The Glasses Topic

23 replies to this topic

Poll: Glasses (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you wear glasses?

1. Yes (21 votes [55.26%])

Percentage of vote: 55.26%

2. No (17 votes [44.74%])

Percentage of vote: 44.74%

If yes, what is it for?

1. Myopia (Near-sightedness) (18 votes [45.00%])

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

2. Hyperopia (Far-sightedness) (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

3. Astigmatism (Misfocused vision) (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

4. I have no need for glasses (17 votes [42.50%])

Percentage of vote: 42.50%

Do you wear contact lenses?

1. Exclusively (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Often (2 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

3. Every once in a while (1 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

4. Never tried them (13 votes [34.21%])

Percentage of vote: 34.21%

5. I used to but I don't anymore (2 votes [5.26%])

6. I'm afraid of touching my eye (1 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

7. No need to (19 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

If you were able to would you get Laser Eye surgery?

1. Yes for sure (5 votes [13.16%])

Percentage of vote: 13.16%

2. If I had the moneys (2 votes [5.26%])

3. Lasers? In my eye? (6 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

4. I can't be treated (2 votes [5.26%])

5. No need to (23 votes [60.53%])

Percentage of vote: 60.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 29 May 2009 - 22:08

Just curious about the bespectacled members of our forum. I myself wear frameless glasses that correct my myopia to 3 degrees in my left eye and 3.25 in my right with 1.5 degrees of astigmatism in my right eye as well. I also wear contact lenses usually when I go out and when I do some sporting activity. What about the others?
Posted Image

#2 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:13

Myopia, 3.0 in both eyes.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#3 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:24

I have myopia so some women appear nice from far...

Upon closer inspection they are far from nice.

*Badum-tish*

So yeah, I only use glasses for watching TV. I have given some thought to having corrective laser surgery done in both eyes because glasses don't go well with a motorcycle helmet. I don't find contact lenses appealing at all... it's just anothe way to introduce bacteria into your bloodstream.

Fixed the half-typed word. D;

Edited by Stinger, 29 May 2009 - 23:26.

#4 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:26

Got some polarisered ones I use in the sun. Though I need to get my eyes checked soon. Vision is AJ'ing badly.

#5 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:28

Not sure what my degree of short sightedness is. All I know is normal vision is 20/20 and i'm -4/-4.

I have worn contacts before, but just found them a pain.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:30

Can't there be a "sometimes" option? D:

I always wear my contact lenses (I find them much more comfortable than my glasses) except when I'm in a hurry or when in the lab (you need to wear either safety glasses or your own glasses and the solvents in the air irritate the eyes and thus your lenses), so I have glasses but rarely wear them actually. I have -2,25 for both eyes, btw.

I'm not sure if I would go for the lasers. I've heard some people tell about fantastic results, and it'd save me money in the long run, but they put a fucking syringe in your eye and slice off a piece of your eye D:!!!

Also,

Not sure what my degree of short sightedness is. All I know is normal vision is 20/20 and i'm -4/-4.
-4/-4 is pretty damn bad - with that you shouldn't be able to make anything out without visual aid.

Edited by Chyros, 29 May 2009 - 23:39.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:32

I wear sunglasses a LOT during the summer. :D
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#8 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:33

Last time i checked i was 20/20.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#9 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:35

I have worn glasses since I was 5, and my vision has slowly got worse to where it is today, which is -5.75 in both eyes (i'm short-sighted). Due to diabetes,, I cannot be treated with laser eye surgery as my blood sugar control changes how poor my vision is. Oh, and I used to wear contacts, but to be frank, I hate wearing them. The feeling of something in my eye all day isn't 'right'.
For there can be no death without life.

#10 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:41

Chyros, on 30 May 2009, 0:30, said:

Can't there be a "sometimes" option? D:

I always wear my contact lenses (I find them much more comfortable than my glasses) except when I'm in a hurry or when in the lab (you need to wear either safety glasses or your own glasses and the solvents in the air irritate the eyes and thus your lenses), so I have glasses but rarely wear them actually. I have -2,25 for both eyes, btw.

