Yuri returns?

71 replies to this topic

#51 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:23

I honestly would like to see a Yuri faction, most of his unit styles should be balanced out with the new navy and airforce that RA3 provides support for, except maybe for viruses.
C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

#52 Uber Daisy

• 536 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:20

Enough damage has been done to Yuri's reputation by the imbalanced, incomplete, unfixable RA2 expansion. If Yuri returns through some break in the timelines or whatever, I don't want him to be represented as anything more than a pawn of the Soviets.
Reactors Posted Image
Sensors Posted Image
Weapons systems Posted Image
All Systems Nominal.

#53 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:41

Considering Yuri's ability to mind control _anyone_ through that borked-up telephone...

The Premier stands no chance. RA2 will again repeat itself.
Posted Image

#54 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:02

NO MORE YURI, NOT EVEN IN A JAPANESE CONTEXT

*pun*

RA Universe has enough plot holes already. I don't want some mind-controlling madman with dinosaurs to pop in RA3, which already teeter totters on the edge of what I consider the uncanny.

As far as I have found with RA3, it's fun. I don't know so much about balance, but its buggy as hell and pathfinding seriously sucks. I have trouble loading infantry into Century Bombers half the time.

#55 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:50

View PostAZZKIKR, on 13 Dec 2008, 9:16, said:

Einstein came up with formula E=mc^2, which actually showed the world the power of a nuke

Well considering that Doctor Zelinsky looked up to Einstein and all, it could mean that he may have studied that formula and may be able to continue what Einstein left behind. Kinda like what FutureTech may have done to get their Chrono and Spectrum tech.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#56 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:58

Good point, good point. But it still does not account for the Empire of the Rising Sun, nor it would ensure the existence of Yuri.

#57 WARthog

Hog of War

• 992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:35

Please, for the love of god! NO MORE YURI!

That guy is a thing of the past (in our timeline not the RA timeline)!

I doubt that even EA is stupid enough to warm up this charachter instead of inventing something new.
And honestly when reflecting RA3 with all its new stuff i dont think that will happen.

Much rather should they introduce some new units and powers or even subfactions in the expansion pack and of course include a nice big campaign.
But not to repeat the mistake of Kanes Wrath and only continue one story would be a huge mistake.

However, with the 3 factions form RA3 and each with it's own ending, i wonder which one is considered canon....the Allies?

Does anyone btw think that another expansion for C&C3 would come out to continue the GDI and SCRIN campaign?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Glory to the HYPNO TOAD

Hedonismbot: I apologize for nothing!

#58 Red

Smell No Evil!!

• 581 posts
  • Projects: Nothing but posting...

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:03

Well EA said their going to give more "portion" or something to red alert 3 and never said anything about having a new faction in the expansion...

View PostWARthog, on 15 Dec 2008, 15:35, said:

Does anyone btw think that another expansion for C&C3 would come out to continue the GDI and SCRIN campaign?

I doubt EA is going to make another cnc3 expansion continuing GDI and SCRIN campaign... they were suppose to do that in Tiberium, until it was canceled and we all don't know what to Kane in the last scene of KW....

But lets not talk about it...

Edit:

View PostDaishi, on 14 Dec 2008, 14:20, said:

Enough damage has been done to Yuri's reputation by the imbalanced, incomplete, unfixable RA2 expansion. If Yuri returns through some break in the timelines or whatever, I don't want him to be represented as anything more than a pawn of the Soviets.

Imbalanced? Incomplete? Try this YR mod for a complete and balanced Yuri faction. :P

Edited by Red, 15 December 2008 - 10:15.

Fav. mod:
-SWR
-Contra
-Tiberium Essence

Got juice!?

