Command Vehicles

1 reply to this topic

#1 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:30

I've been image hunting for pictures of CCVs, (Command and Control Vehicles for those who don't know) and so far have only gotten the Stryker Varient, the FCS concept, and the occasional BTR80. All I'm asking is what sort of dedicated CCVs are out there, and for pictures of the same. Largely since I'd like to do some more modding, and have seen some interesting designs in End War, and would like to use those as a base (if only people would post any screens they get)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#2 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:58

Generally speaking they're pretty uninteresting; most command vehicle versions are the base model with an extra three or four radio antennae to be honest. It depends on exactly what you mean by a CCV; there are very few vehicles whose only purpose is to direct a battle, rather you'll mostly find a variant of a vehicle combat group's model (often at a regimental or battalion level) which is optimised with better sights and communication equipment (for example, BMP-3Ks, T-80UKs and a couple of variants of the Spartan series of APCs that I can't remember the names for because they all look identical). I'll dig up what I can though.

Well, here's an interesting one to start with: Raytheon's M2C2 Mobile Command Vehicle. As you can see, it's pretty much a Humvee stuffed with antennae. Still this was a Marine programme, though I've no idea whether it came to fruition. Also apologies but that seems to be the only picture of it in existence, tiny though it is.
Posted Image

Here's the British one I was talking about:
Posted Image
It's actually the FV105 Alvis Sultan Armoured Command Vehicle and is fairly rare in that it is a completely dedicated ACV, with nary a machine gun. Shame it's just a box really.

Here's the GAZ-39371 Shtabnoi, which is the CCV version of the Russian Vodnik ATV:
Posted Image

These are interesting looking things (they're obviously mobile radar rather than a CCV but hey, design inspiration can come from anywhere, right?):
http://163.29.207.52...0919_172106.jpg
They're from Taiwan and I have absolutely no idea what they're called.

Edited by CommanderJB, 05 January 2009 - 08:15.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users