14 replies to this topic

#1 Cattman2236

Freelance Photoshop Artist

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts
  • Projects: Massive Destruction: First Encounter

Posted 03 February 2009 - 21:52

Howdy everyone,
It`s been waaaaaay to long. Anyways i`m looking for some constructive (i can`t stress that enough) critiszm on my iPhone theme im doing for myself and a few lads back at my old Regiment. Let me know if you like the icons (if so which, being Ribbons of British Army medals, or items like the compass). Anywho i`ll be around here for a while if you fancy catching up.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 03 February 2009 - 21:57

I would try to get the icons to be glossier just to be more "iPhoney" and possibly a simpler background? Remember, Apple revels in simplicity.
Posted Image

#3 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 22:07

Amigo!!! You return. Good to see your ugly mug again!! We'll have to catch up on MSN when you're free.

As for the phone theme, not bad, but you need more depth in the badges. I have some brilliant Apple style tutorials you could try if you want would really fit the iPhone. The BG is ok, but needs more depth to. I know they are your camos but they do need some shading. The compass rocks though.

#4 Cattman2236

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 22:14

Well i was thinking of dong the buttons with the Ribbons, like as you see on the settings i have the R.E.M.E (Engineers, settings lol). But i do agree with the "more" glossy idea though. To be honest i have given up with this theme and gone back to it several times now...it`s becming a pain, So if anyone fancies a challenge lol.

Good to see you to Wizard...In celebration here is a pic of me as Brehznev:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 22:46

Also, the weather sock is hard to see against the background. Maybe include a bit of sky for it on the button?

Posted Image

#6 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 03 February 2009 - 22:58

View PostWizard, on 3 Feb 2009, 17:07, said:

Amigo!!! You return. Good to see your ugly mug again!! We'll have to catch up on MSN when you're free.

As for the phone theme, not bad, but you need more depth in the badges. I have some brilliant Apple style tutorials you could try if you want would really fit the iPhone. The BG is ok, but needs more depth to. I know they are your camos but they do need some shading. The compass rocks though.

About what he said. WB, too. Oh, and a link to those tuts would be nice Wiz xD. Also, Catt, do you need Cydia to apply these?
kinda, sorta alive.

#7 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 03 February 2009 - 23:00

sweet, does it work on itouches?
Attached Image

#8 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:15

Kick me in the bollocks! I actually didn't see this thread until now. Good to have you back, mate. I sent you a PM just moments ago. Sorry I
couldn't talk to you earlier this week. I guess my sleeping habits are a little obstructive at times. Looking forward to talking to you soon!

As for your iPhone theme, I do like what I see. Granted, I never understood the craze about all the i-stuff but it's a cool idea.
Little suggestion: As it has been said already, the weather icon is a little hard to see. I suggest either making the part with the actual windsock a little bigger by shortening the pole or adding a background to the image. That way, it also fits the other icons.

Posted Image
Just a little visualisation to make it clearer.

Edited by Rayburn, 06 February 2009 - 11:54.

#9 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 13:37

It's a nice theme, I give it to you, but the background is over-the-top in my opinion. Take something more simple if you want to divert attention to the icons.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#10 Cattman2236

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 23:24

Quick update before i go and play force unleashed, This is W.I.P as i still have not managed to get new icons etc etc but the whole runs smoothly seeing as there is only a few colours to deal with. Anyway opinions if you please, Rayburn before i forget mate i`ll catch up with you tomorrow dude:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 23:28

Looks very sleek and simple. Simple is good btw.

Posted Image

#12 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:08

I like the new background. The DPM wasn't a bad idea but it ended up disrupting the icon titles a bit. This one's more visible; add a few custom icons at we're set :sly:

Also, I'm seeing an SNES emulator 8|

Gonna try to be on MSN today. Talk to you soon, mate!

Edited by Rayburn, 12 February 2009 - 09:36.

#13 Cattman2236

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 20:53

View PostRayburn, on 12 Feb 2009, 8:08, said:

Also, I'm seeing an SNES emulator :P

Hey you try doing 12hr shifts and not getting bored lol. Anyway here is a quick update, It`s almost done just need to make a few more icons for the apps i bought and all is well:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 12 February 2009 - 20:57

Awesome job on the icons mate!!
Posted Image

#15 Cattman2236

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 21:00

View PostScope, on 12 Feb 2009, 20:57, said:

Awesome job on the icons mate!!

Thanks but i did not make some of them, Mostly just used google images (god i love google), and a few iPhone modding sites to look for icons. But it is getting there though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users