←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

TRON

Dr. Strangelove's Photo Dr. Strangelove 06 Aug 2009

GLA Bikers can ride the lightcycles from TRON.
Posted Image

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 06 Aug 2009

it looks cool, but then shorter, like (for the WoW players around here) when u sprint in WoW, then there is a small white tray behind u. that would look better then onomotopoeia or something like that

Jordan's Photo Jordan 06 Aug 2009

This would be a lot of fun to have.

Maybe as a special mission, there could be a lightcycle battle arena. Might be really hard to code though, but would be so worth it if I could figure out a way to make trails that destroy vehicles and use WASD to control the cycles. Probably asking a bit too much out of an RTS, but there was that one space invaders mod that seemed to work well at what it did.

CJ's Photo CJ 06 Aug 2009

Don't do that, I hate Space Invaders mod for it's not compatible with Azerty keyboards, I wouldn't support having the same issue with Crazy Mod (Alt+Shift didn't do anything) :xD:

I don't think that the generals.str file would cause mismatches if it was different for two people over online play, since it just controls text, not coding, so I might be able to have multiple versions of the .str file, one with a qwerty layout, and ones for alternate layouts. Really everything is controlled by hotkeys, so you can change them to support different keyboards. I think it should work, but not 100% sure.

CJ's Photo CJ 06 Aug 2009

View PostJordan, on 6 Aug 2009, 16:42, said:

I don't think that the generals.str file would cause mismatches if it was different for two people over online play, since it just controls text, not coding, so I might be able to have multiple versions of the .str file, one with a qwerty layout, and ones for alternate layouts. Really everything is controlled by hotkeys, so you can change them to support different keyboards. I think it should work, but not 100% sure.

... I guess it's possible, anyways you reminded me that I didn't try to modify the language file for Space Invaders, that was stupid of me Posted Image

You wouldn't have known unless you opened up the files and figured out how the whole thing worked. It's a little confusing.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 06 Aug 2009

Jordan, always the innovative thinker. If and when this is implemented, it'll be one of the bragging rights for this mod.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 06 Aug 2009

why azerty keyboards when a years "90 compaq works fine to :P

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 06 Aug 2009

You can do w/e you like with the .str it doesnt cause MM's, I made a custom shortcut key .str for SHW and it worked fine. So yeah you could have multiple ones just switch them around