Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:43

So how goes the collection of funds?
Posted Image

#52 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:44

Only another £449,999,949.50 to re-establish Concorde and it's flight paths.
For there can be no death without life.

#53 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:47

View PostAJ, on 29 Jul 2009, 11:34, said:

View PostAlias, on 29 Jul 2009, 2:28, said:

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 29 Jul 2009, 11:16, said:

Satire, do you understand it? Apparently not, because that's all this thread is.
I do understand it, but if I just happened to start a thread called "Ways to get all the Jews out of Germany", even if it was a satirical thread I'm sure it'd get locked in an instant. All "this thread is" is just a pointless +1 thread.

Every thread is technically a +1 thread. It's pointless when you have no focal point. As long as this thread focuses around the topic title, it's not pointless, as long as the topic title is reasonable. Neither is it particularly offensive, as we're not discriminating, we're being satirical regards an issue that most Britons will have feelings on. We're not Nazis, and you sure as hell are not the jury at the Nuremberg Trials.
The poll threads had focal points.
Pro-skub or anti-skub: Perry Bible Fellowship
Hey Jude or Let it Be: the Beatles
Las Vegas or Miami: CSI
etc.
They all had a 'focal point' as much as this.

View PostAJ, on 29 Jul 2009, 11:34, said:

Neither is it particularly offensive, as we're not discriminating, we're being satirical regards an issue that most Britons will have feelings on. We're not Nazis, and you sure as hell are not the jury at the Nuremberg Trials.
I'm sure the Nazis thought the same thing when they were locking up Jews. "We're not discriminating, we're just following orders on issues that Nazis have feelings on." While you yourself may not find it offensive, there is sure as hell people who do.

Posted Image

#54 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:50

If anyone finds chav genocide offensive, they must be a chav themselves. I doubt very much that we have any chavs on this forum. Now please Alias, stop being a finickity little bastard and shut up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:51

View PostAJ, on 28 Jul 2009, 21:44, said:

Sounds like I'll be getting rained on in foggy London by the end of the month. Brilliant!
Posted Image

#56 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:51

Little question : Is Alias a chav to react like this ? I suggest we make a poll about that :P

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#57 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:53

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 29 Jul 2009, 2:51, said:

View PostAJ, on 28 Jul 2009, 21:44, said:

Sounds like I'll be getting rained on in foggy London by the end of the month. Brilliant!

We really need to get funding from Wiz - there are always people benefiting during times of recession, and our good friend the Admin is one of them :P

#58 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:56

The thought did cross my mind, but I don't want to seem like a total beggar. :P

Getting the Concorde back up and running would be rather nice though. Always wanted to fly on it.
Posted Image

#59 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:00

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 29 Jul 2009, 2:56, said:

The thought did cross my mind, but I don't want to seem like a total beggar. :P

Getting the Concorde back up and running would be rather nice though. Always wanted to fly on it.

Certainly a life-time experience, one of those things that I would want to do.

Maybe we could bleed Dauth dry? He doesn't need the money as he always gets it back from the funders :o

#60 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:00

View PostIon Cannon!, on 29 Jul 2009, 11:50, said:

If anyone finds chav genocide offensive, they must be a chav themselves. I doubt very much that we have any chavs on this forum. Now please Alias, stop being a finickity little bastard and shut up.
So if there wasn't any Jews in Germany that means Hitler's policy has your approval? I'm not being a 'finickity little bastard', I'm just making sure that the rules are being followed, especially by the moderators.

No discrimination, racism or hate
We absolutely do not tolerate posts that are discriminating, racist or posts which imply hate to other members or to certain groups. You should respect everyone, no matter what their beliefs or personal lifestyle choice, no matter what country they are from, what their skin colour is, or what gender they are: Everyone is equal.

View PostCommander Carl, on 29 Jul 2009, 11:51, said:

Little question : Is Alias a chav to react like this ? I suggest we make a poll about that :P
No I'm not, but I do believe in equality and this certainly doesn't promote equality, nor does it follow the rules.

