Link

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:05

Looks to be the case, I think everything finally caught up with him. He had been rather detached from reality for a while.

#3 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:11

He hasn't been officially declared dead yet, so as far as I'm concerned it's just rumours.

http://www.reuters.c...E55O6AK20090625
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#4 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:27

Indeed, not confirmed, just speculation. That said, his excessive lifestyle has done him no favours, and he's been under the knife more times than the population of Miami combined. It would be a shame, but not a particularly great one.
For there can be no death without life.

#5 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:28

View PostDauth, on 25 Jun 2009, 23:05, said:

Looks to be the case, I think everything finally caught up with him. He had been rather detached from reality for a while.

His tale is a tragic one, a missed childhood, never truly being happy despite all his success. He did indeed become detached from reality but if this news is true, the world has lost one of its best entertainers.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:29

dang. i didnt seethis coming. i remember when bernie mac died. i kept wondering how bill cosby continues.. sad news tho
Attached Image

#7 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:45

BBC just confirmed it, he's dead.

This will be like Diana, but worldwide.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:46

View PostIon Cannon!, on 25 Jun 2009, 23:45, said:

I don't expect the Daily Express to blame this on immigrants :P

#9 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:47

View PostIon Cannon!, on 25 Jun 2009, 23:45, said:

It's going to be HUGE. Insanely so. Oh, and Glastonbury is going to go absolutely mad - I really pity Niddy right about now.

#10 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:49

I have a friend who is MJ mad, knows all the routines and is a fairly decent singer. He has tickets, going to be devastated.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 22:53

View PostIon Cannon!, on 25 Jun 2009, 23:49, said:

I have a friend who is MJ mad, knows all the routines and is a fairly decent singer. He has tickets, going to be devastated.

Same (minus the routines) actually. I think I'll be flooded with texts tomorrow :o

#12 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 25 June 2009 - 23:26

Funny, it looks like too much persons are according a too great importance to such a thing...
He's dead, that's not gonna change anything in your lives (except the annoyance due to the fact that his music will be on all TV channels for the next days), so I don't see why the fans should be devastated... He's just a man like all the others after all, and I doubt that the fans were his friends or family to be truly concerned by his death...

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#13 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 23:32

View PostCarl, on 26 Jun 2009, 0:26, said:

Funny, it looks like too much persons are according a too great importance to such a thing...
He's dead, that's not gonna change anything in your lives (except the annoyance due to the fact that his music will be on all TV channels for the next days), so I don't see why the fans should be devastated... He's just a man like all the others after all, and I doubt that the fans were his friends or family to be truly concerned by his death...

This is Michael Jackson, no matter my feelings on this, people are going to be loopy over this as he has helped develop music over the last thirty years. And he was about to do a come-back, which will certainly make it have even more impact. People love this man for what he is and what he has done. Elvis had things happen like this when he died... music performers, particularly large ones, create powerful feelings in people due to the nature of their business.

#14 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 00:33

Call me crazy, but I'm kind of satisfied. Sure, he revolutionized music for all time, but I still believe he was the one who did the nasty nasty to the children at Neverland. But I shouldn't mention that. I didn't cry, like some people probably are doing. Eh. I was never much of a fan of his music. But, I DO sympathize for those who are saddened by his death. Wow.

I mean, I never even liked him, but it WILL take a little bit of time to realize that he's gone. <Sigh>
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 00:43

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 26 Jun 2009, 1:33, said:

Call me crazy, but I'm kind of satisfied. Sure, he revolutionized music for all time, but I still believe he was the one who did the nasty nasty to the children at Neverland. But I shouldn't mention that. I didn't cry, like some people probably are doing. Eh. I was never much of a fan of his music. But, I DO sympathize for those who are saddened by his death. Wow.

I mean, I never even liked him, but it WILL take a little bit of time to realize that he's gone. <Sigh>

You ungrateful little fuck. You believe everything the media tells you really? Wow......

If you were going to say something like that for your sake you really shouldn't have said it.

Your "satisfied" he died? Stupid allegations aside all he did was bring beautiful music into the world, you don't have to like it but you have to appreciate his talent regardless.

I personally won't cry, and I wasn't a huge fan. But stuff like what you said makes my blood boil.

