Scariest moment in your life so far

35 replies to this topic

#1 Mortecha

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 14:38

Well the reason I start this topic is because today is the scariest moment I have ever had in my entire life. I won't go into details but my girlfriend is late and we bought a pregnancy test today. Waiting for the results of the test is the scariest thing I have ever gone through. It was the thought of becoming a father and having my life change completely and the fact I am willing to look after the girl of my dreams as best as I can for as long as I can that made this even more scarier.

What are yours?

:EDIT the test was negative for those who are interested, otherwise I'll be saying YAY IMA DAD!!!!!:P

Edited by Mortecha, 28 October 2008 - 14:49.

#2 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 16:42

I don't know if you view that as a good or bad thing, but congratulations anyway :P.

Move this to General Discussion please.

Edited by {LP}Admiral-(NL), 28 October 2008 - 16:42.

Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#3 Mortecha

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 16:44

Nah It was a good thing that she was negative because were too young to start a family just yet:P

Also sry for the post in the wrong section:P

Edited by Mortecha, 28 October 2008 - 16:45.

#4 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 17:17

It really is more GD than PC, but I was willing to leave it here. Depending on the content I'll move it.

#5 Teron

Absinth drinker

• 938 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 20:46

View PostMortecha, on 28 Oct 2008, 15:38, said:

Well the reason I start this topic is because today is the scariest moment I have ever had in my entire life. I won't go into details but my girlfriend is late and we bought a pregnancy test today. Waiting for the results of the test is the scariest thing I have ever gone through. It was the thought of becoming a father and having my life change completely and the fact I am willing to look after the girl of my dreams as best as I can for as long as I can that made this even more scarier.

What are yours?

:EDIT the test was negative for those who are interested, otherwise I'll be saying YAY IMA DAD!!!!!:P

You cannot imagine, how much I feel with you. I was once in the same situation >_>
"It's not the cards you have, it's how you play them!" - Gambit (X-Men)

#6 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 23:12

Scariest moment? About half a year ago, when my dad fell asleep at the driving wheel, and we flew off the road down in the trench about 10 meters deep. Luckily it was full of bushes, and a lot of non reaped grass... Terrible.
Requiescat in pace, James.

18.11.1991. REMEMBER VUKOVAR!

#7 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 23:31

Hmmm... Scariest moment? My Dad and I were sprinting to our town line on our bikes in a group of cyclists when the guy behind him clipped his rear wheel. My Dad went down like a rock, and at 30 mph, it was scary as hell. :P He ended up with a broken leg and collarbone, and looked like he met the Hulk on a bad day for the next couple of months. Fortunately he's fine now. :D

Edited by Ghostrider, 28 October 2008 - 23:32.

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#8 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 23:33

Two particularly bad moments for me.

Firstly, having both of my wrists broken simultaneously in five places each after being crushed between two mattresses (don't ask how). Went to lift one off just as a friend (no longer a friend) jumped on top of it, to the cries of 'OH SHIT' from the onlookers. I've never ever known such pain, and hope to god I never will again.

Secondly, being semi-ru down by a bike in Sao Paulo - went across the road and he swung out from around the corner at about 60mph. He fractured my hip four times as he hit me with the handlebar on the way past - he then crashed into a wall and fractured his skull.... wasn't much fun either.
For there can be no death without life.

#9 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 29 October 2008 - 00:35

I never really like getting into my personal life like this but my mother says its good to talk about these things. And please, don't say anything, because this is true.

It was the day my father died. Keep in mind, I was only 10. And no my father didn't die from committing suicide or taking an overdose, He died in his sleep. And... I was the one to find out. He wasn't breathing, nor moving, he plays around with us, so that's what I thought. Then I noticed that his lips were icy blue. And that... scared me to the point where I cant explain it. Happened four years ago, still haunts me today and i will never heal from it.

I'm not going to say anything else.
Formerly Sobek

#10 Ascendancy

Needled 24/7

• 1293 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:12

My scariest moment? Okay...how about this.

Coming home the morning after grad night, tired as all hell, attempting to walk home through the field behind your house and then waking up in the back of an ambulance. Yeah, that's what happens when you're diabetic and take too much insulin and you're tired and you thought you ate enough to cover what you took. Also about as close as I've gotten to death, yeah.
Posted Image
Thanks to that awesome signature maker, Cattman2236.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:59

I was at my sisters friends graduation party and hardly knew anyone there. Minors were drinking, drugs had, etc. I took no part mind you. When this fat guy who had an argument with another guy and started waving around a loaded pistol I left and walked the 2 miles home. Never been more scared in my life but thats nothing compared to you guys im sure.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:34

Scariest moment? Yesterday morning when a car crashed into a wall just half a meter in front of me. I was like O SHI-

#13 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:43

In May, when fighting erupted across the capital Beirut and our home was not more than 400m from the largest skirmish which included heavy MG fire and RPGs. I couldn't sleep over the two days when the fighting was at its most intense.
Posted Image

#14 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:05

When I was 4 years old I was bumped by 1-2 trycicles back then and it hurts a lot and also it scared the hell out of me. I lost tons of blood that day, but the good news is I still survived.

Edited by Papaya Master Rai, 29 October 2008 - 09:05.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:01

View PostAscendancy, on 29 Oct 2008, 4:12, said:

My scariest moment? Okay...how about this.
Coming home the morning after grad night, tired as all hell, attempting to walk home through the field behind your house and then waking up in the back of an ambulance. Yeah, that's what happens when you're diabetic and take too much insulin and you're tired and you thought you ate enough to cover what you took. Also about as close as I've gotten to death, yeah.

