Generals II speculation/discussion

210 replies to this topic

#1 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:27

http://au.pc.ign.com...5/965843p1.html
The relevant quote from Mike Verdu being:
"Don't be surprised to see another installment of Generals 2 at some point in the future, but certainly nothing to talk about just yet."
It really isn't anything surprising TBH, but I'll be interested to see what they have in store. Still I'll be content to wait for a bit, especially given as I'll probably have to buy a new computer for it when it arrives.

Edited by CommanderJB, 25 March 2009 - 06:28.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Comrade Sanders

Regular

• 192 posts
  • Projects: getting attention (epic fail). Protesting against PeTA.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:35

its comforting to know of another Generals game but i cant say much about this unless i know more about it.

#3 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:51

without GLA and China, Generals would not be Generals ! I hope they not forget to add these :locky:

Edited by General, 25 March 2009 - 06:52.

#4 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:34

This is known since October of last year as everyone who purchased the Premier Edition of Red Alert 3 knows and the news broke soon after.

IGN fails for reporting this as a new development.

#5 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:57

It is, inevitable

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:43

The new C&C game will be announced this summer, it's either Gens 2 or C&C4 (A dev hinted a few days ago about a new tiberium game)
Posted Image

#7 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:55

If it's a C&C4 I'm sure peeps who haet KW will start screaming liek hateboys. On the other hand...I hope they don't bork Gens II. Need mah Granger, if he's still alive. Better give it the best of both worlds, from the SAGE and RNA engines.
Posted Image

#8 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:57

View PostZhen, on 25 Mar 2009, 12:43, said:

(A dev hinted a few days ago about a new tiberium game)

i am the only one waiting for a Renegade 2? maybe they started from scrach after the tiberium one? maybe? can i dream please? ;_;
Posted Image

#9 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:01

Renegade 2 was in development but it was scrapped soon after, it was using the Red Alert scenario however basing the Soviets. It's unlikely a new C&C FPS game will be made. (Unless EA resumes Tiberium it was looking good tbh)
Posted Image

#10 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:05

View PostZhen, on 25 Mar 2009, 13:01, said:

Renegade 2 was in development but it was scrapped soon after, it was using the Red Alert scenario however basing the Soviets. It's unlikely a new C&C FPS game will be made. (Unless EA resumes Tiberium it was looking good tbh)

they should still make a C&C in another genre(even when many people will scream to the heavens if they do), because its the only way i can see them leting mods to reproduce instead of releasing another game
Posted Image

#11 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:11

If anything, I'd like to see a sequel to Generals. TW/KW were flat-out forgettable and even though RA3 was actually quite decent, it doesn't really interest me any more. Let's just hope they stick to the mood and style of the original Generals rather than making it super-gritty or super-wacky. Here's hoping they'll also come up with a coherent storyline rather than an unconnected series of scenarios ripped from post-9/11 news headlines...

Edited by Rayburn, 25 March 2009 - 12:12.

#12 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 25 March 2009 - 13:21

I wouldn't mind the russians being in generals but in a more serious tone than in RA3
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#13 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 25 March 2009 - 14:00

View PostAZZKIKR, on 25 Mar 2009, 9:21, said:

I wouldn't mind the russians being in generals but in a more serious tone than in RA3

That would be good. Also wouldn't mind the EU being in there as well.

Not sure how well I would take it if they didn't add those. I mean, I just don't really see any other good factions out there.

#14 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 14:16

Well, I don't know if Israel, India, Japan, N/S. Korea or Switzerland's Navy :locky: would be suitable. Who knows, they might make it USA-China-GLA again, heh heh. Though Russia and the EU are pretty promising since besides the USA, the EU and Russia are practically the most common words when there's talk of wargames.

*Looks at Antarctica* Now you don't guessing Battleicebergs and sonic King Penguins, do you?
Posted Image

#15 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 25 March 2009 - 14:20

antarctica ain't a country, but, war polar bears? hmmm
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#16 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 14:40

View PostZhen, on 25 Mar 2009, 11:43, said:

Source?

If this is true then I may well give it a miss. It seems to be too close in proximity to the release of the last title, though, so somehow I doubt it.

