←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Black Hole Ability

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 24 Mar 2009

this one will be familiar if u check the funny and strange moments forum. but Jordan having problems with his PC and people with crashing screens cuz of USA microwave tanks made a Idea with me. a Generals power that would let the ground disapear for some seconds, letting all forces fall trough and dieing. it will be bigger area per upgrade (not to big thou, because letting someones Command center fall trough the earth isn't cool).Posted Image

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 24 Mar 2009

Doesn't sound codeable I'm afraid

G-sus's Photo G-sus 24 Mar 2009

nah, doesnt really.
but very very theoretically, couldnt you just add a death type "black hole´d" to every unit, which is the animation of each unit falling down into black ground?
well even if it works, what about the stuff that stays there, like tank hulls ect....

Jazzie Spurs's Photo Jazzie Spurs 24 Mar 2009

View PostScope, on 24 Mar 2009, 22:04, said:

Doesn't sound codeable I'm afraid

Right... It's a Sage bug, or a Graphics Card bug, can not be codeable as far as I know.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 24 Mar 2009

dang... but, isnt it possible to just let em fall down ? u would only have to make the screen higher and steal the falling effect from the bullfrog of RA3. after time they fall in niveau1 water, and they autodie.

G-sus's Photo G-sus 24 Mar 2009

...that is the uncodeable part.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 25 Mar 2009

View PostG-sus, on 24 Mar 2009, 22:21, said:

nah, doesnt really.
but very very theoretically, couldnt you just add a death type "black hole´d" to every unit, which is the animation of each unit falling down into black ground?
well even if it works, what about the stuff that stays there, like tank hulls ect....

but well... back to this then, it sounds funny. seeing that all the tanks (Hell big ATM) fall down, but that trees and stuff like it stays floating :locky:

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 26 Mar 2009

An idea that might be worth checking: give a weapon a large shockwave, but set the blast strength to negative. With any luck, this will make it an implosion instead... perfect for black hole stuff!

G-sus's Photo G-sus 26 Mar 2009

*remembers suggesting something like that for another mod and seing that getting shot down due uncodeability*

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 27 Mar 2009

isn't it possible to steal some codes from RA3? cuz the mammoth of RA3 has a magnetic harpoon and grinder threads. u tug in a vehicle and *BOOM*.

*gets another idea for the forum*

what if we made it the airplane effect. i remember Contra of the big planes. and the transport plane to drop infants. this is coded in C&C itsself. but what if we use the chutes to the infants and tanks, and u see them just gliding down on them?

CJ's Photo CJ 27 Mar 2009

It's already not possible to 'steal' code from C&C 3, SAGE engine evolves from a game to another you know 8|
The only EA Games.. games (duh, this sentence makes nonsense) that have [partially] compatible codes are C&C Generals and Lotr : BFME

For the Black Hole, I think it would be possible to create one like the Scrin's one in C&C 3 but even if it works, I'll look weird with the damaged conditions of the buildings in ZH, and like G-sus said : The tank hulks and Infantry corpses...

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 27 Mar 2009

thats the funny part!

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 28 Mar 2009

Also, hulks and infantry death can be regulated through DeathTypes.

pirate's Photo pirate 29 Mar 2009

View PostCodeCat, on 27 Mar 2009, 1:25, said:

An idea that might be worth checking: give a weapon a large shockwave, but set the blast strength to negative. With any luck, this will make it an implosion instead... perfect for black hole stuff!

if that would have worked, sooooo much cool things could have been made....

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 29 Mar 2009

View Postpirate, on 29 Mar 2009, 20:01, said:

View PostCodeCat, on 27 Mar 2009, 1:25, said:

if that would have worked, sooooo much cool things could have been made....

that.