C&C: Global Domination

29 replies to this topic

#1 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 17:18

Command and Conquer Generals: Global Domination
Posted Image
Have you ever wanted to play the bad guy in the movies? Do you ever wonder what would it be like to witness the works of evil and ruthless dictators from around the world all in one epic tale. Well Global Domination should prove to be a fun and exciting modification. When you take the reigns of powerful leaders like Kim Jong Il, Mussolini and many others. Pick your army that matches strategy and battle evil empires and good forces located around the globe for complete and utter control. With five main factions fighting to dictate the world, one one question remains? Who is ready for domination?

Global Domination started out as a small project between a group of my friends that were interested in making a mod. We started with small changes, units and ideas and it ended up expanding to a brilliant mod idea. My position in the team was producer, writer and basically just devise the plot, factions, units and upgrades that make GD what it is. Recently our team underwent some bad news, the guy who was running the mod lost most of our work when his stupid computer malfunctioned. So basically, i didn't want this plan/idea to go to waste. If anyone is interested in working on making a mod like this or would like to know details then please feel free to message me. Like I said, i am just the writer and lack the technical skills required to put this mod back together. But I know a lot of people here do great work with modifications and if anyone is interested let me know.

Factions:

As the world slips into the "Dark Side", five evil armies arise under the control of the worlds most powerful dictators. Each faction uses their own deadly techniques in battle and have access to a arsenal of new technology and weaponry. These evil empires are out for one thing, money, power and control.

Axis Of Evil: The Axis of Evil is the central dictatorship of Europe. Under the leadership of politician and commander Massimo Mussolini, this state has one of the most evil and tyrannical military operations. With the use of propaganda, interrogation, and sheer military force, the Axis of Evil is always planning and devising a plan for world domination.

Cobra Command: The Cobra Command is a villainous mercenary organization that operations in different countries around the world. Under the leadership of the legendary Cobra Commando, they use only the most diabolical and brilliant tactics to gain power and wealth. Cobra Command specializes in mind control, cloning technology, cybernetics and genetics. They use this to create their forces and suppress the other factions.

Trafia Military:
The Trafian military is a brutal military faction located in the deserts and barren wasteland of the middle east. Under the control of President Col. Razir, the state of Trafia stops at nothing to support their cause. With the use of Blackmail, terrorism, torture and military swiftness, the Trafia Military attempts to destroy democracy and spread their evil to the west.

Destro Corporation: Destro Corporation started off as a western military and weapons manufacturer and dealer. After the third world war the globe was left in ruins and everything began to unravel. For Destro Corp. the increased military activity around the world was great for business as they sold their weaponry to every faction involved. Now Destro Corp. has grown to new heights and has employed their own military forces and are looking for their slice of the action. Under the leadership of Mr.Destro himself, no one knows what to expect from this technologically advanced faction as they make their moves.

Peoples Liberation Army: The People Liberation Army is the most isolated and vile faction of them all. Located in North Korea, this military has the most brutal and fearful social system.

Villains: Just how every team fighting for peace has their hero, every evil empire has a villain. These Villains will replace Jarmen Kell, Col. Burton and Black Lotus. Each faction has a distinct villain that has unique evil powers.

Click for more information:Global Domination Page
Help Wanted. Post or PM.

Edited by Massimo, 01 March 2009 - 04:40.

#2 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 28 February 2009 - 17:35

Anything to show besides the story?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#3 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 18:10

i have to go through my folders. anything i have will include sketches, pictures and models. everything of value is pretty much destroyed...so im basically starting from scratch. its a bummer

I will post a more detailed description with more information but i dont want to waste my time if no one is interested..But when we were working on it, it was turning out to be pretty sweet. we had one faction done and working. The leader of the team replaced the GLA, China and all the generals with these new factions. I know he left the USA faction open and that was the only faction still running. Some units from the GLA and chinese sides were scraped into other factions. And others were replaced by new skins...It was a interesting project I really think it would be a popular mod

#4 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 18:56

Good luck with this and please learn to use the "edit" button when making additional comments, we make it big enough for bats to see.

