Blitz II Release 3

7 replies to this topic

#1 Korona

• Project Team
  • 2 posts
  • Projects: Blitz2 and MEC2 and all that other stuff 2

Posted 30 June 2009 - 17:35

Posted Image

After a huge amount of time and effort, Blitz II has finally reached Release 3! It's time to jump! Go! Go! Go!

For those of you who just want to download it, here is the link:
Posted Image

Here is the link to the manual:
Posted Image

And here is a link to Hamachi which you will need to play online since the gamespy servers do not seem to work with many people's games any more:

Posted Image

A huge number of people have contributed to this mod over its long life some of them need a really special mention.

Firstly thank you to Neo who has done so much work for the mod and whose unwavering enthusiasm kept me interested and committed.

Secondly a big thank you to Flyby. His efforts since the start of the mod are responsible for so many of the cool code tweaks that are in the final game. His willingness to share ideas meant for his own projects gave us many things we adapted and incorporated into the final mod. He is also responsible for some of the coolest models in the game. Thank you so much!

Another guy who needs a huge huge thank you is Topknot. I have no idea if he is ever likely to read this since he went AWOL and has never been seen since, but THANK YOU! Our model dump has a huge number of unfinished models, but so many of them were fixed up and UV mapped by Topknot. He saved me months of work by fixing these things up and raised the bar of quality. Even if he never hears of it, his work is hugely appreciated.

Thank you to Killakanz, some of our best models are his creations and he allowed us to shamelessly pillage his side-project for our own nefarious ends.

Many thanks to Logan for sharing his huge wealth of expertise and helping to create our weapon tables. These formed the basis of our unit stats and his attention to detail helped to create the anomaly of a historically accurate AND fun mod!

A massive thanks to our Beta team, especially the "old guard" who were committed to the mod even through the bleakest of times. The nigh-on fanatical commitment to this mod kept it going and alive, while the two years of beta testing and refinement has helped to refine it into one of the sharpest and most fluid RTS mods I have seen.

The former mod leaders and team all need to give themselves a huge pat on the back. While the team carrying the batton the final leg has been pretty small, the team past and present was vast. As I mentioned, many of the models that were part-done or half-done were completed and finally made it into the mod. Building something of this scale from scratch would have been daunting as hell, but having such a huge art pool to draw on saved countless hours and helped bring the release 3 to completion now rather than in 2012! Maybe "ex" team members are anything but with people still contributing and working on things, just not in a full-time capacity.

Finally thank you to everyone who plays and loves the mod, it would have been very hard to make it this far if we thought no one would want to play Blitz when it was done.

Posted Image

Oh and thank you to my gold fish and to the neighbours dog and the cat and to all the little babies and children in the world.

#2 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 01 July 2009 - 19:51

I tried it today but I'm not really satisfied. There are way too many different types of Units for my taste. (WTF? 5 different War Factorys for Axis) I think it would have been better if it kept the ZH gameplay. I really like the idea of unlocking new units for experience but haveing about 200 different tanks is riddicolous. And a few more different voices would have been nice.

Overall its a good mod, but it could have been better

Thats my personal opinion, so I'm fine if anyone thinks otherwise :-)
Posted Image

#3 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 22:31

Nem: If you download expecting generic Zero Hour add on gameplay you will be sadly disappointed. Having been a beta tester for around a year I have fallen in love with its unique gameplay style and look forward to seeing more players on the front. I8.gif

If you want Zero Hour gameplay, Play Zero Hour, You do not need a mod.

#4 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 01 July 2009 - 23:44

Congrats on a successful release guys :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts
  • Projects: None

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:45

View PostStalker, on 1 Jul 2009, 20:51, said:

I tried it today but I'm not really satisfied. There are way too many different types of Units for my taste. (WTF? 5 different War Factorys for Axis) I think it would have been better if it kept the ZH gameplay. I really like the idea of unlocking new units for experience but haveing about 200 different tanks is riddicolous. And a few more different voices would have been nice.

Overall its a good mod, but it could have been better

Thats my personal opinion, so I'm fine if anyone thinks otherwise :-)

The point of this mod is to create a large scale battlefields where you can see most known tank variants.
You would like a battle between axis and allies where there would be only 1 version of sherman and tiger?

In my opinion this mod is most realistic one for zh yet.
I had this feeling that it's too much, but with so many units and structures, player can change his tactics depending on map terrain, his money and weather.
No, maybe not weather, but the rule - Less quality but more quantity does not apply here, it's Good quality and more quantity 8|

But of course that's your opinion, I'm not going to force you to mine opinion.

OR WILL I? :duh:

#6 Admiral

Semi-Pro

• 213 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 17:04

I have played the mod, great mod btw. I was wondering when you are playing Panzer Heaven, a huge 8 player map, you are granted some exp points in the beginning, is that scripting or what???
Thanx.

#7 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 18:10

Solid work, but the gameplay is not appealing to me. There's so much stuff in it that it's absolutely impossible just to, y'know, play the damned thing without suffering a severe case of cerebral hemorrhage or reading the manual thrice on a full-moon night while sacrificing a virgin to the gods of chaos and reciting the necronomicon in the ancient language of the Xæptolμӫӫſt.

But yeah, it's certainly fun, just not for people like me.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#8 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts
  • Projects: None

Posted 08 July 2009 - 20:39

to the gods of chaos

CHAOS. We need it as faction in generals. Immidiately.

Admiral, the experience points is map scripting. You can make scripts in world builder to give player certain exp value at start or at any time, you can even give him sciences at start. Endless possibilities |8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users