Lazyness is human

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 02 December 2008 - 17:50

Lazyness is human! But is it good for anything and why are we lazy?

Humans always tend to make things easier and more efficient. That is something which has made us lazier and lazier since the beginning of human beeing. Also I think that beeing lazy saves energy for things which could be more important/necessary later on.

Lazyness is human
humaneness is lazy

Post away!

Mr. Mylo
Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#2 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 17:56

I'd say there's a difference between efficiency and laziness. Efficiency is an ideal that should be strived for whereas laziness can often lead to problems i.e. actually doing LESS than necessary while thinking it's enough when, in reality, it isn't. Say, for example, you're too lazy to brush your teeth properly. You only brush them for 30 seconds in a very superficial manner. The result: You DID brush your teeth but due to your laziness, you've done a real sloppy job and your gob is still full of bacteria which eventually leads to the loss of your teeth. In this case, it has nothing to do with efficiency. Efficiency would be brushing your teeth properly without brushing them until your gum starts bleeding. As for the actual question, yes, it seems like laziness is a human trait. Might have to do with the typical human idea that 'I know what I'm doing and as long as I do it at all, it'll be okay'.

Edited by Rayburn, 02 December 2008 - 19:02.

#3 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 17:57

There is a theory that we are lazy because of our ancestors. this goes back possibly thousands of years to when we were very primitive. As all they needed to do was hunt/eat/re-produce they would sleep/do nothing as much as possible to save energy for those tasks.

Posted Image

#4 Zero

Commander&Chief of the Order of the Black Knights

• 581 posts
  • Projects: None, unfortunately

Posted 02 December 2008 - 18:04

Well, whatever the case we are lazier now as any fat people back then died off but now the Earth is flooded by them. Still, I say it is part of human nature, its part of EVERYTHING's nature, get it done while doing as little as possible... although the problem is whether or not you do it efficiently. I say lazyness is fine, as long as you end up doing the things appropriately, if you don't, however, then the result is chaos and laziness is bad. In other words, like war and equality, it's a double-edged sword.
Posted Image
Posted Image
[indent]Garrod "Newtype Killer" Ran[/indent]

#5 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 02 December 2008 - 18:45

I think Rayburn makes a good point.
Laziness is our excuse into fooling ourselves into thinking we have done enough when in reality we know we haven't.
Procrastination and laziness go hand in hand.

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Zero

• 581 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 19:14

View PostMbob61, on 2 Dec 2008, 19:45, said:

I think Rayburn makes a good point.
Laziness is our excuse into fooling ourselves into thinking we have done enough when in reality we know we haven't.
Procrastination and laziness go hand in hand.

Mike

Nod
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 02 December 2008 - 21:01

Intelligent animals are lazy as well. They can get even more lazy if they are being held in captivity.
Posted Image

#8 Zero

• 581 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 22:45

True, and we also get dumber; domesticated turkies have a brain mass 1/3 the of wild ones (or is it lose 1/3 of brain mass... can't remember). ALL animals are lazy, especially the "intelegent" ones that only have to sit and wait for their prey-some humans even eat and drink during the wait, especially if they have a sniper rifle capable of shooting from 1/4-1/2 of a mile away (a modern hunting rifle).
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:46

The title of this thread is spelled incorrectly. <--grammatically perfect sentence

Laziness is inhuman because it hinders our existence, it is not a part of human nature or we would all be dead.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users