unless I have those models and codes. If the KW Mod SDK does tend to go for a release, I don't need the KW models.

PurpleScrin, do you realise how you are coming across in this paragraph?

There is a right and wrong way about going about asking for things. You have made yourself sound terribly self-centered in the above post. Just think again about what you are saying. Yes, I can imagine it is frustrating that EALA have not released the Kane's Wrath art assets, but it is Golan's, Masterchief's and whoever else's prerogative whether they want to release their models just as it is EALA's.

I will be watching this thread very closely and hope that it proceeds calmly from this point forward.

#6 CommanderJC

• 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 23:52

I am thinking what PurpleScrin is trying to say is that the people who have these models should merge into his mod, meaning. . . . working together as a team and merging the finished models from different users into one mod.

Since I am a new user here, someone here is already familiarized with me . To the users out there, I am in no relation to CommanderJB. (in which it might have stood for Commander James Bond.) And you might be thinking that I am CommanderJB's assistant and friend. NO. I may be a fan of James Bond and Joyce Carrington characters, but I am just a male attempting to create a C&C3 mod. At least this forum starts here for me. :P

Edited by CommanderJC, 17 October 2008 - 23:54.

#7 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:33

If you want to plan a big mod like that, learn to model yourself, or at least assemble a team. Don't go around begging for models.

#8 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:36

I think if you want to prove you are a good modder, you have to show public your works with quality, not "YOU SHALL MERGE WITH ZE BEST MODDER - ME".

#9 Mighty BOB!

Semi-Pro

• 244 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:46

View PostStinger, on 17 Oct 2008, 16:23, said:

You have made yourself sound terribly self-centered in the above post.

Maybe because he is? Every mod he makes is "the best mod ever."
WOL nick: migtybob

Wesforce said:

We are living in a post-common sense society.

#10 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:36

This guy isn't self-centered enough, goin' 'round asking for OPM(Other People's Models/Money).
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#11 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:15

In before epic fail / lock.
Posted Image

#12 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:12

Even though he sounds selfish, I would like some of those models too... Maybe we can restart the Free Models Thread with them?
Posted Image

#13 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:17

I don't think any public W3X threads have become active. I would post, but my skills are lacking. Maybe, I can get the hang of it by the end of the year. I dunno.

#14 Mighty BOB!

Semi-Pro

• 244 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:09

I'll probably be doing some free Tiberium flora (and possibly fauna) at some point.
WOL nick: migtybob

Wesforce said:

We are living in a post-common sense society.

#15 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:40

You can't expect the release of any of those models. Learn to model and skin by yourself, like me and all the others did too.

#16 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 19:59

P.S. It took me roughly 3yrs of trial and error to get to where I am now. Modeling is not something that you wake up one day and go "Oh, I can model like a pro!" You have to start small, and challenge yourself, only then will you make models at the qualety of the pros. Anyone have a link to that leopard Tutorial to give this guy?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#17 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 20:02

So true. Though, as some people know: I did improve dramatically with just one model (the very first version of the Sentinel Tank I had in Advanced Warfare :P )

Also, here is the leopard tutorial: Klicky

#18 CommanderJC

• 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 15:35

View PostMaster_Chief, on 18 Oct 2008, 19:40, said:

You can't expect the release of any of those models. Learn to model and skin by yourself, like me and all the others did too.

It's not easy to model and skin unless a person is a great artist that knows how to make units or structures.

#19 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 20 October 2008 - 17:35

and you become a great artist with practice.

As been stated before, you're not born one, you work on it.
Posted Image

#20 Stygs

Casual

• 53 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:28

View PostPurpleScrin, on 17 Oct 2008, 20:49, said:

The Titan model has been officially released by the TWA team (including Golan and Stygs).

Just to point something out:

1. This is NOT the KW Titan but a new model made and animated by Golan (he is using the KW texture and thats the only similarity with the KW model).

2. It was NOT released by the TWA Team but by the Thundermods team (more specific Golan) and my whole participation basicly consits of saying "no, I dont wont this model for TWA, release it if you want", so stop giving wrong credits.

3. Golan is NOT part of the TWA team, simply because there is NO TWA team (however, if there would be a team, Golan would probably member of it :loels: )
Posted Image

Outdated signature is outdated...

#21 PurpleScrin

Amateur

• 107 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 14:53

Say Stygs, is the latest version of TWA going to be released today?

#22 WarMenace

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Tester
  • 624 posts
  • Projects: None.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 15:45

Wow demanding models from someone and then asking for the release date? Are you trying to just steal someone's hard work?

MAKE YOUR OWN, this world ain't free
"Sup son? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" - dSeleCT. Team Dignitas.

#23 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 24 October 2008 - 15:55

Posted Image

the truck of fail has arrived...
try to learn modding and skinning yourself and don't act like a poor beggar...

you are really too self esteemed for your little skillz

Mr. Mylo
Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#24 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 18:41

View PostPurpleScrin, on 24 Oct 2008, 16:53, said:

Just a word of advice: You DON'T want me to see one of my models in one of your mods.

#25 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 19:10

View PostPurpleScrin, on 24 Oct 2008, 7:53, said:

You are the LAMEST person I've ever seen. Only INI Coding skills and call yourself great modder, demand models from other guys, demamding release date and self centered. I have to agree with Nem: You are a retard. MAKE YOUR OWN THINGS BASTARD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users