I'm not sure if I would go for the lasers. I've heard some people tell about fantastic results, and it'd save me money in the long run, but they put a fucking syringe in your eye and slice off a piece of your eye D:!!!

Also,

-4/-4 is pretty damn bad - with that you shouldn't be able to make anything out without visual aid.

Oh I thought it was obvious from that sentiment that I wore glasses. I would also like a maybe option for the Laser Eye Surgery. I could actually afford it. But i'm not sure.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:42

I'm 20/20, but I want Laser eyes like Cyclops from Xmen, so I ticked yes for sure.
Posted Image

#12 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 23:48

I don't think I have ever had my eyes tested, but as far as I know I can see perfectly fine... except when drunk and/or tired :D
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#13 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 00:02

Been 20/20 my whole life, even though everyone else in my immediate family have all been wearing glasses since they were under 5 years old.

Posted Image

#14 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:17

My left eye is 325, while right eye is 25, so, yeah, weird combo. My left eye is born with hemangioma (Chinese translation), and that could be the problem.

As my right eye is fine, I only needs to wear ordinary glasses when I'm using computers or watching movies.

#15 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:35

Much like Alias, I've never had any problems with my eyes, despite every other member of my immediate family wearing glasses (two for short-sightedness, the other one for long-sightedness, and also has colour blindness). So I consider myself rather lucky actually!

Edited by CommanderJB, 30 May 2009 - 08:18.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:09

My eyes are fine, no need for any of this.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#17 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:46

Glasses, short-sighted, and I don't want any lenses or laser-surgery :D
Posted Image

#18 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:57

It just struck me how many people are wearing glasses as opposed to contact lenses. I especially seem to be the only one who finds contact lenses much more comfortable than glasses, too =o!
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:59

I don't need glasses enough to wear contacts all the time. As for the laser thing, my uncle had it done and is a big fan of it. Though I'd like some more info on long term effects of it. Especially since atm I don't need lasering.

#20 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:50

Bob, on 29 May 2009, 21:48, said:

I don't think I have ever had my eyes tested, but as far as I know I can see perfectly fine... except when drunk and/or tired :D

same here ;) ... oh btw is it true that using computers a lot might affect ur vision ?? coz well i dont think so ..
Posted Image

#21 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 30 May 2009 - 14:48

Chyros, on 30 May 2009, 5:57, said:

It just struck me how many people are wearing glasses as opposed to contact lenses. I especially seem to be the only one who finds contact lenses much more comfortable than glasses, too =o!

Well I tend to forget about my contact lenses :D often but I'm using them some more. I have to make sure to get the O2 Optix brand or else my eyes dehydrate as I found out in my previous lens experience.
Posted Image

#22 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 30 May 2009 - 16:37

i only hav contacts, and all though i think lazer eye surgery would b sweet im afraid somethn would go wrong
Attached Image

#23 Star Dragon

• 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 23:00

I almost passed on this thread. :cool:

Three years ago or so I had two cataract operations (each eye). I was going blind and from the time I noticed something was "wrong" to like the 8th month later I could no longer drive a car safely in MY estimation (confirmed by the doctor, I was to be considered legally blind, heh) it was a wild and scary ride!

After the operations it was quite a shock to be able to clearly see STARS with out glasses. I only needed reading glasses for close vision now, as opposed to far vision before the operations (power about 1.25)

Then about 3 months ago my vision started to get "fuzzy". Seeing as I am still unemployed and can't afford to get them checked out I have no idea what it could be. I can barely read this type clearly with reading glasses of power 3.0 now and it's getting worse for sure.

You can't get cataracts again with artificial implants right???

Edited by Star Dragon, 06 June 2009 - 23:02.

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a wide target selection!" - Brig Gen Star Dragon...

Posted Image

#24 Reaper94

rawr!!

• 1178 posts
  • Projects: Being more loved and less loathed by community

Posted 06 June 2009 - 23:13

No
No Need
No Need
No Need

RaiDK, on 3 Jun 2009, 10:09, said:

MY BEAK IS ONE WHICH WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users