Tanks all new Warchest

29 replies to this topic

#26 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 06 July 2009 - 23:01

They look good, but why are the renders so blurred?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 23:10

that all nooks very neat, nice step forward 8|
it's time to wake up

#28 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 06 July 2009 - 23:40

View PostPav3d, on 7 Jul 2009, 0:01, said:

They look good, but why are the renders so blurred?

Seconding that, get some clearer renders, will show the detail off much better.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:30

those tanks are pretty sweet, good job m8
Attached Image

#30 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:16

The model for the Cheetah is great - it looks speedy but sturdy. The shape of the turret on the Hailstorm is odd, though, IMO; it's very conical and it doesn't have as many details as it could (you need some form of optronic system for sighting the Vulcan, for instance). The Viper, on the other hand, I unreservedly love; it's highly detailed and has a really good shape to it. The Rattler is great too - I particularly like the fireports, and it has some nice other features such as the turret detailing to it. Lastly the Copperhead is a flawless representation of everyone's favourite American tank.
There are I think a few texture problems though; most of the textures seem quite shallow and could use more what I believe is termed 'burn' to accentuate details such as panel lines et cetera. There are also places such as on the turret of the Rattler where the rivet lines don't match the model lines, and the detail sizes vary from panel to panel. That said it is genuinely impressive work and your skill is definitely increasing!

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users