Regarding copyrighted content

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:28

We have noticed an increase in the amount of topics/posts containing content that could be considered illegal in copyright terms. The moderating team take an extreme view on these and as such will not tolerate any such content being posted or linked to on this forum.

As such the moderating team will remove, on sight, anything we consider to be illegal or remotely suspicious.

#2 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 09 November 2008 - 13:17

Maybe I'm just blind, but what topics then?
Also, shouldn't it be 'regarding' instead of 'reagrding'?
Posted Image

#3 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 13:26

My bad there, fixed now.

We have noticed enough to be worried, IIRC there have been 5 topics at least in the last month which is why we have taken action.

#4 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 09 November 2008 - 14:29

View PostDutchygamer, on 9 Nov 2008, 13:17, said:

Maybe I'm just blind, but what topics then?

Indeed, you got an example topic?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 09 November 2008 - 14:51

I think he's talking about the topics PurpleScrin posted, EA hasn't complained about PurpleScrin changing their OST's/other related stuff...Yet.
Posted Image

#6 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 09 November 2008 - 15:14

View PostYue Ying, on 9 Nov 2008, 9:51, said:

I think he's talking about the topics PurpleScrin posted, EA hasn't complained about PurpleScrin changing their OST's/other related stuff...Yet.

Maybe the haven't noticed yet.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#7 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 15:20

We have removed the ones we have found. Recently there have been 3 by one user and 2 by another. Regardless of individual opinions the moderating team have decided that we would rather be safe than sorry.

#8 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 15:20

If I ever posted something that conflicts with copyrighted content, just lemme know.
Posted Image

#9 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 16:31

The trouble with letting someone know (not specifically you Kenny) is that the content may remain in place for longer than we'd want (0.00001 secs). This is why, if you post something that we might "consider" illegal or bordering on some sort of infringement, everyone should be prepared for it to disappear, at least until the team has had an opportunity to discuss the content and the possible implications. If it's clean then it'll magically reappear, if not we'll be in contact.

We aren't going to start removing everything left right and centre, but taking the already mentioned incidents, if it smells iffy, it will most likely be so we'll do something about it.

@ Yue, whether EA have raised issue with it or not, the team would rather that if they do, they won't find it on our forum. In this situation we will be ultra careful.

#10 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 18:13

Could we have an example? I don't think a thread posted on a public board would need to remain anonymous.

#11 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 18:18

We are not protecting any person. We are protecting the board.

#12 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 09 November 2008 - 19:57

For all those that wants an example, there was that one topic where someone posted "Music to invade by" and had a Rapidshare linking to his music pack. That was removed pretty quickly, but I'm sure a bunch of people got their hands on not-so-legal music. (and it's not like you can't get the stuff, just don't distribute it on the board).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users