Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 18:52

View PostDauth, on 31 Jul 2009, 13:50, said:

View PostHøbbesy, on 31 Jul 2009, 19:48, said:

View PostDauth, on 31 Jul 2009, 13:47, said:

View PostHøbbesy, on 31 Jul 2009, 19:44, said:

It'd be easier to join the L4D server if it were tied to the unofficial group. We could use the "Join Steam Group Server" button to full effect.

Its tied to the official group. I'm not having access to a server paid for by the admins given by someone off the moderating team.

What's the point of a server for the community if only the admins have access to it?

That's not what I said, access to the unofficial group is not controlled by the moderating team, there are others who can allow people in. Quite simply I'm not risking our money.

How would it be risking money?

#27 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 18:57

View PostHøbbesy, on 31 Jul 2009, 19:52, said:

View PostDauth, on 31 Jul 2009, 13:50, said:

View PostHøbbesy, on 31 Jul 2009, 19:48, said:

View PostDauth, on 31 Jul 2009, 13:47, said:

View PostHøbbesy, on 31 Jul 2009, 19:44, said:

It'd be easier to join the L4D server if it were tied to the unofficial group. We could use the "Join Steam Group Server" button to full effect.

Its tied to the official group. I'm not having access to a server paid for by the admins given by someone off the moderating team.

What's the point of a server for the community if only the admins have access to it?

That's not what I said, access to the unofficial group is not controlled by the moderating team, there are others who can allow people in. Quite simply I'm not risking our money.

How would it be risking money?

We're responsible for maintaining the server, we have discussed this several times over and the fact remains the same, if the server has our name on it then its the group we control thats attached to it. Join the official group and get all the benefits.

#28 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 18:59

View PostDauth, on 31 Jul 2009, 13:57, said:

We're responsible for maintaining the server, we have discussed this several times over and the fact remains the same, if the server has our name on it then its the group we control thats attached to it. Join the official group and get all the benefits.

You'd still be maintaining the server if it was part of the unofficial group.

Why does the name matter?

Invite me to the group so I can join it.

Come to think of it, why did you leave the unofficial group? Do you not like the idea of something community run?

Edited by Høbbesy, 31 July 2009 - 19:01.

#29 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 20:08

I've explained why I left the unofficial group to you Hobbesy, and an invite has been sent, I'll try to invite everyone from FS, just join my steam friends list guys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users