What do you expect from Dawn of War 2 expansion pack ?

39 replies to this topic

#26 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 20:17

Here some stuff I found about Imperial Guard while browsing the DOWII Worldbuilder :

Posted Image

Most of them obviously not in the game :P

#27 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 02 August 2009 - 20:25

From that screenshot, it would appear they implanted some resources for the IG (perhaps suggesting that they'll be in the expansion). The "zombie" IG, could be the death FX.

Hellgun, Chainsword, Laspistol, and Lasgun, not to mention the necessary equipment to outfit a regular guardsman and a Sgt. It's good to see the random heads though. It suggests that not every guardsman in a squad is going to look the same.
Posted Image

#28 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 21:25

Well the IG appear in game so those are just the basic models they've already used. I certainly wouldn't think much about them in terms of the expansion.

#29 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 21:33

Well, its the same game we've played but IG don't have some of these in game, so how came you say all of them already present in game, what we see in game is same type guardsmen with one kind of weapon and a sergeant.

#30 chef21090

• 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 15:30

View PostGeneral, on 1 Apr 2009, 8:32, said:

Yes I remember there was 4 planets but one of its population down suddenly to zero, maybe we should see some more explanation on it.

umm yea that 4th planet was cyrene which was infested by chaos and purged y population went to zero also i think that wat ever legion or army that u choose before game should play to there strenghths and if u create a legion u can choose wat they are good at for example the salamanders legion should be stronger with thunder hammers and flamers as they are and so they are named becasue in the table top game they all start with master crafted flamers which are stronger and if u played as the ulthwe eldar they are primal and better at melee and so they should be stronger that say biel-tan in close combat

#31 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 15:48

View PostTurian, on 2 Aug 2009, 22:33, said:

Well, its the same game we've played but IG don't have some of these in game, so how came you say all of them already present in game, what we see in game is same type guardsmen with one kind of weapon and a sergeant.

What I meant was that the Imperial Guard are already in game so don't get to worked up about them. Those models you found are possibly just idiscarded or unused variants. Given the sheer size required for an IG squad to be effective in this game those few models wouldn't be enough anyway.

#32 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 19:28

View Postchef21090, on 20 Aug 2009, 17:30, said:

Yes I remember there was 4 planets but one of its population down suddenly to zero, maybe we should see some more explanation on it.

umm yea that 4th planet was cyrene which was infested by chaos and purged y population went to zero also i think that wat ever legion or army that u choose before game should play to there strenghths and if u create a legion u can choose wat they are good at for example the salamanders legion should be stronger with thunder hammers and flamers as they are and so they are named becasue in the table top game they all start with master crafted flamers which are stronger and if u played as the ulthwe eldar they are primal and better at melee and so they should be stronger that say biel-tan in close combat

Thats what I want to see aswell but I don't think so they will ever make it. Also where do you learn it was infested by chaos ? Gabriel Angelos said : '' Secrets of Cyrene dies with me '' so noone should know it or its written in codexes of original warhammer ?

I now think Chaos will be introduced because as Tyranids scattered, shadow in the warp must be lifted, if shadow lifted then Chaos will notice whats going on in the sector and will hop in, if they not bring Chaos back that will be a big mistake for Relic anyways.

Edited by Gabriel Angelos, 20 August 2009 - 19:29.

#33 chef21090

• 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 17:17

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 20 Aug 2009, 19:28, said:

Thats what I want to see aswell but I don't think so they will ever make it. Also where do you learn it was infested by chaos ? Gabriel Angelos said : '' Secrets of Cyrene dies with me '' so noone should know it or its written in codexes of original warhammer ?

I now think Chaos will be introduced because as Tyranids scattered, shadow in the warp must be lifted, if shadow lifted then Chaos will notice whats going on in the sector and will hop in, if they not bring Chaos back that will be a big mistake for Relic anyways.

u learn it in the second mission of the original dawn of war game gabriel says that cyrene was my home world my responsability and then later on when the inquisitor joins the game and say that gabriel ordered an exterminatus the death of every last man woman and child on the planet

#34 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 17:21

View Postchef21090, on 21 Aug 2009, 19:17, said:

u learn it in the second mission of the original dawn of war game gabriel says that cyrene was my home world my responsability and then later on when the inquisitor joins the game and say that gabriel ordered an exterminatus the death of every last man woman and child on the planet

Ye I know but it doesn't says ' why ? ' does it ?

#35 Ixonoclast

Amateur

• 103 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 18:06

I'm hoping for a plot like Iron Sky.

SPOILER

The Iron Warriors infect a Tyranid Hiveship with a technovirus, that begins to mutate the Hiveship in a biomechanical creature. The Iron Warriors than cut open the belly of the beast and install giant doors, and use it to transport Titans.

SPOILER

That would be awesome.

Edited by Ixonoclast, 21 August 2009 - 18:07.

Posted Image

#36 chef21090

• 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 19:48

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 21 Aug 2009, 17:21, said:

View Postchef21090, on 21 Aug 2009, 19:17, said:

Ye I know but it doesn't says ' why ? ' does it ?

ye it says in the books y becasue a strong chaos taint had infected every one of the inhabitants and that was the only course of action that could be done

#37 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 28 August 2009 - 16:10

Last Stand Trailer

NIIIIIIIIIIIDS!

Need to remember to pick this up at some point

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 16:30

Certainly didn't see this coming :sly: The whole community has been hankering after a new playable faction or Eldar/Ork campaigns so to see a new game mode is probably going to be a something of an anticlimax.

That said, nice to see them thinking differently, however, why the hell have their paired up a Mekboy, Farseer and Assault Marine? Surely the Warboss, Farseer & Force Commander would've been a better bet.... Glad to see it's free though so not all bad.

Good spot Pav3d, thanks. And you should get it. It's not DoW I but it's still a playable game.

#39 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 17:23

View PostWizard, on 28 Aug 2009, 18:30, said:

Certainly didn't see this coming :sly: The whole community has been hankering after a new playable faction or Eldar/Ork campaigns so to see a new game mode is probably going to be a something of an anticlimax.

Community will get what they want, but in a '' fee-payed'' expansion |8 And this will take some time...

Great to see they still support DOW II for free :sly: Nowadays most companies thinking about creating a game and making a sequel to it shortly after, though not every company is like that.

#40 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 29 August 2009 - 21:51

View PostPav3d, on 28 Aug 2009, 12:10, said:

Last Stand Trailer

NIIIIIIIIIIIDS!

Need to remember to pick this up at some point

An interesting note, you can customize your selected character :duh:.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users