Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 news

569 replies to this topic

#1 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:45

Another minuscule report, from TeamXbox this time:

A now removed entry in the New York Comic Con show exclusives pages has revealed Electronic Arts' plans to announced a new Battlefield game at the expo.

EA has already confirmed a sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company is in the works, but this is a different title. It seems EA plans to go back again to the WWII era as the page mentioned above revealed that EA will give away "Battlefield 1943: Pacific Postcards" at 4:00 pm on Friday, February 6th.

It would appear that this is the Battlefield 3 that's been talked about for so long. If so... damn. Sorry, but I haven't got a single neuron in my brain which is at all excited about the World War II setting. Why can't they make it a time span which actually hasn't been done to death, then necromanced and done again uncountable times over? Something like the Korean War or even (IMO much better) a 1980s Cold-War-gone-hot FPS would be so much more interesting and offer so much more scope for delivering players something that's actually exciting and new.

Edited by CommanderJB, 23 May 2009 - 05:29.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:50

EA making a sequel to an already proven popular game?

Never!

Also a casualty of the 'because I said so' numbering system.

Edited by RaiDK, 05 February 2009 - 07:51.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#3 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:53

What a waste! Seriously, WW2 is over and done with and we don't need yet ANOTHER shooter! Oh well, apparently game developers still can't let go of the comfortable black and white morality and encouraging the players to accept another, possibly more subtly evil villain than those blood sucking fascists of the pasts seems to be too much to ask for...

Edited by Rayburn, 05 February 2009 - 07:54.

#4 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:08

Oh fking hell, make BF3 already

Agreed with rayburn

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:34

They run out of ' imagination ' I think, I personally will not touch these games unless they make something completely new!

#6 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:54

I think they should stop screwing around with that console only Bad Company bollocks and start doing BF3 already.

BF2 was the most critically acclaimed entry in the series. [check here] Why do they insist on going back to flog WWII when they can just build off the huge success of BF2?

Edited by deltaepsilon, 05 February 2009 - 08:58.

----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#7 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:31

because they apparently think they can flog a huge success on more WWII.

#8 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:20

The only game that really needs a remake is BF:V. Seriousl Vietnam had the potential but due to EA's great work of making a Vietnam mod out of BF1942 just didnt gave it justice.
Posted Image

#9 TunguskaM1

Regular

• Project Team
  • 187 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:26

Trailer.
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/

#10 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:33

Sweet trailer :D.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#11 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:38

Not interested.

-Rorschach

#12 TunguskaM1

Regular

• Project Team
  • 187 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:40

Well, its understandable. There are just too many WW2 games. I will get this one, since with destruction this is a totaly different experience.

#13 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:44

Edit - no, wait, apparently GameSpot had it wrong and 1943 is coming to PC after all. At least that's what EA are saying, and they should probably know.

Edited by CommanderJB, 05 February 2009 - 21:48.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:45

Whack job.

Edited by DrugKoala, 05 February 2009 - 21:46.

Requiescat in pace, James.

18.11.1991. REMEMBER VUKOVAR!

#15 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:49

View PostCommanderJB, on 6 Feb 2009, 7:44, said:

Also important to note is the fact that this one is apparently now the console exclusive. Not that it really needed another nail in its coffin for me, but there it is anyway.

I often wonder how they make decisions like this. I think Yahtzee hit the nail on the head with the 'dart board with post it notes' theory.

#16 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 22:23

Even though it apparently isn't after all, it's certainly beginning to feel a bit like that, yes...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Lizzie

• 1364 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 00:12

Oh yay ... another WW2 FPS. Great.

"Oh please sir may I have some more?" ring any bells?
- E.A.B
My escape route goes through the enemy.
Posted Image

#18 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:09

This is clearly not a AAA title. Its in the same camp as battlefield heroes, a downloadable game not sold in stores.

#19 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:33

Enough with WWII! We need a Civil war, or Medieval Based Battlefield game! That would be pretty awesome.

DO IT NAO!
Formerly Sobek

#20 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:51

View PostSobek, on 5 Feb 2009, 20:33, said:

Enough with WWII! We need a Civil war, or Medieval Based Battlefield game! That would be pretty awesome.

DO IT NAO!

NO at least not for Battlefield. I think WWI might be a good setting for Battlefield as it would be rather repetitive for a CoD style FPS.
Posted Image

#21 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:54

View PostTehKiller, on 5 Feb 2009, 21:20, said:

The only game that really needs a remake is BF:V. Seriousl Vietnam had the potential but due to EA's great work of making a Vietnam mod out of BF1942 just didnt gave it justice.

that is so true and BFV is the best one they made in my opinion but a battle field cold war game would be sweet XD

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#22 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:26

Battlefield 1989 for the win!
*Dreams of Battlefield and World in Conflict uniting...*

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:37

I'd buy a BF1989. :D

Unlike with RTSs, Cold War-Gone-Hot games aren't quite as typical in the FPS genre.

-Rorschach

#24 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:37

I'd also buy it. Granted, ANYthing is better than WW2 by now, even the generic B-movie
style 'US special forces vs. culturally ambiguous terrorists without a cause'-kind of storyline.

Edited by Rayburn, 06 February 2009 - 06:38.

#25 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 13:07

Well just make it a bunch of factions BF1942 or PR style(u kno....they have like a dozen of factions and in case of PR different conflicts aswell). Make the factions have a unique style and u got one hell of a Cold War game
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users