Left 4 Dead League / Competition

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 06 July 2009 - 19:44

Hello and welcome to the first FS L4D Competition.

The competition will take the form of a league, with each team playing the other 3x, each time on a different campaign. These games are all played in versus mode.
The winner will be the team that accumulates the most points over all the games. The points will be kept track of by team captains, one for each team. Those points will need to be relayed to me. I will also keep track of points if I am playing.
The winning team will recieve £60 split between them to spend on steam products.

Now that the basics are out of the way we have to get into the nitty and gritty. For the purpose of fairness there are quite alot of rules.

1.AFK Rules.
- A player may go afk a max of 2 times per game. These periods cannot be longer than 5 minutes.
- When a player goes afk, play stops until they return.
- If a player exceeds the AFK time, the other team may continue to play regardless.
- When a player goes AFK, the team must announce it. If they do not the opposing team can play as normal. The announcement must be clear.
- If Team A announce an AFK and team B take advantage - EG, hunter pouncing 30 seconds later. Team A automatically win that level. (In this case a level is one campaign map, out of the total 5) Team B will recieve 0 points for this level and team A will recieve max points.
- If a player repeatedly goes AFK from team A, they must be replaced. If they cannot be replaced then team B wins the game. [In this situation team A will keep all the points they attained from that game, team B will keep the points they had already attained plus they will gain 1200 for every level not yet played in the campaign.]

2. Team rules
- All team members must be present for all the games. Teams are allowed one replacement per game in case of emergency.
- The replacement member must join the game in 10mins of the original member leaving or that team must forfeit the game.
- If one team, or both are experiencing high pings the server will be changed. Play will resume from the level that it was restarted from. Unless that level was already complete, in which case both teams will play to the end of the level, and then the server will be switched. Play will then resume from the next level.
- In the event of disconnection from the server play will be resumed from the current level, if the game had just been started. If team A has already played infected that level their score will be counted and that level will then be played again, with team B playing as the infected. Once this has happened play will move to the next level.
- If all servers are unplayable or a server cannot be found, the game will be rescheduled for another time. With teams maintaining their exisiting points and the game starting from the level last played.

*Thats all I think.

So heres how this will work, I need a minimum of 3 teams, each consisting of 4 players. Matches will be arranged between the teams for dates which suit each team. Once matches have been started no more teams may enter the competition.

You may post team submissions here, or PM them to me. I hope to begin the matches in 1 week, but may keep the team submissions open for 2 weeks if there is enough interest. Questions are welcomed.

Happy Huntering folks!

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 06 July 2009 - 22:31.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 22:43

Team 1 Assembled!

-Team Name: Raging Alcoholics

-Team Motto: In Birro Veritas

-Team Members:
1) AJ
2) Chyros
3) Ion Cannon
4) Ghostrider

Because everything is prettier when you're drunk.

Posted Image

Good luck!

Edited by Ghostrider, 06 July 2009 - 22:43.

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#3 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 16:56

I'm looking for teammates for the league, people intrested should contact me via steam. (I'll only want 4 members, we shouldn't need a back-up)
I'm in the estudios group, and I'll be looking forward to playing with you all.

Team Members so far
Brad

Edited by Brad, 09 July 2009 - 16:56.

You almost did, didn't you?

#4 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:09

Brad, on 9 Jul 2009, 17:56, said:

I'm looking for teammates for the league, people intrested should contact me via steam. (I'll only want 4 members, we shouldn't need a back-up)

Team Members so far
Brad

Yeah, I think you'll be fine.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#5 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:30

deltaepsilon, on 13 Jul 2009, 11:09, said:

Brad, on 9 Jul 2009, 17:56, said:

Team Members so far
Brad

Yeah, I think you'll be fine.

Think carefully now.. Yes yes, I know you find thinking hard, but its really a very useful skill. Did that post you just made contribute anyway to the topic or advance it?

No it didn't, so if your post isn't going to contribute to the topic, don't post at all. - "I get really tired of saying this you would think people would get the message by now."

Now onto a more important point. There has been a low turnout, I know of one other team but they're yet to confirm. This means I am missing one team. I know we have more active L4D players than 8. Therefore I am going to implement the following solution.

If you wish to participate but do not have a team, let me know. I will form teams randomly using a roll system for those who want to play, but as of yet, have no team.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 14 July 2009 - 02:31.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 2nd_2_None

Casual

• 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 20:01

Team 2 Assembled!

-Team Name: The 4 Horsemen

-Team Motto: We put Death where it belongs

-Team Members:
1) Second_2_None
2) Uriel
3) Dragon Slayer
4) xxxxxxxxx

As you may have noticed we are still 1 member short of a Full Team, applications per pm or steam message are welcomed 8|
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users