#1 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 12 April 2009 - 20:17

CNC GENERALS TOURNAMENT
2 v 2 Tournament

It's with great pleasure that today we can finally announce the plans for the $1000 that was generously donated by Merce to the CNC Generals community. So, to get straight to the point the winning clan of May's Clanwars competition will receive the full $1000 to split amongst the clan!

So, even if you have not played Generals in a long time or perhaps not even at all, this is one hell of a good reason to start. It's so simple just sign up and create your clan or join one with friends and you will have a chance to win $1000.

Of course, if you're worried that you will be too rusty, then don't worry as you still have the rest of April to warm up and get ready for May: 31 days and 1000 reasons to play!

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#2 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 12 April 2009 - 20:30

O M F G. looks like i gotto play sum moar Vgenerals. blargh y couldnt they make it Zh :P
Attached Image

#3 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 21:25

Not really interested, Generals without mods is antique in my books.
Posted Image

#4 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 12 April 2009 - 21:55

View PostCrazykenny, on 12 Apr 2009, 22:25, said:

Not really interested, Generals without mods is antique in my books.

This. Plus the fact that you'd be up against people who've spent years honing their skills. If you're not bothered about mods, there are far newer RTS games out there.

#5 ScotlanD™

Visitor

• 33 posts
  • Projects: None, yet!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 22:04

Yeah but generals is a classic :read: The newer games just don't seem to do it for me and I have tried pretty much them all at some point. But generals is a game you can keep playing for ages and not get bored, then if you do get bored you can just install a new mod and it freshens it up :-)

This is pretty much an attempt to attract more players into playing online again as recently its died off a bit (more than usual :P) seems to have had a good reception so far though and their are many players who are going to dust of generals :P.

For those who enjoy Vgenerals then it should be a good month and if it gets the activity up online im sure some of the old mods might receive a boost in interest as well :duh:
Posted Image

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 22:29

All I can say is good luck getting competitors and well done for getting the money put up.

#7 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 22:41

View PostScotlanD™, on 12 Apr 2009, 23:04, said:

Yeah but generals is a classic :read: The newer games just don't seem to do it for me and I have tried pretty much them all at some point. But generals is a game you can keep playing for ages and not get bored, then if you do get bored you can just install a new mod and it freshens it up :-)

This is pretty much an attempt to attract more players into playing online again as recently its died off a bit (more than usual :P) seems to have had a good reception so far though and their are many players who are going to dust of generals :P.

For those who enjoy Vgenerals then it should be a good month and if it gets the activity up online im sure some of the old mods might receive a boost in interest as well :duh:

Generals not boring? Common you must be joking, without mods I find Generals pretty lame, it wasn't really groundbreaking in the C&C franchise besides the fact you could build everywhere this time. <That, plus the fact the entire game is being hold together by a duck taped game engine which is probably more bugged that anything else. To be honest, Shockwave is what prevented ZH from being removed from my HDD altogether.
Posted Image

#8 ScotlanD™

Visitor

• 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 22:53

Have you tried playing against some good generals players online? Its where the game really shines, the single player lacks and yes the engine is buggy but the balance is almost flawless between strong players and you get some really exciting games and the inclusion of generals points, tactical upgrades and secondary abilities really makes the game hard to master and very addictive when you get into it, replays are actually fun to watch with generals :P If you don't believe me I would be happy to recommend a few that would probably entertain ^^

I didn't always have this opinion.. I first played generals in 2004 and HATED it, but then in 2007 got the first decade and ventured onto ccg online and got sucked in :duh:
Posted Image

#9 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 12 April 2009 - 23:46

Good luck on your tournament guys.
Posted Image

#10 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 23:56

Gotta echo OD here, hope you get a good turnout guys. I'm sure despite the complaints you'll get on or two people from FS to have a bash at this.

#11 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:08

While some of the diehards still play Vgens. This would have attracted alot more interest if it featured ZH and or a well balanced mod.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:35

View PostCrazykenny, on 13 Apr 2009, 0:41, said:

Generals not boring? Common you must be joking, without mods I find Generals pretty lame, it wasn't really groundbreaking in the C&C franchise besides the fact you could build everywhere this time. <That, plus the fact the entire game is being hold together by a duck taped game engine which is probably more bugged that anything else. To be honest, Shockwave is what prevented ZH from being removed from my HDD altogether.

What a load of crap! Vanilla Generals is still an amazing game and there is little wrong with the engine for the game itself. That it poses problems for modability totally isn't the topic. It's that every bad thing about it gets emphasized into eternity :P

I see if some of the players that do appreciate Generals can make an estudios clan :duh:
Posted Image

#13 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:13

1000 dollars as a prize? Damn :P Still, I won't enter: my online skills are too bad, and I only play with mods...
Posted Image

#14 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:46

Well good luck, any who participate - remember I'll hold the winners to what they said in the "what if someone gave you $900" :P .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:13

View PostAftershock, on 13 Apr 2009, 9:35, said:

I see if some of the players that do appreciate Generals can make an estudios clan :duh:

E-Studios is long gone, my friend. :P

Kudos to the guy who is putting up the cash. To my knowledge Generals never had a cash prize tourmanent before. Good luck to all the entrants.

#16 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 15:01

Good luck Mr. Players, i'm certainly not good enough to play for cash prizes, but to all those competing, good luck!
You almost did, didn't you?

#17 ScotlanD™

Visitor

• 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 15:04

Well thank you guys for the responses anyway, would be great to see someone of you compete and play against you online :read: Their will be further announcement closer to may including a written interview with the fan who donated the money.

Also I was wondering what mods you guys have for generals, are their still some being made? As I am currently talking it over with other admins of gamereplays but I think they would be willing to support any generals projects at least which would probably get a few players for your mods if it help at all off course 8|
Posted Image

#18 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 15:14

All of our modifications are for Zero Hour, the best we offer Generals wise is the SWR project C&C Classic which puts Generals into the slightly more advanced ZH engine. Some of your plays may want to investigate it.

#19 ScotlanD™

Visitor

• 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 15:58

Well we have a zh community as well :read: zh clanwar is actually much more active than Vgenerals just now, about 100 players probably.
Posted Image

#20 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 16:01

Slightly neutral and informative articles on all of our ZH modifications are here on the FSDB http://wiki.cncreneclips.com/wiki/List_of_...als_-_Zero_Hour some might be of interest.

#21 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 13:44

ScotlanD, weren't you the one who informed on Generals Classic earlier?
Posted Image

#22 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 13:45

From what I remember, yes he was.

Posted Image

#23 ScotlanD™

Visitor

• 33 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 14:00

Yeah I was
Posted Image

#24 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 23:13

Good luck on your tournament. Too bad I am busy with WC3 right now or I'd play CCG CW (can't be that much diff from ZH xD).

For everyone that has something against CCG, it is a great game still, mods are shiny but only 0.1% of mods have had better gameplay/balance than the original (barring balance mods), gameplay is what players want, especially for a $1,000 prize.

And TBH, there is no mod hosted on FS that I'd recommend for a competition right now (speaking about public versions, many mods are probably much more developed with internal builds).

Edited by Sharpnessism, 14 April 2009 - 23:14.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users