184 replies to this topic

#1 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 16:31

That's right. Friends and fellows of Fallout Studios, I present you:

Posted Image

My very own .com-website! You're all welcome to have a look and write guest updates!

Edited by Rayburn, 31 March 2009 - 05:44.

#2 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 16:38

Haha. I enjoyed reading the "Sod this Shite" article.
Water Temple gave me the shits too.

Looking forward to more here.

Edited by Alias, 11 November 2008 - 16:39.

Posted Image

#3 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 11 November 2008 - 16:46

Looking good, mate. Can't wait to see more :).
kinda, sorta alive.

#4 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 16:51

Phew...positive feedback so far...Thanks a lot, lads!
As I said, the first 'regular' update will be posted tomorrow, however, I can't promise that I'll be updating the site every day. I guess I'll write whenever I really feel like it because inspiration can't be forced. And again: If anyone wants to contribute something, feel free to write your own update and get it published.

#5 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 17:18

I did have a bit of a chuckle there, I will almost certainly submit something, if only to argue with you.

Nice site Rayburn.

#6 Revan

The Sneaky Cannon Fodder in the Background

• 2231 posts
  • Projects: Science!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 17:21

Well I was probably the only one here who read your old website (due to it being written in German) but I have to say I like this one even more, very nice job on the introduction, very funny name and I like your first couple of articles.
Though I must admit, I do enjoy advanced maths and the water temple wasn't that hard :)

Edited by Man of SCIENCE!, 11 November 2008 - 17:22.

Posted Image

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

#7 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 17:36

Congrats on the new site, Rayburn.

Putting Fallout Studios at the top of the Links section earns you plus points from me. :)

#8 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 18:56

Heh, nice :) . Congratulations and good luck with your own little corner of the internet.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:24

Today's update: An introductory rant about censorship in Germany and one of my favourite horror movies of all time.

#10 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:48

Grat'z for your new website =D
I have read your "Sod This Shite!" Article yesterday and I'm still laughing now =D
Therefore you forgot to mention the PC in your article about Mobile Phones, the PC was first made for work not games =p
==>[]

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#11 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 13:36

Today: An essay about horror movie clichés

#12 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:59

Today: A German TV show in which Uri Geller tried to make contact with aliens

#13 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:47

Since this is my third post in a row and I do not want to hog the GD index with my announcements,
I'm kindly asking a moderator to move this to the SYD and pin it if that's okay. Thanks in advance.

Today: Gametrailers and a game review

Edited by Rayburn, 19 November 2008 - 07:50.

#14 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:58

You can also ask members to send feedback so you won't DP =p
PS : You're really making a good job with your site ^^ But you need a better look =p

#15 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:39

Good point. The template is pretty bland I admit but I actually wanted something simple, something
that's easy on the eye and not too funky. After all, the design should not distract from the content.

``You can also ask members to send feedback so you won't DP =p´´

All right, I'll make it official then: Feedback, suggestions and questions, whether through this thread or the contact option are welcome. Post away!

Edited by Rayburn, 19 November 2008 - 09:39.

#16 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:26

I wasn't really talkin' about the whole template ^^'
Changing the Header would be enough

#17 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:31

Holy Dick on A Stick thoes are some very good reads! Keep it up.

#18 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:19

I honestly wouldn't worry about multi-posting given you are a very well known and most excellent member of the community, and there are many people here (including myself) who find what you have to say most interesting and worthwhile. The rule wasn't made this this in mind I'm sure, and I certainly won't begrudge you for it, and I don't expect the rest of the staff will either.
(Plus you instantly gained quashed any remaining doubts I had about how good an excuse you hold by having a War of the Worlds quote in your information area. The musical version, right? Jeff Wayne is a legend.)
I'll post detailed impressions later as I've left it a bit late tonight, but suffice to say for the moment that it is an entertaining, relevant and interesting read on a scale rarely seen in a web log. Or most other areas if it comes to it.

Edited by CommanderJB, 19 November 2008 - 11:22.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:57

Thanks for all the compliments, lads, this is great. I lost interest in my old site because it was in German and therefore only available to my real life mates. 'Anglisising' the new site so it can include FS was a great idea as it enlarges the user base and gives me more motivation to keep it up. Thank you all for supporting me.

``The musical version, right? Jeff Wayne is a legend´´

Spot on, mate. It's a great piece of music. I wish Spielberg could have just used to plot of the original and relocated it into modern times.
The movie would have been miles better.

PS: One last thing about the site in case you haven't noticed yet. I have enabled the comment-function for updates. Just to let you know.

Edited by Rayburn, 19 November 2008 - 12:00.

#20 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:58

No update today but for tomorrow, I'd like to ask you guys a question: I'm planning a little contest, nothing spectacular, which has to do with picture manipulation and video games. It won't be very hard, so those without Photoshop experience still have a chance and in the end, it's not about winning anyway. So, my question is: How many of you would possibly partake in this little event? I say again: It's not going to be very big, just a little gag to add some interactivity, so it shouldn't be much of a hassle for anyone. The official announcement (if enough people answer here) will be posted tomorrow along with further information. You don't HAVE to post in this thread in order to be able to participate but it would be nice if you would because I would not like to run a contest with only three contestants. Thanks for your time.

Edited by Rayburn, 20 November 2008 - 08:59.

#21 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:02

I'll give it a try.

Posted Image

#22 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:41

Today: Wii games and a little picture editing contest (!!!)

#23 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 17:58

I'm really not trying to be a pest but since I haven't received any entries yet, here's a little reminder: The deadline for the Wii concepts is 15:00 GMT on November 25th. I didn't say that in my update but since I want to showcase the concepts on that very day, I also need some time to prepare their presentation.

Edited by Rayburn, 22 November 2008 - 17:59.

#24 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:36

Who's the hosting with?

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#25 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:10

Of the website? Actually, I'm not sure. A friend of mine took care of everything but I
think it's hosted at some German company, nothing big. Can't remember the name, though.

Also, last reminder: The Wii showcase is scheduled for 17:00 GMT. Last chance to get some entries in because I don't have a single one yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users