Super Unit Comparison Results

28 replies to this topic

#1 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 21 July 2009 - 21:01

I randomly decided to compare the fighting capabilities of each super unit against all the others. It was a landslide victory for some, and a landslide loss for others.

This was between the six super units currently in the game, the Stalker, the Lead Beam, the Gattling Nuke Cannon, the Gattlinglord, the Battletank, and the Leviathan.

Stats:
-------------
#1. Gattling Nuke Cannon - 5W 0L - Taking home the first place prize, winning every single fight. The Stalker could've beaten it though if it just kept moving.

#2. Gattlinglord - 4W 1L - Second place, it only lost to the Gattling Nuke Cannon.

#3. Battletank - Easily killed the Stalker with its PDL defense systems, but lost to the superior firepower of the Gattlinglord and Gattling Nuke Cannon.

#4. Lead Beam -1W 1T 3L - Tied with the Stalker tank.

#4. Stalker - 1W 1T 3L - Managed to kill the Lead Beam right after it died. Fought without any salvage upgrades though.

#5. Leviathan - 0W 5L - The worst competitor, lost every match it fought. Fought without and salvage upgrades though. Probably would do a lot better with the double-barreled upgrade it gets with two salvages.

So, yeah, the results speak for themselves. The Gattling Nuke Cannon is still overpowered, and the Leviathan needs some improvement. The PDL's on the Battletank might need to be toned down a bit, as the Stalker could barely scratch it.

The final matchup was between all six super units, and the Uberlord. The results weren't surprising. The Uberlord killed all of them easily, but if the other units can distract the Uberlord long enough, then the Gattling Nuke Cannon could easily destroy it with its massive volley of twelve nuke cannon shells.

Any comments?

-Jordan

Edited by Jordan, 30 July 2009 - 18:03.

C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

#2 Su8perkillr

See the red light on your chest?

• 559 posts
  • Projects: Losing the game

Posted 21 July 2009 - 21:40

can uberlord atk air? i want to be sure an airforce of 40+ migs will be capable to bring it down :P
Posted Image

#3 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 21:56

The Uberlord is still being modified, it may be able to switch its add-ons once it is completed. I'm thinking of adding an Inferno missile turret option so it can shoot air targets.

You might need more than 40 MiGs to kill it though.
Posted Image

#4 Bang

Visitor

• 49 posts
  • Projects: none

Posted 21 July 2009 - 22:24

Can you add some screenshots Id like to see stalker vs gattling overlord :P
Posted Image

#5 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 22:33

what would u say that is the best way to get rid of an uberlord? one heck of a minefield? ^^
Posted Image

#6 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 22:34

One Comanche. :P
Posted Image

#7 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 22:44

erm... did u add the airliner that drops his engines? if so... i know what is going to rain down on that tank xD
Posted Image

#8 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:43

Maybe increase the time the Gattling Nuke Cannon needs to reach full speed and decrease the shell damage?
Posted Image

#9 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 22 July 2009 - 13:20

Leviathan? is it the maus?
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#10 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 16:02

If the Leviathan placed 5th out of 6 competitors, doesn't that mean the Lead Beam placed 6th (officially making it the "worst")? Also, I do believe the test has a few flaws, because as I'm seeing it, these super units just lined up across from each other and started shooting. The units should have been able to move, meaning the Gattling Nuke Cannon would have had a severe disadvantage because of its need to deploy to fire.
Posted Image

#11 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 17:40

These units are all about the same speed, as they are all massively armored tanks, and they couldn't get within the Gattling Nuke Cannon's minimum range area before getting killed by splash damage because they were too slow. And besides, microing the Gattling Nuke Cannon would allow it to win anyways.

Oh, the Stalker and Lead Beam were tied for fourth place.

-Jordan

Edited by Jordan, 22 July 2009 - 17:41.

Posted Image

#12 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 19:37

i always thought about the lead beam as a piece of armored standard gattlinggun shit :S or did u make it better? that would be the explaination :3
Posted Image

#13 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 19:57

I'm pretty much about ready to rip the current Lead Beam to shreds and start a new one.
(No offense Bob, but it needs work, the treads didn't even spin)
Posted Image

#14 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 20:39

u should do that. the old one from 0.5 rly sucks (no offense to the maker) it hitted just as much as a standard gattling gun. and it looked awkward, nothing spinned 0.o
Posted Image

#15 GR3NADE

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:43

don´t do uberbord please ... and nuke gatling canon is too fast you can do 0.3 dmg and half rotate (or 0.4) don´t know but uberlord and nuke gatling canon ... china overpowered with those two units

#16 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:27

so what? people would be able to win from china, because china has normal units. if u hten attack with some crazy units from USA... poor china... because the player is laughing his ass out |8 and one Q for u Jordan: can an uberlord fly becuz of fan trucks? if so.... time to circle the damn thing ^^
Posted Image

#17 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:10

View Postsu8perkillr, on 27 Jul 2009, 17:27, said:

and one Q for u Jordan: can an uberlord fly becuz of fan trucks? if so.... time to circle the damn thing ^^

I believe Super Units cannot be made to fly since it'll waste your money and time building it because of a single unit, Jordan said.
Posted Image

#18 SorataZ

Professional

• 347 posts
  • Projects: For the hunt I sharpen my claws.

Posted 27 July 2009 - 14:07

I actually wonder: all sides have will have their own superunits sooner or later, right?
P.S. my first post in a long time here.

#19 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 20:00

Cool story, bro.

Seriously though, this would have been immensely better with pics, and could have probably used as a publicity stunt, if done correctly.
You almost did, didn't you?

#20 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 22:16

Well, I created another super unit after this, I have one in progress, and a concept for another one, so this is pretty much obsolete as of now. Plus, there's going to be extensive modifications made to the Leviathan and Lead Beam, the worst competitors here, as well as a massive re-make of the Lead Beam, the ugliest competitor here. It might even get a turret if it is lucky enough, though that's pushing it.

Expect a much better and more up-to-date publicity stunt later. :lol:

Also, none of these super units can be sent into the air by a Fan Truck, because they are just too big and cost too much to be that easily destroyed. Same goes for hero units. However, normal infantry can be sent into the air.

Also, none of the factions even get the Uberlord as a super unit. Only the China Uberlord Commander gets it, and it replaces his command center. It also doesn't start fully built, so you have to build dozers from it and collect supplies like any other faction, in order to build the turret, barrels, treads, and other stuff that makes it up.

-Jordan
Posted Image

#21 GR3NADE

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:03

ok, thx for that post , i love uberlord xD so in limited super weapons weapons it´s only defending command centre

Edited by GR3NADE, 28 July 2009 - 07:05.

#22 GR3NADE

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:07

but how dozers can build him when is destroyed ? (the new parts) when you have only 12 - 1mine claring windows or you make button "centre" (like GLA fake) and than you have the uberlord´s parts ??? and collect suplies like GLA ? and when you have only part of him , can you send experience weapons (EMP bomb, Tank drop,....)

Edited by GR3NADE, 28 July 2009 - 11:12.

#23 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:29

so... the uberlord is like a mobile command center? :DDDD
gr3nade dont double post, edit ur older one
Posted Image

#24 GR3NADE

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 20:13

can´t edit
reason : no rights ... it types

#25 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 20:50

View PostGR3NADE, on 28 Jul 2009, 21:13, said:

can´t edit
reason : no rights ... it types

*Checks ACP* This sounds like a bug

You're end not ours, member group can edit posts. Make sure you're not being logged out or anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users