Posted Image

#61 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:01

View PostAJ, on 28 Jul 2009, 22:00, said:

Maybe we could bleed Dauth dry? He doesn't need the money as he always gets it back from the funders :o

We could, but Dauth is getting his money from the US, and.......oh wait.....nvm, it'd all work out then. :P
Posted Image

#62 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:05

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 29 Jul 2009, 3:01, said:

View PostAJ, on 28 Jul 2009, 22:00, said:

We could, but Dauth is getting his money from the US, and.......oh wait.....nvm, it'd all work out then. :P

No need to bleed him dry then, we can just cut him off at source!

#63 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:07

Why don't we at least wait until he's finished his PhD? Or we could take a chapter from TheDr and cut off his source so he can't finish his program. :O
Posted Image

#64 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:07

View PostAlias, on 29 Jul 2009, 3:00, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 29 Jul 2009, 11:50, said:

So if there wasn't any Jews in Germany that means Hitler's policy has your approval? I'm not being a 'finickity little bastard', I'm just making sure that the rules are being followed, especially by the moderators.

No discrimination, racism or hate
We absolutely do not tolerate posts that are discriminating, racist or posts which imply hate to other members or to certain groups. You should respect everyone, no matter what their beliefs or personal lifestyle choice, no matter what country they are from, what their skin colour is, or what gender they are: Everyone is equal.

View PostCommander Carl, on 29 Jul 2009, 11:51, said:

No I'm not, but I do believe in equality and this certainly doesn't promote equality, nor does it follow the rules.

What the hell are you on about? Are you suggesting i'm condoning the holocaust? Are you even aware what a chav is?

A chav does more harm to society than good. Comparing a fictional genocide of chavs to the holocaust is absurd. Discriminating against chavs is in a similar vein to discriminating against paedophiles, are you suggesting we treat paedophiles as equals to a sane rational law abiding human being?

Furthermore you are not a mod, the moderators would close this if they saw fit.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 29 July 2009 - 02:09.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:10

I'm just merely changing your words from being against chavs to being against Jews. If you think that it's offensive after I change it, why isn't it offensive beforehand?
Of course I know what a chav is, but regardless of what they do they are still human and as such should be treated in the same vein. The same goes for paedophiles.

Posted Image

#66 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:11

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 29 Jul 2009, 3:07, said:

Why don't we at least wait until he's finished his PhD? Or we could take a chapter from TheDr and cut off his source so he can't finish his program. :O

I'd blame HECTOR for all of Dauth's woes. That said, TheDr has an evil moon base, so we could sell it to the US State department and get Concorde back online!

#67 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:17

A top shelf idea mate! But wait...would the good Doctor want to part with his evil moon base lair just to get me across the ocean (and perhaps a sight-seeing excursion around the world?)
Posted Image

#68 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:21

He could use a tractor beam to transport you across the ocean!

#69 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:24

View PostAlias, on 29 Jul 2009, 3:10, said:

Of course I know what a chav is, but regardless of what they do they are still human and as such should be treated in the same vein. The same goes for paedophiles.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#70 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:25

Well, if he's going to use a beam made of tractors, then we should talk to Axel of Sweden to see if he'll loan us his Volvo's for the day.

Side note: Yes, I'm aware of the horrendous pun.
Posted Image

#71 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:27

Sure you don't want to go to Sweden on the side? It's a nice country! :P

If not, I would suggest a Kubota tractor beam - it has air-con, MP3 capabilities and a sofa for the down time 8|

#72 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:30

View PostAlias, on 29 Jul 2009, 3:10, said:

Now that simple idea is even worse than Nazism...
What describes your humanity are your acts, if you cause harm to other people like those bastards do, you're not a human anymore, just a beast, and therefore doesn't deserve to be treated as a human.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#73 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:31

Speaking of MP3 capabilities, that means I could listen to this song on the way over. :P
Posted Image

#74 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:39

We could drive you over in a big ol' Combine Harvester. I'll even give you the key! :P

#75 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:40

I call dibs on the bloody huge red one Hammond had in Top Gear!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users