"Edited by" message

14 replies to this topic

#1 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:56

Often you'll notice a small typo or awkward wording when you read through your post after submitting it, even if you proofread it first. Every other forum I post at has a small grace period after a post where you can edit without leaving an edit notification - it lasts for about a minute.

Would it be possible to implement something like that here at FS? I can't possibly be the only one that gets bothered by an edit message as a result of restocking the words in one sentence.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#2 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:03

I don't think that's possible on IPB.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#3 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:12

I've been thinking about raising this for some time; I support the idea fully, and it would be a shame if the above is true. I do find it slightly odd given that the other forum I visit, though powered by vBulletin, looks and acts in almost exactly the same way to this one.

Edited by CommanderJB, 14 April 2009 - 09:12.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:13

Use the preview post function? Only admins can remove the edit legend from their edits.

#5 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:13

I edit almost all of my posts, practically always within the first minute.

If possible, this has my full support.

@Dauth: I'm pretty sure the people for this change use quick post and quick edit so preview really isn't an option.

Edited by Alias, 14 April 2009 - 09:14.

Posted Image

#6 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:14

Seeing that the edit message also states when the edit was made, there really isn't much need for this. If a post was edited shortly after having been posted it should be clear to anyone who bothers that there is no need to know the original message.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#7 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:16

View PostDauth, on 14 Apr 2009, 19:13, said:

Use the preview post function? Only admins can remove the edit legend from their edits.
That's not really very practical. I use the fast reply option almost all the time; going to full reply is simply unnecessary in the vast majority of cases. When combined with preview post it's an annoying extra step, and it would be nice not to have to if there's a way around it, which is all that is being said.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:18

That's quite true. It's more of a hunch than something people lose sleep over, I think. I just thought we can discuss the possibility if it can be changed.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#9 Lizzie

• 1364 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:23

I support this as well if it's possible to remove it.
- E.A.B
My escape route goes through the enemy.
Posted Image

#10 Wi-Ta

Veteran

• 471 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:26

I support the idea if possible

#11 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:58

Definitely supported if possible. I make quick edits very often.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:32

I already said it's not possible, so not even all the support in the world is going to change that. :read:
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#13 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:36

Well you originally did say that you "thought" it wasn't possible, giving us a glimpse of hope.

Posted Image

#14 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:41

View PostCodeCat, on 14 Apr 2009, 10:03, said:

I don't think that's possible on IPB.

So why do Admins have the ability and no one else does?

Supported either way.
Posted Image

#15 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:47

Because its one of the perks of being an admin. We have the option to remove the edit by legend.

We've said its not possible and messing around further with the groups doesn't interest anyone.

:read:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users