Nominations for the Story competition

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 18:30

You may nominate any piece that has not previously entered the story competitions. The entirety of the piece must be new and it must confirm to all rules in this thread.

http://forum.cncrene...showtopic=31841

Nominations close on 1st July

Edited by Dauth, 02 June 2009 - 07:51.

#2 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:31

Wait, what? Half the reason for my writing Phoenix was as an entry for this. There were no opening times specified in the original post, so why is there one now?

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:50

The thing is we don't want recycled entries coming back into the competition, however I have figured out a new wording.

#4 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:15

Ah, I see. Thanks for the edit, I completely understand the motivation, it's just that the original post left me solidly under the impression that the 'start date' was from then onwards. I hope you can understand my frustration at having a piece two days out from qualification otherwise!

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:47

I nominated it in the original topic yesterday but forgot to do so here as well; I'd like to formally nominate SquigPie's Touch (A Visitor in the Night) for the competition.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 19:18

I nominate CommanderJB's "Phoenix".

Whats going to happen if we are the only two to compete? Will the contest deadline be pushed? or will the contest be cancelled?

There's alot of people who said they were going to enter. But I don't know.

Edited by SquigPie, 18 June 2009 - 19:22.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#7 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:27

I nominate Warboss Nooka's And The Sky Went White - i, Dream, You Reap, We All Weep.
Edit: and Razven's Parkes and Carter too.

Edited by CommanderJB, 30 June 2009 - 08:45.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users