#51 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:22

View PostAdmrial Burke, on 5 Apr 2009, 20:36, said:

View PostNidmeister, on 4 Apr 2009, 5:21, said:

View PostThe Dr, on 4 Apr 2009, 10:06, said:

Master chief has all his power from a Super suit thing, Gordon just uses his own strength.

Actually Master Chef is in fact genetically engineered, the suit does nothing but protect him from extreme conditions.
All that strength is the Chef's own.

@ topic, Master Chef can cook a mighty fine grunt on a stick, I'm gonna have to go with the Chef.

Dude, you are very, very wrong...

The master chief is a human who was abducted by the UNSC at the age of 7 as part of the SPARTAN II project, he was then trained by the military on the planet Reach, at the end of their training, by around 18, they were genetically augmented with super strength and super strong bones, etc.; essentially making them super soldiers. The MJOLNIR armor the they wear was under development by the UNSC for standard marines around the time that they were being trained, for their first few missions they didn't even have it. However, with the power of the suit, that increases your strength even further and is impervious to bullets (In books, not the game), would break the bones of standard marines with it's shear movement. They were then given to the Spartan II's who's body's could take it and later in the MJOLNIR II variation it was given an over shield that protects the wearer much better than the energy resistant coating that they originally had, such as in Halo.

BTW: They MC would destroy, the guys is just too damn battle hardened to loose.

You forgot the neural implants that improved his reflexes 8|

#52 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:20

genetically engineered

View PostAdmrial Burke, on 6 Apr 2009, 1:36, said:

genetically augmented

Close enough, I wouldnt say I was very very wrong, just a bit wrong.
I am very aware of the chefs "kidnapping"
And of his intense training in how to cook a spaceship full of space meat.

Edit:

View PostAlias, on 5 Apr 2009, 12:38, said:

Dark Matter Gravity Gun > anything Master Chief has anyway.

The chef can survive bieng dropped through Earth's atmosphere at intense heat and speed, I cant see why bieng blasted half a mile away would cripple him.

Edited by Nidmeister, 06 April 2009 - 11:54.

Posted Image

#53 Lizzie

• 1364 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 14:22

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 5 Apr 2009, 6:04, said:

for the record Dead Space was a shit game ending was funny though when his gf gets him

To hell with you. Deadspace was awesome.

View PostRaiDK, on 5 Apr 2009, 7:45, said:

Real men go into battle without regenerating shields and overpowered pistols.

Spartans? 8|
- E.A.B
My escape route goes through the enemy.
Posted Image

#54 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 14:28

or the cheif can go into battle with regenerating shields and underpowered SMGs

#55 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 06 April 2009 - 16:07

Posted Image

Only girly men play Halo.
Posted Image

#56 Flechette?

Veteran

• 488 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:06

Posted Image

That is all.

It's well known fact that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing what what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a brickwall on the path of history.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Many thanks to Comrade KamuiK, is credit to team

#57 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:24

View PostAdmrial Burke, on 6 Apr 2009, 8:36, said:

View PostThe Dr, on 4 Apr 2009, 10:06, said:

Master chief has all his power from a Super suit thing, Gordon just uses his own strength.

Actually Master Chef is in fact genetically engineered, the suit does nothing but protect him from extreme conditions.
All that strength is the Chef's own.

@ topic, Master Chef can cook a mighty fine grunt on a stick, I'm gonna have to go with the Chef.

Dude, you are very, very wrong...

The master chief is a human who was abducted by the UNSC at the age of 7 as part of the SPARTAN II project, he was then trained by the military on the planet Reach, at the end of their training, by around 18, they were genetically augmented with super strength and super strong bones, etc.; essentially making them super soldiers. The MJOLNIR armor the they wear was under development by the UNSC for standard marines around the time that they were being trained, for their first few missions they didn't even have it. However, with the power of the suit, that increases your strength even further and is impervious to bullets (In books, not the game), would break the bones of standard marines with it's shear movement. They were then given to the Spartan II's who's body's could take it and later in the MJOLNIR II variation it was given an over shield that protects the wearer much better than the energy resistant coating that they originally had, such as in Halo.

BTW: They MC would destroy, the guys is just too damn battle hardened to loose.

but still Freeman is a fuckin physicist with a goatee who took on the marines with a crowbar!!

View PostFlechette?, on 7 Apr 2009, 14:06, said:

Posted Image

That is all.

undoubtedly the best comic i have ever read

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#58 Jerinx

Your awesome taxi driver

• 738 posts
  • Projects: Lurking...

Posted 07 April 2009 - 15:24

Gordon has a girl by his side.
Do MS has? :)
Posted Image

#59 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 07 April 2009 - 15:44

View PostJerinx, on 7 Apr 2009, 11:24, said:

Gordon has a girl by his side.
Do MS has? :)

Does Cortana count?
Posted Image

#60 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:33

No.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#61 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:41

View PostRaiDK, on 7 Apr 2009, 21:33, said:

No.

In context of characters she does count.

But Freeman all the way, come on.

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#62 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:33

View PostComr4de, on 7 Apr 2009, 23:41, said:

View PostRaiDK, on 7 Apr 2009, 21:33, said:

No.

In context of characters she does count.

But Freeman all the way, come on.

You know, IRL a scientist guy with neat armor, vs a highly-trained skeletally-reinforced military guy with hyper-reflex and strength armor that also has energy shields, the latter would probably rip the former's skull out his anus.

