←  News and Announcements

Fallout Studios Forums

»

ShockWave Saturdays!

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 18 Apr 2009

View PostAlias, on 18 Apr 2009, 3:26, said:

Would it be possible moving the time back a few hours?
It's a real disadvantage as 2100 GMT is 0600 for me, if it was moved back around 3 hours I'd greatly appreciate it.

If that is possible, I'll be joining in. :P

N.B. so I don't have to redownload ShockWave, can someone please upload the nostart.big? I seem to have lost it in a network transfer.

Here you go:

Attached File(s)

Alias's Photo Alias 18 Apr 2009

Cheers, mate.

D.K.'s Photo D.K. 18 Apr 2009

Ooooh, I'd like to play for the first time, what do I need except Shockwave?

Dauth's Photo Dauth 18 Apr 2009

hamachi and a stable internet connection. The thread in the shw forums "Play ShockWave online now" tells you how to set it up. Also people will be around to lend a hand.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 18 Apr 2009

I may join this one if I don't forget it

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 18 Apr 2009

Alright. Things seem to be ok for today, so I'm going to go ahead with everyone's request and hold it earlier. So I'll be holding it at 6PM GMT/1PM US EST.

Alternatively, those of you with steam access can just watch for the announcement of the event starting.

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 18 Apr 2009

Double post for important info and bump.

Shockwave Saturday Server 2 is up. Had a larger turn out then expected. Name is the same as the password.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 18 Apr 2009

Not that suprising, Shw is the most played game apparently - http://forum.cncreneclips.com/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0.

-Xv-'s Photo -Xv- 18 Apr 2009

View PostOverdose, on 17 Apr 2009, 13:42, said:

Posted Image

From now on every Saturday, we will have a ShockWave dedicated community event for you to exercise your RTS muscles among members and a chance to meet your favorite forum celebrities in game. This event will be managed by Lizzie and we hope to see many of you there. You can organize yourselves either with Hamachi chat or through our Steam Group.

Hamachi info is as follows:

Server Name: ShockWave Saturday Server
Password: ShockWave Saturday Server (only when the event is taking place)

Second Server: ShockWave Saturday Server 2
Password: ShockWave Saturday Server 2

The event has already started and is ongoing, the event turned out more successful than we expected so we've opened a second server.

Play hard and remember to have fun!

Little correction, its Shockwave Saturday Server 2 not ShockWave Saturday Server 2 :P

Overdose's Photo Overdose 19 Apr 2009

Sorry a little confusion there

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 19 Apr 2009

Eugh, it would have been great if I didn't get kicked all the time from all games I tried to enter :unsure:

D.K.'s Photo D.K. 19 Apr 2009

Apart from that - Every single time I tried to connect it said that serial was in use... I don't get it, that shouldn't mean anything in LAN AFAIK...

Kichō's Photo Kichō 19 Apr 2009

View PostDutchygamer, on 19 Apr 2009, 11:44, said:

Eugh, it would have been great if I didn't get kicked all the time from all games I tried to enter :unsure:

I don't think you were kicked on purpose, alot of people said you droped..(Even when I hosted you dropped)

Well, I did had the no-starting units active, because I heard that is what is used most of the times. Maybe that was it :unsure:

Brad's Photo Brad 19 Apr 2009

View PostDutchygamer, on 19 Apr 2009, 13:24, said:

Well, I did had the no-starting units active, because I heard that is what is used most of the times. Maybe that was it :unsure:

Everyone's connection was fubar yesterday Dutchy, and there was an overlap of players (with no-one else making another game for some reason). And If you did get into a game, you must've dropped, although you cloned a lot (Where a copy of you is in the game preventing you from joining) So I always did a quick check to see if you were there, I might've kicked you by accident.

I noticed indeed that I was somehow in a game, while I got a message that the connection timed out. Hope it goes better next time :unsure:

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 19 Apr 2009

Unfortunately I believe it was Hamachi that day. Apparently Hamachi acts like crap on the weekends.

Rich19's Photo Rich19 20 Apr 2009

View PostDutchygamer, on 19 Apr 2009, 14:08, said:

I noticed indeed that I was somehow in a game, while I got a message that the connection timed out. Hope it goes better next time :P

If that happens, you can try hamachi messaging the host to tell them that you're cloned in the game. They can kick your clone and you can try joining again. As for the "kicking", you were probably dropping instead - nobody is really going to kick you unless you've nicked someone's slot in the game, and even then it's going to be with an apology first.

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 21 Apr 2009

For the sake of other's not missing the next event. From now on it'll allways start 6PM GMT on saturday. That's 1PM my time.

Could Overdose or another staff member update the first post of this thread with that information.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 21 Apr 2009

1st post updated for you.

Razven's Photo Razven 09 May 2009

For those of you who have forgotten, today is Shockwave Saturday, please turn up. :D

General's Photo General 30 May 2009

Why password got rejected even though it is the time ? :D

Nem's Photo Nem 30 May 2009

Be sure your joining the new rooms listed below.

SHWS1
Password: nem

SHWS2
Password: nem