MJ was alot of things, but I don't think a pedophile was one of them. He had the mind of a child in some regards, this was due to the way he grew up and his constant fame. He did love children but he didn't have sex with them, he was at heart a child, he never had a proper childhood.

For you to say a man who did so much, and a man that was never truly happy deserved to die.... You sicken me, your a stain on humanity.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 00:45

WHOA! I guess I just exaggerated, sorry. But don't give me all this shit, OK? Actually, my standing is exactly the same as yours.

And you know what, when you tell me all this shit, it saddens me. I'm never gonna have a proper childhood. BECAUSE MY STUPID FUCKING POTHEAD FATHER NEVER PAYS HIS FUCKING CHILD SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So please just keep your opinion of me to yourself.

Edited by General Wesley, 26 June 2009 - 00:47.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 00:49

If your standing is the exactly the same as mine I doubt you would have said you were "satisfied" to see him die. I certainly wasn't.

More to the point, what would possess you to "exaggerate" a post on a topic thats so sensitive? Are you really that stupid?

EDIT: If what you say is true, then i'm sorry thats how things are for you. But just because you have shit going on doesn't mean you can get away with saying someone like MJ deserved to die.

Also keeping my opinion to myself is one of my weaknesses, I 99.5% of the time speak my mind.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 26 June 2009 - 00:53.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 00:53

Well, SO-RRY. I was just caught in the gravity of all of it. If you're gonna make fun of me, than fuck off, because I don't need this shit in my life.

I apologize to any fan who has to go through this.

EDIT: Ion, It's OK. I just wish you told me that "speaking your mind" was one of your weaknesses earlier. Ion, I'm sorry too. Guess I should've kept my mouth closed.

Edited by General Wesley, 26 June 2009 - 00:57.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 NOPE

Amateur

• 147 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 00:56

way to beg for pity, bringing your personal life into a conversation about a celebrity's death.
this sig is a lie

#20 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 00:57

I'm not making fun of you. If your dad is a pothead then I truly am sorry, but I can't do anything about it. I'm not a bad person and I would help if I could, but I can't.

Its also very rich you telling me not to post my opinion when you continually post yours. I will post whatever I want to. Hopefully you learn something from this. Sometimes its better to keep your opinion to yourself.

EDIT : You didn't know I speak my mind? I thought that was a well known fact by now.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 26 June 2009 - 01:02.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:01

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 26 Jun 2009, 1:45, said:

WHOA! I guess I just exaggerated, sorry. But don't give me all this shit, OK? Actually, my standing is exactly the same as yours.

And you know what, when you tell me all this shit, it saddens me. I'm never gonna have a proper childhood. BECAUSE MY STUPID FUCKING POTHEAD FATHER NEVER PAYS HIS FUCKING CHILD SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So please just keep your opinion of me to yourself.

People are allowed to make opinions of others - whether they be tasteful or distasteful. Your personal problems are your own, should you wish to discuss them or ask for support with them then that is totally acceptable. However, should you manipulate your own situation in order to make others feel guilty to pass over a discussion, I would personally find that unacceptable. This is only a discussion regarding the death of Jacko, NOT A BASHING CONTEST. Keep the jabs light please gentlemen.

#22 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:04

All right. Ion, I hope we learned something from this. Let's be gentlemen, capiche? All of us, me included.

Did anyone grow up with Michael Jackson? By that I mean, grow up listening to his music.

Edited by General Wesley, 26 June 2009 - 01:04.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:07

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 26 Jun 2009, 2:04, said:

All right. Ion, I hope we learned something from this. Let's be gentlemen, capiche? All of us, me included.

Did anyone grow up with Michael Jackson? By that I mean, grow up listening to his music.

Its not as simple as just moving on like that. You said things you shouldn't have said. I won't let you brush it off just like that. That said I do hope you learned something. I also hope realise you still need to do something, and that I don't have to tell you to do it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:09

So, she's dead?

R.I.P. - requiescat in pace.

Yes, I posted this exact same message on the SWR forums as well. So? :P
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:09

View PostGeneral Wesley, on 26 Jun 2009, 2:04, said:

I don't believe we have any forumers who grew up with Mj - your best bet would be Wiz, but he is still likely too young to have remembered his best days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users