Maps subforum.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 17:16

I know mapping isn't the most productive part of this community, but Shockwave maps had a massive archive of community and fan made maps, which have disappeared with the shockwave forums.
Now, say you were to bring that back to somewhere else, but as a place where people can post their own maps made for any game.
I couldn't tell you where the subforum would fit, I'd leave that up to you to decide.
I don't even know how active it would be any more, or how many maps would be posted for different games, but who knows, we may get a good archive of community creativity going.
Posted Image

#2 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 18:43

There was a plan to do this actually, I'm just not sure where it went.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#3 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 18:48

This has been brought up many times in the admin area, and has seemed to got lost in the sea of threads every time. :P

Since there was admin support for this last time, I will go ahead and make this forum now.

EDIT: and done: http://forum.fallout...p?showforum=393 :P

Edited by Bob, 15 July 2009 - 18:53.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#4 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 22:23

I could bring in allot of the old Mapper Guild fragments which contains tons of maps.
Posted Image

#5 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 22:31

Would it be possible to start getting some of the old ZH maps out of retirement too?
For there can be no death without life.

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 22:46

Bob went through the whole list when he put the dlc on the website. What we have there is the best of what's about and we don't want to have a redundant forum when we can put that sort of thing directly on the site. New maps can be submitted there and then hosted on the site if they are popular enough/good enough.

#7 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 22:50

View PostWizard, on 15 Jul 2009, 23:46, said:

Bob went through the whole list when he put the dlc on the website. What we have there is the best of what's about and we don't want to have a redundant forum when we can put that sort of thing directly on the site. New maps can be submitted there and then hosted on the site if they are popular enough/good enough.

Works for me. Maybe a redirect from the forum to the DLC on the site?
For there can be no death without life.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users