Edited by Stinger, 25 March 2009 - 15:00.

#17 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 14:55

View PostStinger, on 25 Mar 2009, 14:40, said:

View PostZhen, on 25 Mar 2009, 11:43, said:

Source?

If this is true then I may well give it a miss. It seems to be in too close in proximity to the release of the last title, though, so somehow I doubt it.

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum...t/15/11341.page

Still a bit early for a new tiberium game though.
Posted Image

#18 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 16:27

Isn't realy any new Info I'd say.
Atleast it's good to know that they will make it some day for sure.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#19 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 25 March 2009 - 16:46

I'd buy a new generals, but skip a new tiberium one. Although I'm not sure if the modability we enjoyed in generals will be back...

#20 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 17:00

Since the SDK for Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 have not been released I am not optimistic about the future of Command & Conquer modding.

Edited by Stinger, 25 March 2009 - 17:13.

#21 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 25 March 2009 - 18:08

Why do I have the strange idea that even if EA makes Generals II very good some ppl will still not like it because it has 'EA' on the box :locky:
Posted Image

#22 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 18:38

View PostDutchygamer, on 25 Mar 2009, 19:08, said:

Why do I have the strange idea that even if EA makes Generals II very good some ppl will still not like it because it has 'EA' on the box :locky:

It's not that (atleast not for me), but if they keep continuing releasing Games so quickly (and cutting features like in Uprising) the future just isn't looking good ...

... especially not if the next Game is about Tiberium and freakin' Kane again.

I think I'll stick with the others and pass on that then.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#23 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 19:04

Fun fact; Uprising was based on community votes that 70% of the C&C community plays single player.

Uprising didn't have many cut features, aside from a few scrapped units and multiplayer but that doesn't matter, You do NOT need Multiplayer to enjoy a game, they're simply doing what Westwood did with RA1, Besides they brought back RA2 ideas and the Red Alert button.

Why not have another tiberium game? That's the only series in the franchise that have a decent story, seriousness and a nice feel to it, Red Alert is about wackiness that makes no sense, Generals is basically save the world from terrorists which wasn't explained very well. Put it this way would you rather they replace/kill Kane completely off and leave alot of questions unanswered?

Also I'm taking it that you've never played Tiberium Wars/Kanes Wrath?
Posted Image

#24 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 20:21

View PostZhen, on 25 Mar 2009, 15:04, said:

Fun fact; Uprising was based on community votes that 70% of the C&C community plays single player.

Uprising didn't have many cut features, aside from a few scrapped units and multiplayer but that doesn't matter, You do NOT need Multiplayer to enjoy a game, they're simply doing what Westwood did with RA1, Besides they brought back RA2 ideas and the Red Alert button.

Why not have another tiberium game? That's the only series in the franchise that have a decent story, seriousness and a nice feel to it, Red Alert is about wackiness that makes no sense, Generals is basically save the world from terrorists which wasn't explained very well. Put it this way would you rather they replace/kill Kane completely off and leave alot of questions unanswered?

Generals storyline wasn't good but the gameplay was good, and that was what mattered. I haven't played any games over and over for the storyline but I have played games over and over for their gameplay/fun.

I'm sure pretty much no one cares about the story after what they did with the storyline for Generas/ZH, so they can basically do anything with the storyline. I'd prefer another shit storyline if it meant getting the same kind of gameplay/graphics style.

The AI in games nowadays is typically pretty pathetic, I'm surprised people play single-player only.

Edited by Sharpnessism, 25 March 2009 - 20:23.

Posted Image

#25 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 21:19

View PostZhen, on 25 Mar 2009, 20:04, said:

Selling something with No Multiplayer with a Title from a Franchise wich always had Multiplayer is just a downgrade. And alot of People need Mulitplayer to enjoy a game, because nothing is more fun than to play with someone who you know and the AI sooner or later will keep doing the same predictable stuff.

And about Kane, I simply am bored by constantly hearing " Kane Lives! ", " Kane is back ", the People get the Idea.
I simply dislike the Tiberium Universe.

Don't know where you took that from, but that isn't even slightly true.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users