Done it :P I find them particularly horrifying due to the fact I have no control over them whatsoever - although I don't find them too scary as I'm usually unable to remember anything during my unconscious period, and thereafter when waking up in hospital, I'm usually too drugged up and left with a splitting migrane so all I tend to do is sleep. I know for a fact that my parents class these events as their scariest moments - I can't begin to think what it puts them through to see me pass out and ecome unresponsive right in front of their eyes.
For there can be no death without life.

#16 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:14

Being shot at sometime around midnight, Halloween, several years ago. Kinda a long story...
kinda, sorta alive.

#17 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:16

But we like long stories. C'mon tell us, please Swimmer?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:25

It was about 4-5AM. Me and some friends were in the centre of town walking back from a party in the north of town. As we passed through we saw some guys break into a shop. They noticed us and chased us, thankfully we got away with nothing more than scrapes and a few cuts from jumping over walls and bushes. You tend not to be that careful when you have 2 guys wearing balaclavas chasing you. The adrenaline rush was immense, but there are much better and safer ways to get a rush.

Another scary moment was when I was walking back home with a friend, when suddenly I noticed he wasn't there anymore. I turned back to find him shredding his arm on a rough wall. I don't mind blood, but to see that much.. it was quite surreal. He has since sorted himself out I am glad to say.

Edited by Insomniac!, 29 October 2008 - 12:26.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Wi-Ta

Veteran

• 471 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 13:57

My scariest moment in life was when my little son was born ,he was 4 weeks to early but he was ok so far .
We were happy to have a healthy child (because the doctor said so).
Then the second night of his live he did get problems to breath.
His little body did not produce enough red blood corpuscles (those transport the oxygen in the blood) and he start to breath faster and faster to get oxygen in his blood.
A device that the oxygen content in blood monitored started to go on full alarm.
I will never forget this noise.
He is now 4 years old and healthy but sometimes if i see him playing this moment comes back in my mind it gives me the creeps again.

best regards
a father that does love his kids

#20 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 20:32

When a man with PTSD started running around with a pistol in front of me and my buddies on New Years eve. Of course like anyone else we ran away as fast as possible. Tomoro I found out that he even had a nade in his jacket with him (luckily not a functional one).

Edited by TehKiller, 29 October 2008 - 20:33.

Posted Image

#21 partyzanpaulzy

Professional

• 316 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 00:54

What the jungle... :P

Only 2 my moments are similar to these, although I have been never been scaried to death. Sometimes there was some accident which could injured me badly or kill (like when I almost fell under cars wheels when I was little child), but I had no time to realize it because it had already happened.

Those 2 moments:
1st happened several years ago: I was riding my bike very fast in a forrest when the wheel suddenly stucked into sand on a path and almost fell of the bike (there is sandy loam).
I was pretty scared because it would have caused me serious injures if I hadn't kept the balance in a total stop from some 40-50 km/hour without helmet (it gave me a lesson: use helmet if you want ride the bike so fast, or don't ride the bike so fast, esp. not on a sandy path).

2nd was more scary, because it was dangerous not only for me, but also for my parents and sister:
We were going to Italy in our old car (it's also several years back) across one Austrian highway (my father was driving), it was deep night when we were passing a bridge and some TIR suddenly started to getting us to the edge and almost pushed us out (watch some TV news if you need some illustration for these accidents).
Posted Image
(I'm making RA2YR mod, check Revora Forums for more info)
Posted Image
Posted Image
+ equivalents :p

#22 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 14:31

It's probably around 9-10pm and I'm riding with a friend of mine to a billiards hall where we're meeting up with a few more friends. This friend of mine hates driving at night, and I didn't have my license at that point. We come down a hill to an "T" intersection, which at that time, only had a stop sign for the drivers coming down the hill. The road wasn't lit particularly well, save for the intersection, which had 2 lampposts providing light akin to that of a very early morning sun rise. She goes to pull out and doesn't see a car traveling at around 35mph from the right. Truth be told, I didn't either and we're both lucky the driver coming from the right did. All I heard was screeching tires and my friend desperately trying to turn the wheel and stomp the gas pedal. Fortunately there was no crash, but my heart did jump to my throat and left with knowing how deers in headlights feel.
Posted Image

#23 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 23:01

first, the day i realised nothing fucking matters. at all.

then the day i realised nobody gives a shit about you and you don't give a shit about anybody.

still depresses me up to date.
it's time to wake up

#24 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 31 October 2008 - 00:31

I do not fear death but I'm afraid what would happen to my family if my life was abruptly ended.

View PostMortecha, on 28 Oct 2008, 22:38, said:

...we bought a pregnancy test today. Waiting for the results of the test is the scariest thing I have ever gone through. It was the thought of becoming a father and having my life change completely and the fact I am willing to look after the girl of my dreams as best as I can for as long as I can that made this even more scarier...

Abstinence is the best weapon, comrade. :whaa:
Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

#25 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 00:34

View PostThe Wandering Jew, on 31 Oct 2008, 0:31, said:

Abstinence is the best weapon, comrade. :whaa:

Over my cold dead body do I recommend this. Go out and buy a packet of condoms, so even if the urge does overcome you, you are safe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users