#1 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 18:55

Right legal fluff first.

I do not encourage excessive drinking
I do not encourage acquiring alcohol under age

Now that's out of the way. What games do you know, which have you played and how well have they gone?

International drinking rules/ Gentleman's rules (I've played these, I'm sure they vary but you might find something new and fun)
Breaking any of the rules causes you to take a drink
No pointing (not even with the elbow)
No saying someone's name
No swearing
No saying the word "Drink"
Safety, if your beverage is on the table it must be a fingers length from any edge
Left hand drinking OR more complex face of the clock drinking, so from HH:00 to HH:30 you drink with the right and from HH:30 to HH:00 you drink with the left

Thumbmaster
A person is elected thumbmaster, if they put their thumb on the table (or in an obvious position) the last person to put their thumb in place takes a drink

Chinmaster
As thumbmaster but the chinmaster puts their hand on their chin

Questionmaster (optionally fuck-off master)
If they ask you a question you must respond with "Fuck off" before continuing or you take a drink (Generally exempt from International drinking rules)

Players sit in a circle and the game is to count up to 21. If a player says one number then the person to their right has the next turn. If a player says two numbers then it moves to their left. If they say three numbers it continues in the same direction but skips a person. If you make a mistake by talking out of time or taking too long you take a drink. The person who ends up saying 21 has to take a drink but they get to change one of the numbers to anything else.
Evil choices: A swearword with International drinking rules, or my personal favourite, changing seven to six and watching the same idiots fail at it for the next hour.

Thumbs up/down (I don't know the name its just how I can describe it)
Players sit in a circle and they take it in turn to give two options. If you like the first then you put your thumb up, if you like the second you put your thumb down. Then coutn how many thumbs up and how many thumbs down , which ever side has least takes a drink.

Card based game (sorry don't know name, I've never played it, just had it described to me)
A shuffled deck is placed in the table and you take turns to draw a card.
For each card drawn there is a penalty. A finger is a finger's width of a long drink like a pint
Ace : 1 finger
2 : 2 fingers
3 : 3 fingers
4 : 4 fingers
5 : Shot of Vodka
6 : Shot of Tequila
7 : Person to your right drinks 2 fingers
8 : Person to your left drinks 2 fingers
9 > K, make your own rules up

There are others I know, but the less people who know the rules the better they are. Also don't forget save the Queen (drop a penny in the drink of anyone in Commonwealth Forces and they have to down it to stop the Queen drowning).

Edited by Dauth, 20 May 2009 - 20:56.

#2 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 20 May 2009 - 19:14

21 sounds way to complex to try in a drunken state.

One of my favorites - Simple, easy and gets you wasted.

Roxanne. - All you need is to listen to Roxanne by The Police

Everyone forms two teams. One team must take a drink when roxanne is sung and the other team must drink when red light is sung. You can get through 1-2 drinks per song. You can also form a 3rd team which drinks on both "Roxanne" and "Red Light" if you wish.

For comic effect play it sitting down then when you must drink stand up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 19:24

View PostDauth, on 20 May 2009, 14:55, said:

Card based game (sorry don't know name, I've never played it, just had it described to me)
A shuffled deck is placed in the table and you take turns to draw a card.
For each card drawn there is a penalty. A finger is a finger's width of a long drink like a pint
Ace : 1 finger
2 : 2 fingers
3 : 3 fingers
4 : 4 fingers
5 : Shot of Vodka
6 : Shot of Tequila
7 : Person to your right drinks 2 fingers
8 : Person to your left drinks 2 fingers
9 > K, make your own rules up

Played this one before but instead of Tequila, we used some Orange Liquour. I remember I started the game off with a shot of the orange liquour. >.< Stupid Ace....
Posted Image

#4 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 20:03

View PostIon Cannon!, on 20 May 2009, 20:14, said:

21 sounds way to complex to try in a drunken state.

It's hard enough to play when in a sober state, especially when the numbers become random words. Par example.

1,2,3, fish, 5,6, Artichoke, *word to crude for forum use*, fuck, arse bandit, 11, probe, 13, 14 etc

Whenever I've played it's always been with shots or Jagerbombs or other such Toulouse Le Trek Syndrome inducing spirits.

Here's another one, more of a game of risk than anything else and has a name lost to the mists of time.

Empty pint glass sits in the middle of the table. First person pours an amount of their own drink into the glass, takes out a coin and calls it in the air. If they guess correct the pint glass moves onto the next person. If wrong you have to neck whatever is in the pint glass. The next person has to add to it with a quantity of their own drink. Get's very nasty if you're all on different drinks.

I have another one, but the rules are complex and it's been about 7 years since it was outlawed I believe.

#5 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 20 May 2009 - 21:29

Beer Pong (known as Beirut in some places):

Line up 10 cups of beer in a triangle on each side of a table with two players facing each other. You have to toss a ping pong ball into the cups facing you. Everytime you get a cup, you chug it. The more cups you get, the harder the game gets for obvious reasons. The one to clear all ten wins.

Flipcup:

Played with teams in a relay fashion, each player has a cup of beer in front of him. Said player must chug the beer and then place the cup halfway off the edge and try to "flip" the cup back onto the table upright. When this is done successfully, play moves on to the next player.

Bullshit:

The card game only with shots. CBA to explain it :P

Bonjour Monsieur, Bonjour Madame:

Some random card game my friend told me about. There is a dealer for each round who doesn't participate. He takes the whole deck and keeps playing cards fairly quickly into the middle. When a face card shows up players must all do one of the following:
Jack : say "Bonjour Monsieur"
Queen: say "Bonjour"
King: Salute with the right arm
Ace: slap the card

Whoever does it wrong or is last to do said has to drink.

Higher, Lower, Red, Black:

A really simple game but quite effective. You must guess whether the next card is red or black or whether it is higher or lower than the current card. When you get three consecutive correct answers, play moves to someone else. Otherwise you drink.

Egyptian Ratscrew:

Once again CBA to explain this one. Replace slaps with drinks.
Posted Image

#6 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 21:43

I might try that last one of yours, a large variety of strong juices might make that interesting :P

If I may add one, a very simple one. This one gets more fun the more besodded you are.

Put a bottle with any strong alcoholic beverage like whisky or jägermeister in the middle of a preferbly round standing bar table, and stand around it in a group. Everybody has his own glass empty in front of the table. Now have a deck of cards and make sure the deck is as dry as possible (at least it must not be wet 8|, but the dryer the better). Remove the bottle cap and put the full deck on top of it. Now in turn start blowing cards off the deck off the top of the bottle. Whoever blows off the last card from the bottle takes a shot and the full deck gets placed back on.

gets even more interesting the emptier the bottle is..
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users