Zero Hour Battleships

3 replies to this topic

#1 Runawaybox

• 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:44

The design has a main battery of 2 turrets, and by the standard of WWII, when battleships were at their peak, it is a very weak design. My cat, Skot, is present in one of the pictures. I know the color is messy, but my Legos are so mixed that I cannot hope to fix the colorful problem. Also present in this post is a screen shot from the shellmap for quick comparison of my model versus the in-game ZH battleship

Attached File(s)

Edited by Runawaybox, 04 January 2009 - 03:51.

#2 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:40

Looks pretty good, despite the rainbow of colors present. You could also try designing it a bit better in Lego Digital Designer if you have it, and then you can buy your custom set directly from Lego if you stay within a certain set of bricks.

The model itself looks very good, you replicated the details of the radar dish and the turrets nicely.

-Jordan
C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

#3 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:19

As a big LEGO fan myself (or at least a former one - I rarely tinker with it these days, though I still enjoy it occasionally) that's a really impressive job. The only suggestions I'd have would be to try and replicate a bit of the detailing on the decks (such as grilles, more pronounced funnels, that sort of thing) in order to maximise visual interest, and while it doesn't look fantastic in technicolour, believe me when I say I've been there myself and know exactly why anything else is pretty much impossible (colour matching always used to be a bonus rather than a goal).

Edited by CommanderJB, 04 January 2009 - 05:19.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Z_mann

Professional

• 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 04 January 2009 - 15:31

Cool :P
Posted Image

Posted Image

Science is magic, only complicated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic