Deadline next release

10 replies to this topic

#1 Su8perkillr

See the red light on your chest?

• 559 posts
  • Projects: Losing the game

Posted 24 April 2009 - 19:49

Jordan, u Posted in the topic named: "expected release date?" that the next version would be posted, at latest at the end of april. i PM'ed about it to you, but u didnt check ur mail. so, can u make it, because i know sure that there are people here, that rly want the next version. can u tell us more, and if ur ready to post it, drop it here :D
Posted Image

#2 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 24 April 2009 - 19:59

This is why mods tend to not predict release dates

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 19:59

No offence, but this seems incrediably demanding and selfish, I think Jordan has every right to delay his own mod.

And not to mention this

Edited by Brad, 24 April 2009 - 20:00.

You almost did, didn't you?

#4 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 20:00

The modification will be done when its done. Jordan has every right to take longer if he feels he needs to. Running a project is hard work, I suggest you cut him some slack.

#5 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 21:05

I have most of the things implemented in the mod that I wanted to, but the problem is is that I am still having some computer issues, and that I am still missing a couple programs I need to be able to do anything besides editing INI files.

Balance is a bit of an issue too. Even Physics is becoming a bit of an issue. The Fan Truck can easily toss an Overlord across the map, and infantry are no match at all against it, which may need to change. Maybe infantry need to stick to the ground again, I don't know.

Things I want to do before the next release:

1. Make Air-Force General Super Unit - Have a good concept, need to make the model. And yes, I spelled it that way for a reason. tounge.gif
2. Re-make Lead Beam - Model needs to be completely re-done. Weapon need to be completely changed. It needs a lot of work.
3. Fix balance issues.
4. Fix Worldbuilder issues that keep it from running.
5. Change the Shellmap a bit for a new look.
6. Add a map or two if possible.
7. Finish TP Cannon.

I do have a release date in mind, but I'll keep it to myself. If I give you guys a release date, and not deliver on that day, bad things will most likely happen. I can say before the end of April at the very latest.

-Jordan

i know he has all rights, but if u say at very latest that means u will have to get it done before then.
Posted Image

#6 G-sus

batshit insane

• 802 posts
  • Projects: Coding Skynet

Posted 24 April 2009 - 21:29

since you´re not paying him for his work, with which rights can u make demands then...? :D
Posted Image
(Sig by The DR)

True beauty comes from heart and mind.
(but perfection has also big boobs)

#7 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 21:40

well... it DOES look weird when u say: end of april, with things to do, and go posting new renders, which should be implanted and take another day work, while when u would be fixing that day, u maybe also could finsih the mod. but lets wait for Jordan to give a comment, cuz hes the real boss :D
Posted Image

#8 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:40

There's a reason he didn't answer your PM.

#9 G-sus

batshit insane

• 802 posts
  • Projects: Coding Skynet

Posted 25 April 2009 - 13:06

su8perkillr, since you´re kinda new here i´m going to explain. once.
asking when a mod/update is done is considered a no-go on Fallout Studios, so what you did was actually pretty rude.
kinda wondered why this didnt get locked instantly.
so like, dont do that, and dont ask, you wont get an answer anyway.
except if you ask too often, then you may get a very unfriendly one... :)
Posted Image
(Sig by The DR)

True beauty comes from heart and mind.
(but perfection has also big boobs)

#10 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 25 April 2009 - 17:23

Honestly I was waiting for Jordan's answer before locking the thread, but as everyone has mentioned, deadlines for mods are usually unreliable and thats why the rule "It'll be done when it's done." With that :)
Posted Image

#11 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 27 April 2009 - 20:35

I just have this to say. I am in the tenth grade right now, and I am trying to become more involved in school and with friends. I have spent entirely too much of my time on the internet and on video gaming in general, and my social life is the worse for it. That is why I have been cutting back on modding recently, as I want to spend more time on other things, as opposed to just sitting in front of my computer for hours at a time. Sure, modding has been a lot of fun for me, but I've been spending a little too much time on it.

So take that into consideration when questions like this arise. I cannot make my life revolve around digital entities in a forum whom I will most likely never see in real life.

Regards,

-Jordan
C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users