#5 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 19:38

Ok sorry about that. So how might I go about brining this mod to coming about? I really liked the idea and the units we had planned were awesome. It sounds more complicated then it really is and I just am looking for someone or a group of people who shares interest in the idea and has skills to make it work.? Feel free to fill me in on how this works...

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 20:49

If you want my honest opinion, learn the skills [modelling, coding, skinning] yourself. No project will work properly without it's leader having these skills. A team should compliment what you have, not carry out your ideas.

#7 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 20:53

Wiz is very much right here unless the leader can do everything the project becomes so much harder since you become reliant on other people. It may take you a long time but this is by far and away the best method.

#8 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:38

Well see the thing is Im not the leader. I just want someone to take the story, units and information from me and make it their project or something. I am not the leader of this mod. Im just looking to help make a fun mod and i really wanted this one to work out because i thought it would be cool and popular for players and fans..ya know

#9 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:41

So, you ant someone o make the mod for you.

I can you you this now, it ain't gonan happen.
Posted Image

#10 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:58

The problem is as a community, the modding community has thousands of good ideas but only hundreds of skilled modders. If you want to play a new modification you have to make it. Otherwise its down to the modders to choose what they make.

#11 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:04

View PostDauth, on 1 Mar 2009, 9:58, said:

The problem is as a community, the modding community has thousands of good ideas but only hundreds of 10 skilled modders and even less good coders and skinners. If you want to play a new modification you have to make it. Otherwise its down to the modders to choose what they make.

Fixed

And this is without talking about finding the time to actually make the mod.

#12 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:17

View PostWizard, on 1 Mar 2009, 11:04, said:

The problem is as a community, the modding community has thousands of good ideas but only hundreds of 10 skilled modders and even less good coders and skinners. If you want to play a new modification you have to make it. Otherwise its down to the modders to choose what they make.

Fixed

This is your morning wakeup from wizardofnoz FM. Harsh but true.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 01 March 2009 - 16:44

View PostInsomniac!, on 1 Mar 2009, 12:17, said:

View PostWizard, on 1 Mar 2009, 11:04, said:

Fixed

This is your morning wakeup from wizardofnoz FM. Harsh but true.

Only to an extent. There are plenty more people out there capable of adding single units or missions, new music tracks, reskins, whatever. However, a big problem people have is totally underestimating the sheer volume of work needed for a TC. The storyline/concept art/unit planning/PR is nowhere near a significant contribution to the total output needed, and anyone who thinks they can lead a mod doing just that is doomed to fail. Even if you manage to recruit the moderately skilled people mentioned above, you will still grind to a halt (within the month) because none of these recruited people are dedicated enough. If you need other people to help with the core volume of work, they really need to have been involved in the planning stage from the beginning to have a hope of not getting bored.

#14 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 17:30

I understand, I wish I knew how to do the work required. My hopes are that someone would like the Idea and possibly adopt it to their own team or whatever or even just try to make some type of community mod and see what happens with it? I guess Im kinda stuck lol.

#15 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 01 March 2009 - 19:06

My advice: start working on it, until you come to a point you really need help from someone else to continue, and then ask for help :P
Posted Image

#16 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 19:40

yeah but lol i have no idea where to start or what to do. I need like a mod mentor or something

#17 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 19:59

Start modding the units from the existing game. You'll learn much from that.
Posted Image

#18 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 20:04

easier said then done for me. is there some program or way to learn the basics?

I have just downloaded TibEd 2. Im not sure how to use it though

Edited by Massimo, 01 March 2009 - 20:11.

#19 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 20:29

Note: never use programs like that. Grab some software to extract the ini files, look at the tutorials here, and try some stuff.
Posted Image

#20 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 20:30

k thanks. whats the easiest and best software for that

#21 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 01 March 2009 - 20:38

FinalBig to extract.

Notepad to edit the .ini files.
Posted Image

#22 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 20:41

dang...notepad...thats some serious technology lol

#23 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 01 March 2009 - 20:42

U can use a more advanced text editor if you want to.
Posted Image

#24 Massimo

Regular

• 153 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 20:45

ok i just downloaded it. what .big files will I edit the units in and such?

#25 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 20:55

Open them up and have a butchers is the best advice we can offer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users