#59 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:22

View PostWARthog, on 15 Dec 2008, 8:35, said:

I am really sure it was confirmed they are not going to make more expansions for C&C3
Posted Image

#60 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:34

View PostKiraSama, on 15 Dec 2008, 10:22, said:

View PostWARthog, on 15 Dec 2008, 8:35, said:

I am really sure it was confirmed they are not going to make more expansions for C&C3

For now. But yeah I was disappointed there was no extra storyline in KW for GDI and Scrin but the Nod Story was okay, however I am not sure if I wanna see Subfactions in RA3 Expansion, maybe Country Factions like RA1/RA2 had.
Posted Image

#61 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:05

Personally, I would like to see the return of those "resource enhancement" buildings in some form or another (though it could be said that Allies already have it as an upgrade).

#62 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:10

View PostAllStarZ, on 15 Dec 2008, 13:05, said:

Personally, I would like to see the return of those "resource enhancement" buildings in some form or another (though it could be said that Allies already have it as an upgrade).

unless the are some sort of civ buildings in the map i dont think they will see a return,all they effects are already ingame as "generals powers"
Posted Image

#63 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:49

The Allies have the free trade upgrade which increase money per ore load.
Posted Image

#64 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 23:41

View PostZhen, on 15 Dec 2008, 13:49, said:

Which is generally acquired by the time most of your ore nodes have been depleted. So 75 credits per load + 25% bonus = that's only around 94 credits.

If they want to make the upgrade a little more useful it should be placed earlier on the support power tree.
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#65 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:56

Atleast Yuri is better than Yuriko anyways :) If Yuri returns; it will be good for me, I liked his units!

#66 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:07

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 16 Dec 2008, 7:41, said:

View PostZhen, on 15 Dec 2008, 13:49, said:

Which is generally acquired by the time most of your ore nodes have been depleted. So 75 credits per load + 25% bonus = that's only around 94 credits.

If they want to make the upgrade a little more useful it should be placed earlier on the support power tree.

Never underestimate 25%. In ZH, USA's Supply Line upgrade only increased 10% in income, but it is still the first upgrade any good player buys once they get their Strategy Center up. Still, your point about the dried out Ore Nodes is probably valid, but I don't have RA3, so I can't be sure.

#67 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:10

To return back to the nukes: Did you actually play the soviet campaing?

Ladies and Gentlemen, you see there that the Proton collider bases on the same principle as a nuclear bomb.

Atomic cores being split by Proton bombardement, releasing more Protons , spliting more cores, releasing more Protons ...

EDIT: UCK! Protons not Neutrons *facedesk*

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 17 December 2008 - 12:10.

#68 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:38

There is a slight difference between neutron and/or proton bombardment of an isotope and nuclear or subatomic collision, you know. But the principle of separating an atom into subatomic parts, with the accompanying release of energy that entails, is much the same. I agree you couldn't have a collider without the nuclear theory which triggered an understanding of the fission and fusion processes (and, later, practical investigation of these processes) first.

...but wait! Do I detect a discussion that involves real life, sense, logic and level-headed analysis related in a non-negative way to Red Alert 3?

Edited by CommanderJB, 17 December 2008 - 12:39.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 17 December 2008 - 16:06

I will personally rip off the ballz of each and every person who works for EA and their families too if they bring back Yuri. Yuri sucked. End of discussion. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.

Edited by Prophet of the Pimps, 17 December 2008 - 16:06.

Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#70 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 17 December 2008 - 16:54

@ Prophet: Yuri in Yuri's Revenge.
He was interesting in RA2 as a single Soviet unit/hero (except you could build many :) )

Also, Trivia: Tiberium is a massive proton lattice due to exotic heavy particles 8|
Posted Image

#71 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 19:42

No, Tiberium is a Fucking plant. That sucks up minerals out of the ground, and created toxic (and I think also radioactive) crystals that release a limited ammount of spores into the air. If they infect a tree, it might mutate into a spore tree, that keeps on spitting out spores.

Not some heavy proton pile of bullcrap.

And, Propet: Yuri was kind of fun in YR (specially if you had a clone vat :))

#72 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 17 December 2008 - 19:49

Tiberium was never a plant even in TD. It's a mineral from outer space but it behaves like a plant and even looks like one.
Posted Image

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users