←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Overrated to Overlord General

Jordan's Photo Jordan 19 Oct 2008

What if we changed up the Overrated General a bit, and gave it the best in heavy firepower? As in having everything being based off of an Overlord, even the aircraft. Not sure how you would do that with infantry though.

Of course, this would still be balanced, since almost everything would require a Propaganda Center to build.

What do you think?

-Jordan

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 19 Oct 2008

wouldn't that be a rip-off from kwai?

Jordan's Photo Jordan 20 Oct 2008

If so, then all the stuff could go to Kwai then.

Zancloufer's Photo Zancloufer 20 Oct 2008

Units havening insane firepower, but weaker in other areas? Might work. Though IDK about most things being post-tech. Would make early game too hard for the player.

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 20 Oct 2008

:D

Rich19's Photo Rich19 21 Oct 2008

How about just basing all the models off the overlord, but having the firepower similar to the respective units (BM, etc)?

Shirou's Photo Shirou 21 Oct 2008

Just Overlord ripped units with insane looks and beastly cannons, with measly battlemaster firepower.

That's overrated :cool:

Rich19's Photo Rich19 21 Oct 2008

^ This. There's a difference between "overrated" and "overpowered".

R3ven's Photo R3ven 24 Oct 2008

i'm totally for this idea but may need to take out the barracks as not to make it to difficult to make infantry unless you make them overlord-infantry cross cyborgs(which would totally pwnsome).

Shirou's Photo Shirou 25 Oct 2008

View PostRich19, on 21 Oct 2008, 21:10, said:

I know. Define overrated, and then look at my post again, I don't think you get it.

Futschki's Photo Futschki 25 Oct 2008

as for infantry ... u can make a mini-overlord looking vehicle with the infantry head popping out of it ... not powerful but has got some kind of armor ...
(snipers such as pathies and jarmen kell should be able to blow his head off :pimp:)

Rich19's Photo Rich19 25 Oct 2008

View PostAftershock, on 25 Oct 2008, 8:45, said:

View PostRich19, on 21 Oct 2008, 21:10, said:

I know. Define overrated, and then look at my post again, I don't think you get it.

I was agreeing with you... When I said "^this", I meant "I agree with this post ^" It's just that the original idea was to have everything based off an overlord, including firepower, which would be overpowered, even if it all needed a propaganda centre.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 26 Oct 2008

Not sure how you would do that with infantry though.

Overlord Hats.

I still say give the Overrated general weapons that look way cooler than they are. (IE. Spiral deathbeam infantry: Fires gigantic laser blasts that do only a little more damage than regular missiles.)

as for infantry ... u can make a mini-overlord looking vehicle with the infantry head popping out of it

*Remembers Grot Tanks from the Steel Legion mod*
Edited by RaiDK, 26 October 2008 - 07:23.