But this IS Gordan Freeman, and he can basically do anything with SCIENCE!

Also, cortana isn't a chick, she's a sentient cloud of '1's and '0's that just happen to choose (or be created with) and incredibly sexy persona and digital figure. Better hope to God she just can't randomly pick another image to represent herself with, like a guy, or a moose, or a cardboard box.

In short: It's a Trap!

Edited by NergiZed, 08 April 2009 - 04:33.

#63 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:34

Freeman must win, because he has less retarded fanbois compared to MC.

scientist guy with neat armor

highly-trained skeletally-reinforced military guy with hyper-reflex and strength armor that also has energy shields

IRL

wat

#64 Lizzie

• 1364 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:06

View PostNergiZed, on 8 Apr 2009, 0:33, said:

Also, cortana isn't a chick, she's a sentient cloud of '1's and '0's that just happen to choose (or be created with) and incredibly sexy persona and digital figure. Better hope to God she just can't randomly pick another image to represent herself with, like a guy, or a moose, or a cardboard box.

Actually she is a girl. See they have two types of AI's in halo. Dumb and smart. Dumb ones are what you described. Smart ones are actually the personality of a actual person, copied onto a AI matrix, and given whatever knowledge and tools are necessary to do their job they are assigned.

Cortana is a smart AI. She was copied off of one of the Scientists behind the Spartan project. Specifically for use by one of the Spartans.

(This is all from the books)
- E.A.B
My escape route goes through the enemy.
Posted Image

#65 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:04

It's still a bloody computer.

At least Alyx is human.

Posted Image

#66 NergiZed

• 2992 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 14:10

View PostAlias, on 8 Apr 2009, 5:04, said:

It's still a bloody computer.

At least Alyx is human.

#67 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 08 April 2009 - 14:26

[quote name='NergiZed' post='628470' date='8 Apr 2009, 22:10'][quote name='Alias' post='628302' date='8 Apr 2009, 5:04']It's still a bloody computer.

At least Alyx is human.[/quote]

[/quote]
what was the GI joe episode when the solider crashes his jeep when he served to miss 2 kids on a bike then says somethin complete random?

Alex will pwn Cortana on a 1v1 XD

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#68 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 23:45

My vote remains to master chief. This thread fails to convince me otherwise. Master Chief was trained to be the best of the best at 7 years old, much like the spartans of ancient greece. Only this time, with extensive modern military training and hundreds of meters worth of paradrops at 9 years old. Was gordon doing such things when he was a child? I think not. Does Half-life have 6 novels? I think not. Does half life have a game that has reached the 1 billion games played mark? I think not.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 NergiZed

• 2992 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 23:54

View Postultimentra, on 13 Apr 2009, 19:45, said:

My vote remains to master chief. This thread fails to convince me otherwise. Master Chief was trained to be the best of the best at 7 years old, much like the spartans of ancient greece. Only this time, with extensive modern military training and hundreds of meters worth of paradrops at 9 years old. Was gordon doing such things when he was a child? I think not. Does Half-life have 6 novels? I think not. Does half life have a game that has reached the 1 billion games played mark? I think not.

Not possible, due to the fact that thar be no multiplayer.

Also, the whole novels things, maybe valve wanted to tell the story through games and not books. (They sure do a better job at it than Halo does).

truth be told, it's rather unfair to compare the two. All the Halo games were centered on multiplayer, while all the HL2 was centered on atmosphereic story-telling. (Though Halo's music beats HL's ambience). Also, while master cheif is pretty much just like any other super soldier out there, Mr.Freeman is a scientist in a funky suit doing science with a crowbar.

MC would definitely beat Mr.Freeman, but I still think Mr.Freeman is more awesome simply because he's a much more unique character than MC.

#70 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 23:58

Posted ImagePosted Image

Comparing both games are like comparing these 2, they're both fruits and each person likes them differently.

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#71 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 00:34

Saldy fanboi-ism is what influences the reputation of both characters the most. In all honesty, both are bad ass in their own ways. Chief is a super killing machine who has years of training and is aguments and bred for combat against hordes of enemies, with that being his objective, while Freeman uses his crobar and science to do his objectives.

Both characters are bad ass in their own ways.

Now to make it all the more better, what about a Freeman agumented MJLONIR Mark V power armor? :read:

Edited by Lord Atlantis, 14 April 2009 - 00:35.

Posted Image

#72 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 14 April 2009 - 00:56

View PostLord Atlantis, on 13 Apr 2009, 20:34, said:

Now to make it all the more better, what about a Freeman agumented MJLONIR Mark V power armor? :read:

HOLY SHIT! The end of all that is evil? 8|
Posted Image

#73 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:08

View PostScope, on 13 Apr 2009, 19:56, said:

HOLY SHIT! The end of all that is evil? 8|

Something far more worse than SPACE MARINES?

I DEMAND CLONES AT ONCE!

Posted Image

#74 NergiZed

• 2992 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:09

Posted Image

Might as well have Master Freeman be joined by his trusty side-kick Alyx Vance in her Varia suit.

#75 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:11

View PostNergiZed, on 13 Apr 2009, 20:09, said:

Posted Image

Might as well have Master Freeman be joined by his trusty side-kick Alyx Vance in her Varia suit.

Make it happen.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users