#1 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:12

Expanded on something done for EC.

---

They called themselves the Jokers. The official designation for the unit was much longer, and more complicated. But "Jokers" stuck. And it fit, all too well. The 35th Light Air Mobile Infantry Reconnaissance and Assault division was made up of the best of the best. Culled from other, more traditional, units in the AC's Marine Corps and Army, the Jokers were selected for speed, stealth, efficiency, and brutality. High officials within the American Confederacy knew that they needed a unit that would be as brutal as it was lethal if they were going to incorporate Colombia into the confederacy without significant loss of life. Which is why the Jokers were stationed nearby before war broke out. Before things went to hell and the shit hit the metaphorical fan a million times over, the Jokers were well on their way to decapitating Colombia's government and eliminating the Cartel, now known as the "White Army" for the funding they got from cocaine exports.

Thats the premise. I'll have more later, probably saturday.
kinda, sorta alive.

#2 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:33

I'd say 'looking forward to seeing more', but, well...
*Looks shifty*

Other than that this writing definitely showcases your knowledge of military operations, and the backgrounder sets up a very interesting scenario for the story to come; there's real imagination behind the names that shows investment in creating a real world (particularly through things like the 'White Army'), and it makes a big difference.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:41

Heh. It exists in something much larger. And yes, I know my consistency is questionable. But hey- I really like this one. No promises, but I really do want to work on it.
kinda, sorta alive.

#4 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:49

What I meant by the 'looks shifty' part is that my red badge has already given me access to more - it wasn't meant to be a comment on the writing, or on you, at all.

Edited by CommanderJB, 19 June 2009 - 08:49.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:51

Chapter One: Prep

The armory was a rather large building. Built inside what was once a hangar for US Globemaster cargo planes, the structure now housed most of the Jokers personnel, with their vehicles and equipment still in shipment from bases stateside to the jumping off point in Panama. No one knew were they were going, but the idea was pretty clear. Since the forming of the American Confederacy, a handful of South American nations had spoken out against it repeatedly. They had to be silenced. And the Jokers knew what there job was- they were to be the striking arm of their new government. And they were proud.

Alas. Pride was important for these men, but they were soldiers. Most of them had seen experience as peacekeepers, defending US assets in Arab nations until civilian personnel could be evacuated, and the last drops of oil had been siphoned from the refineries they needed to defend. And, being experienced soldiers, they knew that perhaps the worst weapon against them was boredom. Which explains why Adam Farmer, Sgt. Major of the Jokers first Recon element, was leafing through a copy of "Playboy" in the privacy of his bunk when his squad got called up to deploy.

"All recon elements, please report to the briefing room". The voice on the intercom was disembodied, and not quite clear enough to distinguish an accent. But it was clear enough for everyone to know what was happening. So as Farmers squad raced to briefing room to avoid the wrath of the general, they weren't alone. The Jokers had a total of three squads dedicated exclusively to Reconnaissance purposes. Farmers first squad, John Coles second (the "ninja's") and Steve Higsons "Pirates" (dubbed so for their involvement in a recent Somalian pirate engagement).

The briefing room was rather small, compared to the vast expanse of the hangar that made up the housing arrangements for so many troops. So with all three squads, along with the general and two aids, it was rather cramped. But that didn't stop the excitement that was so apparent in the men from changing the rooms atmosphere. These men were ready for battle. So their generals first words were quite exciting- "We know what needs doing. And I think you all know what your job is. So the only thing you still need to be told is your target, no? Its Colombia. The information and maps are in the armory, along with your specific targets. Get geared up and get ready. You're going to be inserted via Helo tommorrow night. Get ready."
kinda, sorta alive.

#6 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 26 June 2009 - 23:22

They should call the soldiers of the White Army 'Snowmen'. Great work!
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users